“Awesome time!”

Dallas' Uptown Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 20 Food & Drink in Dallas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fully Guided. Easy Walking. Multi-Stop. Food Tasting Sightseeing Experience. Enjoy amazing food while soaking up Dallas history on our food tasting and cultural walking tours. Come hungry, because on our Uptown Dallas tours our favorite restaurants serve up generous tasting plates. Our food tastings are enough for lunch! In addition to our sit-down restaurant tastings and entertaining Dallas commentary, some of our tours also feature several historic attractions unique to Uptown such as the McKinney Avenue antique trolleys. Uptown Dallas is just one mile north of downtown Dallas, minutes from most hotels and convention center. Tours operate daily. 2.5 to 3.5hr Tours. 5 - 7 minute walk in-between restaurants. We specialize in public tours and private group events. Tours often sell out, advance purchase required.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Irving, Texas, United States
“Awesome time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you're looking for a fun activity in Dallas and you like food + history, look no further. I tried out the Food Tour in uptown last weekend and had a blast. The guides were upbeat and knowledgeable, and the food was delicious. I have 3 new restaurants I have to try out for a full meal. The walking tour that had history of the State Thomas part of Dallas was really neat, as well. The rest of the group was very sociable, so everyone had a really good time. High recommendation!

1 Thank Zachary R
FoodToursUSA, Owner at Food Tours of America, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We're so glad you enjoyed your tour guides, the restaurant tastings, and the State Thomas Historic District with Dallas' largest collection of Victorian homes. We agree that socializing with the other participants can be the best surprise on the tour!

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Food/walking tour - good for both locals and visitors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently did the 3.5 hour food and walking tour - it was great! I had two friends in town who had never been to Dallas and also love trying new food items. It was a great way not only to show them around and feed them, but for me to visit some places I haven't been before. The guides also gave us some fun tidbits about the area. I will definitely do this again!

3 Thank kkeith13
FoodToursUSA, Owner at Food Tours of America, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the tour.
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The only thing to change is nothing!! - Feb. 2, 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This tour is awesome! My wife and I came to Dallas for a surprise birthday weekend celebration and this did not disappoint. The food was excellent and the portions were more than enough, though I would prefer that they have 10 gallon margaritas! It was just the right blend of food, culture and fun. My favorite thing was the the food, the guides, and the fun facts. It was also cool to visit the art gallery as well. The tour last about 3.5 hrs so make sure you have your walking shoes on, a good appetite, and a free afternoon.

On top of the excellent tour, our guide gave us dinner suggestions to great places to eat near our hotel. It truly exceeded my expectations and my wife has not stopped talking about it! great job!

1 Thank chrisco344
FoodToursUSA, Owner at Food Tours of America, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Christopher, we had a such a lovely time with you and your wife and celebrating her birthday weekend! I'm so glad we were able to help with suggestions for the rest of your visit and that you enjoyed your stay in Dallas. And thank you so much for the incredible review! Please stay in touch and let us know when you are back in Dallas. ~Jodi
“Fun day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great opportunity to learn more about places I've been a ton of times, as a Dallas local. Got some great tidbits about the area and tried a couple of restaurants I hadn't experienced plus try a couple of old standards in a new way. A great way to spend a few hours on a weekend. I'd definitely recommend to others!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank SBueno81
echo90, Operations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
We always appreciate "fun day" comments from our local DFW friends! Thank you for joining us. Please come back any time.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Tour on January 13, 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had never been on a food tour where we walked around the historic district of Uptown and ventured into several restaurants. Each restaurant had a different flair and gave you a sampling of the different menu items. It was great and I may never have found some of these restaurants without going on the tour. We also learned a bit about the history of the current Trolley system along McKinney Ave and it was so interesting. Being a Dallasite, I did not realize some of the history of that part of Dallas. It was a very enjoyable afternoon, meeting new people, sampling great food and libations--- even in the cold weather. Go and enjoy!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cynthia C
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy you enjoyed yourselves!