“Oh so comfy!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Granbury, Texas
“Oh so comfy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was SUCH a pleasurable experience to stay at the Dallas Marriott City Center. Although it was selected for wedding guests, it could not have been a better choice! Centrally located, great staff who went above and beyond, spacious room, comfy bed--all of this meant for a great stay. I just wish it could have been longer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Attentive valet and check-in; they were very professional. Marriott housekeeping had my requested items in my room when I arrived. This Marriott is right next to the DART tram (Dallas Transit) and it easy to get around without your own vehicle. This is an excellent location to stay for the Dallas Symphony, AT&T performing arts center, etc. but you can also easily get to museums and other places via DART. I had an excellent breakfast at the Marriott.... my server took time to give me a map and highlighted things for me that I asked her about... this was very helpful.. sort of like insider info. The Gym on the 16th floor is spacious with treadmills, bikes and elliptical machines. The weight training equipment is virtually new and in excellent condition. The cardio equipment has an LCD TV on each piece. My room was very comfortable, clean and I slept with out any disturbances. Bathroom was very clean and the shower head is excellent. I look forward to staying here again when I visit Dallas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KPJ99
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The marriott is a good clean facility with a courteous and helpful staff. I was in town with a friend for a convention and we had a 2 bed room which was spacious. Price of internet at $13 seems a bit high and I do not know much about Dallas to comment on the location. Room service was very good and honest. There is a Corner Bakery in the premises as well which provided a great spot for grabbing breakfast and lunch when we were around.
While there is a self-park facility, definitely go for the Valet if you will do a lot of in and out as that is cheaper. Self-park is not connected to your room and does not have a flat rate whereas Valet is $22 flat.
Only negative is price of room which we got for $300 but I guess because of convention the rates were high.

2 Thank Ahpal
tulsa, ok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

“Big spacious rooms!!!!”This hotel has big huge rooms. One of the biggest hotel rooms I have stayed they say everything in Texas is big. We checked in for two nights to attend the Cotton Bowl. We were greeted and checked in quickly. We had a good sleep. The Marriott's beds are the comfortable. The concierge desk were so helpful. They also had a good small business center with 2 computer were you can print documents. The location was adjacent convention center with a couple of small retail stores/food court/businesses. We ate at little café The food was reasonable and quick. Overall a really pleasant stay. I would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

As it being the begining of a new year and my new travel budget is out I always find myself having to ask for a little wiggle room and the Marriott City Center with no hesitation delivered once again. I love staying at this hotel the service from front desk, bellman, and most of all the housekeeping team are great. Some remember me by name ask me how my kids are doing just that little extra touch that makes me feel welcomed and always look forward to visiting this hotel.

Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this location for work. The positive: location. The negative: no water pressure, no hot water, valets who dig through my stuff, change the radio station, etc., bar across the street with noise from drunks and expensive sports cars until 4am each night/morning. When I addressed these things with the front desk, he said, "Yeah, man, that bar is loud." I mentioned that perhaps guests should be warned of these things when they make a reservation or check in. He said, "No way, then no one would stay." Additional issues included the construction inside the plaza as well.

I should've slept in my car. It's much more peaceful.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel has big huge rooms. One of the biggest hotel rooms I have stayed they say everything in Texas is big. This is truly the case in terms of room size. We checked in for one night as we were connecting through DFW. We arrived at 12am the night and were greeted and checked in quickly. It was interesting they had our Marriott reward points total on the cover of the door key holder. We had a good sleep. The Marriott's beds are the best. So comfortable. The next day we woke up early we wanted to take a quick tour of the city as our flight was leaving midday. The concierge desk were so helpful they arranged a tour for us. They also had a good small business center with 2 computer were you can print documents. The location was adjacent convention center with a couple of small retail stores/food court/businesses. We ate at little café The food was reasonable and quick. Overall a really pleasant stay. I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple