“Best Hotel/New Years Party”

NYLO Dallas South Side
Ranked #43 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I live north of Dallas and spent new years eve at the hotel since they threw their own party on the roof. Great party, DJ was fun and the bartenders were quick. The hotel was completely sold out that night but the rooms were so quiet you would think you were the only ones there! Rooms are comfy and clean and we had a great view of downtown. We were so impressed with the hotel/roof top bar (which has a pool) that we are already planning a date night during the summer to take advantage of it. Can't wait!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Staying here now and a few things frustrate me to no end. First, they don't have a gym in house. They do have access to a gym, but it's supposedly a mile away and the hotel shuttle doesn't run until 8am...so they have no gym. And it costs $10/day to use by the way. Second, the "free"wifi is a complete joke. Extremely slow. Staff is nice, but again extremely slow (there's a theme here). It took me about 10 minutes to check in. Went to the rooftop bar, and again nice staff but took about 10 minutes until someone took my order and another 25 minutes to get a couple of very basic appetizers. I've stayed at a couple of hotels in downtown Dallas and can say that this is the worst. I would stay at the aloft.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Aml147
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here for a night and got a room with two beds. This hotel is great for those who are out of town (single or couples) but not family. The location is great because it is in downtown Dallas and there are many interesting hip places to go to.We are from Dallas area and we just came here to get away from the burbs. We love the ambience of this hotel but did not particularly like our room. There's nothing wrong with it but we just don't feel comfortable in that industrial look with hard floors. It just didn't feel cozy. But the room was quite large with lots of sitting area. We had breakfast there and the food was okay, not great but not bad. Although I was very happy with my tea because they gave me a big cast iron pot and had about 4-5 cups from it. The service can vary. They can be snooty or friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

October, 2013 visit to Dallas and I stayed at the NYLO. First night was a little noisy with construction outside but staff switched rooms for the remainder of my visit. Rooms were large, high ceilings and unique design. Rooftop bar was an excellent place to relax in the evening with a great view of the city. I had a late check in and the staff guided me to a bar/restaurant across the street for a quick meal - great choice. Rooms were clean, staff great and rooftop bar makes this a great choice and a great value.

Room Tip: Not sure which side of hotel faces street where construction vehicles frequent - I'd ask for roo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I were going to a concert on the south side of Dallas at Poor David's Pub and wanted something to eat and drink before the event. We saw the Nylo Hotel and asked if they had food. They sent us to the roof to the Soda Bar. What a fabulous place. We had a couple of drinks and some light food. The mixed drinks were very generous. My wife's wine selection was recommended by the bar-tender. He uncorked, sampled the flavor and didn't like the taste. He found a second bottle and poured for my wife. He said the first was just a little off. Where else would they do that?

Service was great, ambiance was tops with a view of downtown and the food and drink were excellent. We will go back there without hesitation.

The hotel did look like it would be fun for a short stay-cation so we might try that as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My fiancé surprised me with a stay-cation for my birthday at this beautiful hotel. From the moment you pull up outside the doors you know you're going to have impeccable service. The front desk was so warm and welcoming. We had both of our pups with us, and they were sweet to them as well. A lot of hotels act annoyed if you bring your dogs, even though you are paying for them! That was definitely not the case this time. We got up to our room and it was absolutely beautiful. There was a little mishap in the room, that happens in all hotels and cant be avoided. There were just some ants in the room. It was in the dead of summer, and is common in the city. I called down and spoke with the front desk. Lawrence, the manager on duty, raced right up to our room with keys to a new room and apologized profusely. We were just chatting with him and told him we were celebrating my birthday and our very new engagement. We had a couple friends hanging out with us during the day as well. Shortly after checking into our new room, there was a knock on the door. He sent us all up champagne!! I truly felt special all day long. When we saw him around the hotel, he remembered our names and would check on us. I noticed he did this with everyone. I could tell him really cared about everyone's experience. The bar on the rooftop was gorgeous!!!!! The bartenders were very nice and unpretentious(rare in this type of setting). We will continue to go back every chance we get, and recommend NYLO to all out of town guests. This is perfect for people even just wanting a scenic view while having drinks. Its a sight you should not miss!

Room Tip: I love to face the downtown skyline.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Loved it here - super cool and very trendy.

NYLO has a funky lobby, good rooms, a great rooftop bar and swimming pool with friendly, upbeat staff. The decor is great throughout; an eclectic mix of old-skool-cool and hipster-chic. Including hanging air-ducts, pop-art and painted pianos. The rooms are great - large, with high ceilings with exposed brick, but a special shout-out to their super comfy beds.

The only issue we had was the room was freezing upon arrival and unfortunately the bar closed quite early (well before 10pm) so we had to go elsewhere for a drink. Otherwise all great!

Just a short drive from downtown and the Bishop Arts District, NYLO is highly recommended for a modern stay in Dallas.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple