“Best hotel in Dallas” 5 of 5 bubbles

NYLO Dallas South Side
Ranked #32 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
“Best hotel in Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

What a great hotel! Stayed here for a friends bachelorette weekend and we could not have been happier. The view of the skyline from the rooftop bar can't be beat. Staff was attentive and friendly. I apologize if I get her name wrong but I think it was Tia (?), she was especially great. Even shuttled us to our dinner reservations and we talked non-stop the whole way.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank l_hallsmith88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Huge room, but far from downtown, which is not necessarily bad, because Dallas is a horrible place. I reserved a room with booking.com but it did not work. Luckily they had a free room, which was very very spacious but not very cheap. Great view from the pool on the rooftop and nice food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank carlo s
San Antonio, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

View is great, the pool is on the roof, amazing bar on the roof and great staff. Only complaint was a manager who was being too into our business as we were "younger". Go to the bar on the roof, order a drink and also order a burger from the bar staff. The restaurant brings it up stairs to the bar. So good! Really liked this place.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We live in Dallas and decided to have a "staycation". We chose this hotel for its uniqueness and reasonable prices, and it exceeded our expectations! The interior design was gorgeous, the rooftop pool had amazing views, the staff was warm and welcoming, always greeting us as we passed through the lobby, and the beds were beyond heavenly! I wanted to take that bed home with me! There is paid parking and valet, but we managed to avoid that by finding free parking around the hotel, since we didn't mind walking a bit. It's close to downtown, and there's a coffee shop underneath the apartment building right next door. We had a view of Downtown Dallas and our view was right along Lamar, so there was a bit of road noise, but that didn't really bother us. Also, the hotel is LEED Certified Gold, so it's a very environmentally friendly hotel, which I really admire. We've stayed at several boutique hotels in Downtown Dallas, and this one is at the top of our list.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Check in was nice and easy, got the king room which we booked. The hotel is a boutique style place and has gorgeous furniture and artwork everywhere, the rooms are an industrial type look but it works. The bathroom has a big shower and separate toilet. No fridge or microwave in the rooms, just a coffee machine.

The first night we were there we had to move rooms as the people in the room next to us were making love and we could hear EVERYTHING! It was disgusting and I called to be moved, the reception called them 2 times to be quiet but that just made it worse. It isn't the hotels fault but just to let you know the walls are VERY THIN!!! We moved rooms and it wasn't to bad after that. I also had cockroaches crawling around so my hubby had to get rid of them as I hate them!

The one complaint I do have is the roof top pool area, my husband, mother and my aunty went up for a drink after checking in and the staff were to busy socialising with the cooler crowd in the pool. I ordered some chips and that took over an hour to get to me!! I had to ask 2 times what's taking so long and then when I asked the 2nd time the girl said they forgot to put the order in the first time. I wasn't happy at all. Other guests at the hotel had similar experience so the management really need to train their staff in customer service.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so you will need a car or you can walk to the train station if you need to get anywhere. There is a nice little restaurant across the road but that's it.

I probably wouldn't stay here again. If you are into staying up late and partying then I would recommend this hotel, but if you want something nice and quiet then this isn't the place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lalita8888
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Amazing rooftop pool, great view of the downtown Dallas skyline. Rooms were equally great -- eclectically decorated and beds are SO comfortable. The food from the restaurant downstairs was really delicious for all meals. The location, however, was disappointing. We stayed 3 nights and couldn't walk anywhere 1. Because its not close to anything and the walk to downtown is scary and 2. Because the area itself is a little dicey. The pool is what really made the weekend a great experience.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend, started off rocky when Tia at front desk was a little rude with my inquiry about early check in, which I was told wouldn't be a problem 3 times before so my bride to be could get ready, Tia eventually got alot nicer when I pushed a little, we checked in at 1 which was perfect, Rooms was nice and industrial, only issue was it takes over an hour to get AC to below 75 degrees, green room im told, it did get cold, just took all night, quiet in room, comfortable bed, Biggest downfall was no room service, no vending machine of any kind and no fridge in room, for $320 a night that should be addressed, Rooftop is AMAZING, best views of the city around, Overall not bad, but get a vending machine or room service, common at most high end hotels in Dallas.