“Exceeded Expectation”

NYLO Dallas South Side
Ranked #43 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The moment I walked into the lobby, I was amazed by the décor and atmosphere. Sophisticated and stylish. Gentleman at the reception greeted me by my name – as if I was the only guest and he has been expecting my arrival all day long! The room was just as what was described on the website – high ceiling, large window, modern design, clean and very spacious. We went to check out the roof-top bar and pool, very nice. Pool is a bit small, more like a giant Jacuzzi. But the view was breathtaking.

Location of the hotel was pretty good too. A mini-mart right across the street and two other restaurants. It was convenient if we didn't feel like eating at the hotel. However, there's nothing else close-by.

There was one incident, but NYLO managed it very well. Valet from previous night lost our car key – my boyfriend found out in the morning when he was about to leave for an appointment. They couldn’t find the key nor the guy. We were checking out on that day too so we need our car! Long story short, NYLO team called a lock-smith to open the door and got us an extra key by around 12:30pm. At the time of check-out, the manager apologized again and said he has taken all valet charges for the whole period out. I joked that he should also take out all the room charges. To my surprise, he immediately offered a complimentary night. But since we were leaving, he gave us our last night free. We truly appreciate how NYLO staff handled the situation – the fast action to call a lock-smith, the hourly update, the kind gestures, etc. Of course we were frustrated, but we left with big smiles on our faces.

NYLO is definitely on top of my list the next time I visit Dallas!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yaminator426

Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you like to spend $200 a night for a dorm room this is your place. There are no amenities and walking anywhere is a dicey bet. It is unfortunate because they advertise full service food until 10pm and bar service until 2am. I arrived from L.A. at the hotel around 9pm and couldn't get food without calling out. While waiting for my pizza delivery they gave last call at the bar (9:30pm CST). You CANNOT expect to attract business travelers without dependable hours of service especially if you are isolated from other restaurants and bars. I wanted to like this hotel because it is convenient to my business needs but I will not stay here again and would not recommend. Good luck making a successful hotel on bachelorette parties.

Stayed: October 2013
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hays A,

Thank you for your candid feedback, our goal is to provide our all of our guests with a great experience and I am disappointed to learn that we did not achieve this goal with your most recent stay. We would like to know more details regarding your stay and see if we can regain your trust. May you please contact Trent Yoder, General Manager of NYLO Dallas South Side, at 214-778-6799 or tyoder@nylohotels.com as we would like to discuss your visit.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Trent Yoder

Reviewed October 12, 2013

NYLO provided excellent service from the initial welcome at the front desk to the surprise gift bag at check out. Hotel desk staff provided excellent directions to use the DART system to access the AA center. We felt safe walking the 2 blocks to the station and the parking lot has 24 hour security. Rooms well designed and good use of space. If you want a "traditional luxury" hotel, this is not your hotel. If you want a unique, relaxing and enjoyable experience, I highly recommend this hotel. Children may be bored although the roof top bar had foosball and the lobby had a pool table. Hotel is really for adults only.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Nylo has an absolutely beautiful rooftop bar. Small infinity pool but large bar area. Rooms are nice. Loft inspired. Love the fact that the bottled water is free and not charged in the room. Only downside is there's no late night room service or any convenience store options around. Location is just fair. Beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Lush21

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share them with us on TripAdvisor. We are well known for the beautiful skyline views from our rooftop bar! In fact, we received best bar with a view award this year. I am pleased to read that your stay went wonderfully well and you had the chance to enjoy all of our amenities.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Stay Unique,
Trent Yoder

Reviewed October 7, 2013

What a great hotel! Stayed here for a friends bachelorette weekend and we could not have been happier. The view of the skyline from the rooftop bar can't be beat. Staff was attentive and friendly. I apologize if I get her name wrong but I think it was Tia (?), she was especially great. Even shuttled us to our dinner reservations and we talked non-stop the whole way.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank l_hallsmith88
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Huge room, but far from downtown, which is not necessarily bad, because Dallas is a horrible place. I reserved a room with booking.com but it did not work. Luckily they had a free room, which was very very spacious but not very cheap. Great view from the pool on the rooftop and nice food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank carlos282
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

View is great, the pool is on the roof, amazing bar on the roof and great staff. Only complaint was a manager who was being too into our business as we were "younger". Go to the bar on the roof, order a drink and also order a burger from the bar staff. The restaurant brings it up stairs to the bar. So good! Really liked this place.

• Stayed: September 2013