“Exceptional Accomodations”

Ranked #43 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Arriving in Dallas after 3:00 a.m. due to a very lengthy flight delay, I encountered an error with a reservation at the Magnolia Hotel which the concierge blamed on their central telephone service. The Magnolia concierge made one failed phone call to find another hotel and was more concerned with the support team working on a tech upgrade. I was sent into a cab to find lodging in an unknown downtown Dallas. A kind and reassuring driver from Cowboy Cab walked me into hotels and promised to assist in securing safe lodging. A considerate concierge at Aloft found a vacancy at NYLO. At 4:00 a.m., Christopher at the NYLO Hotel greeted me with kindness and consideration that was truly exceptional. I was provided a new, architecturally designed suite that was incredibly comfortable and welcoming. The hotel is conveniently located to downtown venues. The architectural design pays homage to the historic building with details revealing a historic past and an overlay of thoughtful design that is fresh and innovative. Past and present merge to create a perfect hotel room! Original works of artists are displayed in the rooms, and the furniture and lighting is well designed. The restaurant offers a delectable menu with fresh ingredients, and the chef readily accomodates dietary needs. I highly recommend the NYLO. The staff will go the extra distance to make your stay perfect, and the room designs are inspired fun!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you had a delightful stay at NYLO Dallas South Side!

I am also pleased that you found Christopher at the Front Desk outstanding. I have shared your kudos to the team!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Staff was friendly, drinks were good!! The bistro burger was delicious and along with the fried rock shrimp. The ambience is cool, funky with an amazing view of downtown Dallas. In the lobby they were playing live jazz music. Went for drinks after work, the bartender recommended drinks and appetizers for us because it was our first time there. The recommendations were tasty.

• Stayed: November 2012
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hi Texan4L1fe,

Thank you for your amazing feedback and for taking the time to share them with us on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at NYLO Dallas South Side from the live jazz to the tasty bites and drinks from Terrace Bistro & SODA Bar!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is an very cool, modern hotel. When we booked it we were not to sure due to it being fairly new and little review or pictures of it. It was a great place to stay. The bed was very comfortable, the whole hotel was very modern and fun. The rooftop pool and bar is excellent for romantic evening or just hanging out at. The staff is great, There are three NYLOs in the Dallas area and we only live a few hours away so we will be going back just to try out the other two. It is worth the money. We have stayed in many many hotels of all ranges and star rating and this one will stand out above the rest over some of the much higher rated and priced. If your looking for a fun, hip, up to date hotel for a great getaway that that special someone this is worth checking out.

Room Tip: We picked the NYLO king deluxe just because we wanted a little more space and great skyline view. it...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeremywalpole

Jeremywalpole,

Thank you for choosing NYLO to host your 10 Year Anniversary! We are very thrilled to hear that your stay was wonderfully delightful from the NYLO King DLUX to the skyline views of downtown at the SODA Bar & Roof top pool.

Please let us know when you're ready to escape to NYLO again and we will create another signature NYLO experience for you!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

In major cities I always try to stay in boutique hotels and this is one of the best I have experienced, for a very reasonable price. The historic building is fabulously decorated with Hollywood glitz and the staff was superb. Derrick took great pains to make sure we were taken care of. Had an lunch amazing lunch downstairs and then, after a day of fun, thoroughly enjoyed our rooms, with exquisite bedding. Conveniently located next to a Dart station to travel Dallas, or very easy parking in front of Hotel. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to others and will surely return. It would be a great place for a wedding party to stay and congregate in the lovely lobby with tons of seating. Also, the rooftop view both day and night is awesome! The rooms are spacious and the Hotel has done an awesome job of retaining it's historic warehouse feel with exposed brick and wood. We are local and were on a girls trip and could not have been more pleased with our choice. The uniqueness and novelty made it so special!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor if you are traveling on a weekend night, or bring earplugs as the partying from...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Good Day Carolyn N.,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you had a delightful visit to NYLO Dallas South Side! I am also pleased that you found the NYLO team outstanding. I will definitely share your kudos to Darrique and our associates.

Please touch base when you are ready to escape for another amazing girls night out, as I will have my staff create a signature NYLO experience for you!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Booked the Nylo Dallas South side a week before a major conference. Got a great rate and was worried that I could get a hotel so close to the convention center at such a good rate and only days before the beginning of the meeting. This is one of the better boutique hotels I've stayed in anywhere at any price. Staff was excellent all around! The lobby well appointed and had live music. Rooms are well furnished and loved the exposed brick and high ceilings. The rooftop bar was the highlight with the best view of Downtown Dallas. If I had known previous, I would have booked the entire bar for private event. My only request is that they increase the food menu available up here as it would be the perfect place to enjoy eats and drinks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Michael S.,

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed visiting NYLO Dallas South Side. I am also happy to read that your recent stay at the hotel was thoroughly pleasurable from your guest room to your delightful experience at SODA Bar.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a jem, great looking old building moves to exciting fun lobby to the best place to have a drink in all Dallas. My wife kissed me when the elevator doors opened to a view of Dallas unseen by most. Staff great, lobby wow, room great( mix of historical building and 4 seasons comfort bed), roof top bar, over the top( pun intended). I did not talk about the main floor restaurant, if you order the steak frites, you will be very happy unless your vegan, my wife's soup and salad was in the great range. High recommendation, for a brand new place they really have there stuff together.

Room Tip: We had a room facing downtown, the view was great but better view from roof Toby bar. I liked the ho...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Papajack007
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Papajack007,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! I am happy to hear that you and your wife had an ejoyable time at Terrace Bistro & SODA Bar during your stay at NYLO Dallas South Side! We can't be more pleased to have a great team that truly values our service culture.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and please touch base if you should ever need future service.

Maegan Smith

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My friends and I had a bad first experience for a bachlorette party we had planned for our best friend. The general manager contacted us to invite us back to have a completely different experience. We were so happy for everything that was done to completely make this visit amazing. It was the complete opposite of our last visit. The reserved parking and NYLO teddy bears were very nice and we all appreciated it. Also the champagne was perfect for Sarah's last night before she walked down the aisle. We had a great time and thanks again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings Liza A,

We are so thrilled to have you back at the hotel. I am also happy to read that your recent stay at the hotel was thoroughly pleasurable.

We hope to see you again in the near future and as always please touch base when you are ready to plan another escape!

Maegan Smith