“Amazing customer service”

Ranked #31 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Calera, Oklahoma
“Amazing customer service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Staff was kind and prompt with my meal and drinks. Very friendly and well organized. I will be coming back soon to experience this amazing and positive atmosphere! I was greeted at the door with smiles. Was asked about my day with genuine sincerity! The manager came to my table to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. I would rate this service a solid 10. Very satisfied with my stay

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel is located in the financial district close to the arts district and the west end restaurants. The west end has some of the best restaurants in Dallas. It also has the dart train stoping right outside the front door, which is very useful for exploring the city.
It's close to the Dallas museum and the Kennedy museum which is a must see.
The rooms are spacious and modern, although the wifi is slow. It costs about $12 a day for the internet and about $15 a day for the super fast but I didn't find much difference between the two. My room overlooked the inner atrium and as such was quite noisy from early morning until early evening. If you can I'd recommend getting a room with a view of Dallas instead, they're not only bigger and brighter, but quieter too.
I found all the staff to be extremely polite and very friendly and helpful from start to finish. Well done to the GM who's trained his team in very good customer care.
My only disappointment was the restaurant menu. It wasn't much more than a bar menu and not what I was expecting from a Marriott hotel. The quality of the food was good, but come on Marriott you can better and should do better! This does not include the breakfast menu and buffet, which was excellent and matched my expectations of a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, they're quieter and not as dark as the inner rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Romanknight
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed one night after flying in, the hotel was ok a bit tired and the snack offerings in the evening in the lounge were a only average. Breakfast was good and the staff very helpful and friendly. You can do better in Dallas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William L
Dallas_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Dallas Marriott City Center. We appreciate your TripAdvisor review and value your important feedback. Our culinary team tries to exceeded customer expecations, and I am sorry this wasn't reflected in your lounge experience. I will share your comments with him. We do hope you stay with us again, if your travels bring you to Dallas.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I had stayed in this hotel on a previous occasion and written a less than perfect review. What a difference!!! Excellent, comfortable room. Attentive and professional staff from the valet, to the bellman, to the restaurant to the front desk. Dinner at Centric was very nice - I ate at the bar. Big kudos to Jimmy the bartender for suggestions on dinner that were as good a promised. Good food and good wine made for a very nice evening. Special thanks to Meredith Innes for making this my most enjoyable hotel stay in a long time. She went the extra mile to make sure I was a satisfied and happy guest. I will definitely be back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on 3/21 and was very happy with this property. Excellent service. I opted for the Americas suite and it was beautiful and reasonably priced. The location is in the financial district so not in a great location to walk to restaurants. I opted to eat there and the service and food was awesome. Tip: get a suite if available. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights on business. Loved the center court with the restaurants and shops (closed on the weekend though). The hotel restaurant, while expensive, has good food and the wait staff was AWESOME. The breakfast buffet has lots of healthy choices and lasted us until dinner most days. Hotel wi-fi is so slow it is not useable. The concierge staff was also very helpful and sent us to some great places.

Stayed March 2014
Dallas_Marriott, Front Office Manager at Dallas Marriott City Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay. I'm thrilled to know that you were able to enjoy the hotel restaurant and I will certainly share your positive thoughts with the wait staff and the concierge. I apologize the internet connection was slow, and I will share these issues with our engineers and internal technology team so that they may address tham accordingly. If there are any other concerns that you have about your stay, please call the hotel directly at 214.979.9000 and ask to speak to a front office manager. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Jonathan Adrian
Front Office Supervisor
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I spent 5 nights here as part of a conference. I particularly liked the room for its contemporary look and very roomy desk on which to work. My 9th floor room overlooked he downtown area. I had good service, before 1pm most days. The hotel is in front of a rather nice Plaza and Downtown Mall which has a small food court (Blimpie, Taco Bell, KFC) although they close early (7pm) but the mall is spacious and airy and provides a very convenient skywalk to the Sheraton and it's meeting rooms.
The bed was above average and the water was very hot. I liked the lobby area with its convenient bar, bar service and restaurant. The hotel does not have an expansive feel to it like other Marriott hotels I have stayed at but the staff members were polite and friendly. My criticism would be that it is a few minutes walk to the "Main Street" area of downtown for restaurants but the streets felt safe and are clean, for the most part. I would recommend this hotel.

Green Features: Marriott strive for environmentally friendly practices so in comparison to other hotels in this price range, I was satisfied.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business