“Cool bar”

NYLO Dallas South Side
Ranked #44 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Cool bar”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our room was comfortable and clean. The rooftop bar was fun and the woman who waited on us was very friendly. The pool , firepit and view of the downtown skyline made the bar the highlight of the stay. We ate dinner at the bar and breakfast downstairs. The food was okay. Our waitress at breakfast was very pleasant. My only real complaint was that the housekeeper banged on our door at 8:14am. I'm usually on my way to work by that time, but when I'm on vacation, I like to sleep in. I have never had anyone at any hotel try to clean my room that early. She came back at nine and tried again. Seriously?

Room Tip: If you're in a room by the elevator, you can hear the "bell" when the elevator door op...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This stay was so relaxing & exciting... location is just perfect for dining,exploring & staying in. The piano in the lobby is exquisite & the bar & pool in the rooftop is mind blowing. The staff & clientèle is so eccentric & I just can't wait for the late spring to revisit

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

What a true pleasure! This hotel and staff are wonderful. We stayed here to be near an event we needed to attend. We were so pleased with our room, the view, the roof top bar, the friendly and super helpful staff. Our room was huge! There was plenty of amenities, right down to a makeup mirror. If you have the opportunity, check this hotel out- you will NOT be disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wonderful accommodations-perfect for business and pleasure. Décor is gorgeous and staff are flexible and ensured that our needs were immediately met. Definitely worth staying right outside of the city-cab ride is easy to access and less than $10. Thank You!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had to pay $310 to stay here because it was UT v OU weekend. It was within walking distance to Gilleys where we saw The National play. The rooms are eclectic and cool. The rooftop offers a spectacular view. There are several bars within walking distance as well. We don't normally spend that kind of money, but it was a special treat for our anniversary. With that being said, I will never stay here again due to the value for the price. Our bathroom had a funky smell which ended up being the shower curtain covered in mildew. I did not sleep a wink because there were people yelling in the hallway at 4 am and the walls are paper thin so I heard our neighbors constantly. I've stayed at La Quintas for a fraction of that price, got a good night's sleep in a comfy bed, had a super clean room, AND ate a free breakfast. I'm just not impressed here.

• Stayed October 2013
Temple, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed on a Saturday night with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway. Our reservation happened to be the same night as the Lamar Street Festival. I never would have booked had I know that. The streets were blocked off, there was absolutely no parking to be found within any reasonable distance, so we were forced to pay the extra for valet parking. We got to the room a little before 10 pm and could here the music blaring from an outside stage down the block from the hotel. We had to turn up the volume on the TV super loud just to drown it out enough to go to sleep. (Had my reservations been refundable I would have left and gone elsewhere immediately.) You can hear other guests through the walls. The room was nice, but there was nothing unusual or exceptional about it. The rooftop bar was ruined for me due to the music festival concert being so loud. The infinity pool is a cool feature, but it is actually very small. I feel we should have been informed of this festival upon booking, as I was not prepared for an all night party outside my window. I spent $185 for the room/valet. I was expecting so much more for the amount I spent. I could have spent $120 somewhere else and had a much nicer experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple