“Fabulous food”

Ranked #40 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, TX
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I didn't stay at the hotel, although I did to her the rooms, but I ate there, and I have to say that the food is extraordinarily good! Because the hotel isn't very large my expectations were pretty low. But everything I was served was exceptional. Prices were extremely reasonable and service was very good. The rooftop is a really fun place, With extraordinary views of Dallas the new bridge and the Trinity River basin. I would go here again just to eat!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank larryecollins
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your visit to Terrace Bistro and SODA Bar. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel while dinning with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Trent Yoder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was the first time we visited the NYLO and I must say that I was not disappointed. From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted with a warm welcome and smiling faces. The ambiance of the NYLO Dallas is amazing and the décor is unique and very inviting. The concierge took care of all the accommodations requested prior to our arrival and made walking into the room a wow moment. The loft style design reminds me of New York City living and it felt just like home. The rooftop bar and pool are is an absolute plus to staying at the NYLO and you won't forget the wonderful view of the skyline. Needless to say the hotel is a must stay and when we revisit Dallas we are sure to stay at the NYLO.

Jaklice showed us a true example of what customer service should be. He was very helpful and even provided us with suggestions for things to do in town. Jaklice went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was pleasant and enjoyable. Thanks. Also, Lawrence was very helpful when we checked in and departed.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get a great stay!!! Loved it!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mae0333
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to share them with us on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to read that your stay was thoroughly enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,
Trent Yoder
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great hotel after a 15hr flight from Australia. The rooms are very industrial and I had a bit of trouble with the heavy bathroom door but it was something different and we enjoyed it. The rooftop bar is great - amazing views! And the bar next door was very good also. I wouldn't stay here if I was looking to spend some time downtown as it is a fair way from the city centre.... but it suited our needs and we had a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AShacko
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Being a NYLO Plano regular, NYLO South Side did not disappoint. We booked a two night stay this past weekend for the Memorial Day Holiday. The location is in a very safe and chic part of Southern Dallas. The parking area was superb, and the grounds are clean and beautifully landscaped. We were kindly greeted at check-in, and received a room on the fifth floor near the elevators. The room was a bit small (single king), but was spotless. The rooftop bar and pool were a great treat, and the view of the Dallas skyline was breathtaking.

Negatives? Food mostly, followed by spotty service.

On arrival we ordered a sandwich and fries, and hummus. The sandwich consisted of white bread, cheese, and ham, smothered in some type of hollandaise sauce? Disgusting. The fries were well undercooked, and the hummus was decent minus the cardboard bread served with it.

A big positive: Eric, the rooftop bartender. He was engaging, and even made us a special cocktail.. a perfect fit for a warm day at the pool.

Breakfast downstairs the following morning was a miss. The food was so-so, but the service was poor.

One thing I wish NYLO had? A gym. It's a boutique hotel, so I understand why there's not one available, but it would have been nice to have.

Overall this is an excellent hotel with great value for the money. My recommendation would be stay here, just don't eat here. The food here is a big miss.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jisten1
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just had a bachelorette weekend and stayed here! It was incredible! The suite was amazing, great location, and wonderful view of downtown! Jakilce helped us with every detail helping us get cabs and even reservations at restaurants that didn't take reservations! It was wonderful! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was in town for a conference and had an amazing stay at the NYLO South Side. The vibe is very cool and chic. Honestly, I probably would have felt like the hotel was too cool for me but the staff was amazing and made me feel so comfortable. Lawrence at the front desk oozed professionalism and Darrique, a manager, was fantastic shuttling guests around the city.

The room was well appointed, with a large bed and a huge window that got great light. Honestly, the only thing I would have changed about the room was a bathtub instead of the shower.

Common areas are beautiful. I ate breakfast at the hotel one morning and my french toast was delicious. The rooftop bar and pool is amazing- go up there just to read a book and enjoy the Dallas skyline.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Erika T
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

NYLO Dallas South Side has such great energy... from the eclectic lobby, to comfortable rooms, to SODA Bar and its amazing rooftop view... you'll feel like you just stepped off a tour bus. Finally a place with staff that get it! You'll engage with understanding and caring folks who know the area, and go above and beyond to do the little things that will make your stay better. After a brief stay here for business in the area, I'm definitely a fan. From now on when I'm looking for a place to stay when traveling (professionally or personally), I'll look to NYLO first!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business