“3 strikes - Sorry, but I'm outta there” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dallas, Texas
“3 strikes - Sorry, but I'm outta there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I wanted to like this place, and have given it several chance to improve (This was my 3rd time to eat there) but it just steadily gets worse.
The first time, the food was good but the service was lacking. The 2nd time, the food was just okay, and the service was bad. The 3rd time the food was terrible and the service was the worst I have ever had: We couldn't get them to bring us plates or silverware, after our appetizers had arrived. We coudn't get anyone's attention. One member of our party is a vegan, The Tom Ka with Tofu arrived with Chicken, . I had the chef's special, again with tofu, and the tofu wasn't even cooked all the way through. Add to that our long LONG wait for food to arrive...Manager came and apologized, comped our appetizers, but I am done with this place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Tianjin, China
“Could be better with time ....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Went there for lunch and the wait times were way too long. It wasn't very busy, so I don't what the problem was. Probably there for over an hour and a half. The staff was courteous, just very slow to attend. I ordered the Gang Ped (Red Curry) as I do where ever I go. I could not finish it due to the over saltiness of the sauce. I was really disappointed as I love Thai Red Curry. Food presentation was very good and everything looked very delicious. I think they can get their time problems resolved, but unfortunately, I will probably not return.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Irving, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thairrific on Throckmorton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Wonderful food/service/atmosphere/location. Not all that expensive either, just wish the parking was a little closer.

Visited April 2012
Plano, Texas
“Great late night place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

So glad they are open until 4am. Good service and good food. Great place right on the strip.

• Visited April 2012
Farmers Branch
“Thairrific - We've Missed You!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

My partner and I went to the new Thairrific right before going to "A Christmas Carol" (also excellent BTW) and were happy to see them again. We live in Farmers Branch and they were in North Dallas previously. It was our favorite restaurant and we'd always go there for big occassions or if we wanted to pamper ourselves although the prices were great.
We were glad to see not much has changed except for the decor which is stunning but we missed the beautiful murals that Noy created in the North Dallas Location.
I always get a different curry but my favorite is the Gang Karee. That sauce with the rice you just want to close your eyes and savor each bit. Paul gets the same thing everytime and loves it obviously which is the Himapan. I think it would be his "Last Meal Request". The green onions, cashews, and brown sauce really make this dish something to savor. If I didn't love curry so much I'd get that one everytime too.
But if you go you absolutely have to get "Mom's Special" the Stuffed Chicken wings. They are so tasty and that dipping sauce sweet and savory. We may go today after going to church at the Cathedral of Hope for brunch. But today I kow exactly what I'll be getting. It's cold, rainy, and wet....Tom Kha soup is a bowl of heaven and it is calling my name. God I can't wait...

• Visited November 2011