“Average Overall” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 199 Hotels in Dallas
Columbus, Ohio
“Average Overall”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Note there are 2 NYLO's in Dallas. I stayed at the NYLO Southside and other co-workers stayed at NYLO Las Colina's (near DFW). I was able to see both.

Pros: Very cool loft style rooms with exposed fixtures and energy saving rooms (you use your room key to turn on the lights). We had a car and parked it out front after inquiring at check in. No cost, but sounds like you need to double check based on other reviews. Music wasn't that loud, but I was on the 2nd floor, further away from the rooftop bar. I had ear plugs I used and was fine.

Cons: Service - At Southside we checked in around 10pm. The woman checking us in acted like she could care less about us being there. Example is when my co-worker got his room key he walked away and went to his room. When I got my key card I asked a few questions and said that it would've been nice for my co-worker to know. Her reply: "Well he shouldn't have just walked off". Not the professional response I expected.

My co-worker who stayed at Nylo near DFW loved it. It appears a newer and I preferred the lobby (more funky attributes). I would stay there to give it a try.

Room Tip: Lower room for less rooftop bar noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ohiocouple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thanks for the feedback and I sincerely apologize about your reception upon arrival. We strive to make every guest feel welcome upon arrival and it seems we failed to do so in this event. I will certainly address this with my front desk team and make sure it doesn’t happen in the future. I hope that you give us another shot in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Trent Yoder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We recently travelled to Dallas for our son's wedding. We were hosting the rehearsal dinner and needed to find a venue downtown. Having stayed at the NYLO in Plano- and liked it very much-we decided to check out the downtown hotel.The pictures online showed a terrific view of the skyline at night from the rooftop bar. We were put in touch with Griselle, the events manager and booked a block of rooms for our guests. Griselle could not have been nicer or more helpful in setting up the rehearsal dinner, which we held in the library/ lounge off the lobby. We had my 96 year old mother-in-law with us and Griselle made sure that we had an ADA room for her and her companion and also arranged for a birthday cake for her at the dinner. The food was delicious and everyone had a great time.
The rooms are quite large and the beds are incredibly comfortable. And the atmosphere of the hotel is funky, which we liked a lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Having said that, the hotel does attract a young, extremely noisy crowd on the weekend. As another reviewer experienced, we also had to call down to the desk because of screaming in the halls, bell ringing in the middle of the night, loud music and lots of yelling as people were coming and going from the entrance, which unfortunately was directly below us. Maybe it was only because it was a holiday weekend, I don't know. It wasn't enough to ruin the trip- and I would emphasize again that everyone who worked there was delightful- but I would have to say that I would think twice about staying there again despite the good location close to downtown.

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms, over the entrance. Very noisy, barbeque joint across the street with loud mus...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback and we were so proud to have hosted your son’s rehearsal dinner at NYLO South Side. And you are right, Griselle is a huge asset to our company. I do apologize for the noise issues and I assure you, I am addressing the issues. Some people just don’t know how loud they are. We hope to have you back when you have a little more time to just relax and enjoy the hotel.

Kindest Regards,
Trent Yoder
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at NYLO South Side about a year ago for two weeks(work) and had a great experience. The hotel is super cool looking and has really comfortable beds. I was planning to head to Dallas for a weekend and thought I would stay here again since I loved it the first time around. Totally different. They no longer have free self parking, fifteen bucks a night. Not a huge deal, but a surprise since it was free last time. Upon check in I was given a glass of champagne, nice little touch that was new. We headed up to the rooftop pool after getting settled in. A strange crowd with no seating. Very noisy and abnoxious people. That night at 2am we were woken up by screaming in the hallway. After the bar closes you hear everything inlcuding the drunken fights of all the people that were partying at the Soda bar.
I asked to move rooms the next morning and was accomodated. Our new room was a bit quiter but not by much. We were then woken up by a motorcyle blaring past the hotel in the middle of the night. We went out the next night and decided to go see what all the fuss was about at the pool. It was packed and noisy. We got carded at the door, annoying when you are obviously 21 and staying at the hotel. We decided to head back to our room. The elevator filled up with a bunch of drunk kids. When we excited the elevator to go to our room we heard silly comments about us going back to our room. Seriously! We are grown ups! This is not the crowd I want to be around.
Our room was fine. The bed is always comfortable but there were some issues in the bathroom. The door was really hard to open and close. The fixtures were hanging off the wall in the shower.
Needless to say we will not be staying at NYLO again. Next time go with the tried and true grown up hotel, Palomar, Hotel Lumen. Guranteed a great bar with mature patrons and a great nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for your feedback regarding your stay and I apologize that we failed living up to your expectations. I would love it if you gave us another chance to prove that we are still the great hotel that you experienced a year ago. Please feel free to contact me at tyoder@nylohotels.com and I assure you we can make your experience with us more memorable.

-Trent Yoder
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at NYLO while in Dallas celebrating our anniversary. We got in from the Reunion Tower rather late and decided to play some pool in the lobby. Chris, the guy working the front desk at the time, was absolutely fantastic. He was a joy to talk with, made us some excellent drinks and offered us complimentary champagne to celebrate. We will definitely stay there again as soon as we find an excuse to get back down there. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Can’t agree with you more. Chris is awesome. Glad everything went so well and hope to have you back to the NYLO South Side very soon.
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Signed up on TA specifically to warn you. OUR EXPERIENCE WAS TERRIBLE!!! Upon arrival, we heard vermin in the exposed PVC plumbing.The iron had rust in it and ruined my new shirt for a wedding we were running late for. I contacted front desk and was told the manager would get with me. Never happened. The sounds from the rooftop club will not allow a good night's sleep until well after 2:00 am. There is no room service. Add in the demographics of 'Souf Dallas' and neighbors arguing over chicken 'wangs' and fries and you will not enjoy the stay. What a joke. I've never wanted to leave a hotel this bad EVER!! Hope all NYLO hotels aren't this bad, but I won't be finding out. Should have stayed at the Omni.

Stayed June 2014
Wetaskiwin, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We Stayed here for 1 night in May, when the Toronto Blue Jays were in town. It is truly breathtaking. I was mesmerized by the decor - its so incredible. Different, funky, Unique - something to see. The Rooftop pool is perfect! The hotel itself is a 2 minute taxi ride from downtown but worth it! The restaurant on the main level has incredible food. We had the chicken & Turkey Club with roasted tomato bisque & creme brule for dessert. I couldn't have been more impressed with the food or service. Will definitely stay here or at the other locations. Great PLACE!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Well what can I say about this review? Thank you so much and I’m glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I can’t agree more with you about the food. Hope you get back soon as we are just about to add some even more wonderful dishes to the menu. Let me know if I can assist in making arrangements for you to get back to Texas and NYLO South Side.

Stay Unique
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at the NYLO last week. The hotel has a fun, trendy vibe and the staff were all very warm and gracious. The room was great (very clean and it had everything I needed for my business trip) and the bed was truly excellent. The restaurant offers a wide variety of choices and that kept things from getting boring. I thought the NYLO was in a great location and it had easy freeway access for the times when I wanted to go out exploring. Parking is also very good. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to the Dallas area. :+)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 513 and enjoyed noise free sleep each night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for this great review and I’m happy that we were everything you expected. Next time you venture back this way, let me know and I will make sure we roll out the red carpet for you!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
The Joule, Dallas
Aloft Dallas Downtown
Aloft Dallas Downtown
#68 of 199 in Dallas
4.0 of 5 stars 508 reviews

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!