All reviews the concierge lounge pearl street office complex corner bakery arts district klyde warren park business traveler dart station gold member spent nights great business very nice hotel junior suite valet parking lobby bar front desk staff hotel restaurant
Reviewed August 28, 2018

The hotel is great - I have been staying in Dallas, ea week, for a few months - and have tried a few hotels. Hands down the best reason to stay here is for Kelley & Alyssa in the Concierge lounge - they go out of their way to provide guests with an outstanding experience. Seriously, if GM's of other hotels knew this - they would poach them! Whatever the GM is doing to keep them is worth it....and he better keep it up!!! The guest rooms are getting renovated, I have had new rooms here and they are very tastefully done. But, like I said the lounge is the bomb - and the staff that run it....A1

Room Tip: Go to high floors until renovations are done
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Management_Team_365, Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear cjgofish,

Welcome to the Marriott family! It has been a joy to welcome you and it was a real treat to find your review. While our M Club Lounge is noted to be one of the most expansive in the U.S., we have long believed that it is the gracious hospitality provided by our Marriott Hosts which brings guests back time and again. We have shared and celebrated your kind words with Kelley and Alyssa, and on behalf of all of us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the weeks ahead, and maybe one day, for your own Dallas weekend retreat. If we can assist in confirming your next visit, we invite you to be in touch, and until then, we thank you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights recently and asked for a quiet room. So I was put at the end of the corridor. The room was huge. However it was extremely dark with limited lighting. Bathroom was a good size but my toiletries were never refreshed during my 4 night stay, so each day I had to call down to get more.
There was construction in the room above me which started at 7am. Even though the reception said it didn’t start until 9am. Then I had an extremely loud couple next door who argued most nights until 2am. The walls were paper thin, so it felt I was in the room during their arguments. Whilst I know this is not the problem of the hotel, I called reception multiple times to ask them to do something about this and nothing happened. Whilst we are very loyal Gold Marriott members, we won’t stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Management_Team_365, Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Dear Travellover6128,

Greetings from Dallas. It was a pleasure to host you and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback. Our team at the hotel places great value in guest reviews as they allow us a glimpse of what our travelers most love and how we can elevate the experience even further. We regret to learn that your stay fell short of expectation and we hope you can accept our sincerest of apologies. Our design team is currently working on introducing a reimagined guest room product which we look forward to unveiling in the months ahead. While they are slated to begin work at 9:00 am each day, we apologize if they happened to get an earlier start and if that caused you and trouble. We appreciate your goal was to find a tranquil escape and we regret that a sold out situation prohibited us from offering a change in rooms or alternate solution. We thank you again and on behalf of all of our Marriott Hosts, we ask that you allow us one more chance to win your full adoration the next your travels bring you to Dallas.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We stayed here last week for the Dallas Crimes Against Children Conference. I work in the field and come every year. My husband comes and visits friends in the area while I am at the conference. This year I brought a co-worker as well. Both rooms were booked under my husband as he is the Gold Member. (Of note, Marriott only lets you have one person on the rewards number. We are a 30 year married couple but only he has the reward number.) At check in they told us that only my husband and my room would have concierge lobby access. This is strange as we travel with our children and have never been limited to 2 guests only. On the last night, my husband was with friends so it was me and my co-worker. The GAL at the entrance to the Concierge Lobby who acts as the keeper of the lounge, checked us in and let us go in. When we walked out, and in front of others checking in, she told me that this pass was only for my husband and one guest and if I wanted to bring someone else up I would need to go to the front desk and pay $50.00. I was completely embarrassed and have never been treated this way as a Gold Member. First of all my husband and I travel extensively and have been gold members of over 7 years and have never felt so awkward having to check in with the Concierge level. Our key has always been the pass key to get in. If I didn't have Gold membership I wouldn't have been able to get in. To top it all off, we checked in on the mobile app but our room wasn't assigned till we arrived They had to scramble to find rooms. We had booked 2 KING rooms and One room was 2 double beds and one room was a King Bed handicapped with another double bed next to it. I never requested a handicapped room nor was I asked if that was ok. The next horrible things that happened when you check in late is you get the crappy room by the Elevator that you hear go up and down all night and early morning. We were also under the weight room and heard the banging of the weights early in the morning. Don't let them ever put you in room 1516 period!!! I tried to call to talk to them after arriving home and are still waiting to talk to the manager "Carlos Villinovos" He has my number, would be happy to talk to him if he will ever call. Very Disappointed in our treatment!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in room 1516 the noise from the elevator and the gym is terrible!!
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynn S
Management_Team_365, Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Dear Lynn S,

Warm greetings from Dallas and thank you for joining us year after year. We take great joy in welcoming our Marriott Rewards members though we are sorry to learn that your experience fell short of expectation. We appreciate you taking the time to share details of your visit and on behalf of our entire team, we hope you can accept our sincerest of apologies. Carlos will be reaching out to you today in order to learn more about your time with us and extend a more personal apology. Should you not hear from him by the close of the day, I invite you to reach out to me directly so that I may step in and offer my support. Once more, we thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to one day welcoming you again so that we can offer you an experience more authentic of what we are known to provide.

Don.tomie@marriott.com

Reviewed August 15, 2018

We had a fantastic awards banquet and Samir Nader was the most exceptional banquet manager I've had the pleasure to work with.
Also, the guest room "beautification" updates are fabulous! (I hope the banquet facilities are next on the list for "beautification"!).

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Management_Team_365, Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Dear pattyo26,

As you discovered, Samir and his colleagues take great joy in turning a vision into reality and we are elated to read that you so enjoyed your event. With an abundance of unique meeting and event spaces we have the pleasure in hosting annual conference, corporate meetings, award dinners and more and it warms us to read that Samir and his colleagues helped in creating such a cherished event. We thank you for the added comments regarding our reimagined rooms and we look forward to welcoming you for another event one day soon, or perhaps your own weekend escape. Until then.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening in the M lounge. The food was delicious, Kelley and Alyssa were great hosts with old Texus hospitality. The new renovations also look amazing. Definitely the pick of hotels in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Management_Team_365, Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Greetings Joseph,

Thanks for joining us upstairs! Our M Lounge is one of the largest in the country, and as you discovered, the views go on forever. We appreciate your kind words highlighting Kelley and Alyssa, two shining stars who truly personify Texas hospitality by ensuring everyone feels right at home. Your accolades of our reimagined rooms are most appreciated and on behalf of all of us, we look forward to welcoming you again in the weeks and months ahead.