“Ancient Bibles on temporary exhibit are lovely!”

Museum of Biblical Art
Ranked #37 of 255 things to do in Dallas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

How wonderful to have the museum open again! Took my husband for the first time and we were so happy to get to the see collection of ancient Bibles on display. Well worth your time to go see these beautiful works of art. I found it almost shocking to see that some of these had references by the scriptures, like we do in our Study Bibles today.

5  Thank Karen S
"worship"
"figures"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Before I visited, I wondered why it was ranked number 8 by TripAdvisor, but was not even mentioned in my AAA book. The staff was very friendly and the parking is great. I did also enjoy the King James Bible exhibit, but it is a temporary one. It seemed that many of the paintings are 21st century works. Perhaps I was looking for works from masters like Durer, Cranach, Raphael, Michelangelo, and other famous painters. It was interesting, and there was one room filled with older art, however I believe that the ratings here are inflated. You will find more classical pieces of Christian art in the Dallas Museum of Art. The museum could use a very wealthy benefactor to help it become worthy of its name.

3  Thank TexasPF
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We go whenever a new exhibit is in town. Viewed the Resurrection mural. Absolutely spell - binding! Brilliant!

1  Thank jaishree469
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Took my mom and sister here and they were really impressed and enjoyed this museum a lot!

1  Thank jandpthomas