“A great (and filling) way to spend an afternoon”

Food Tours of America
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Dallas' Uptown Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 24 Food & Drink in Dallas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fully Guided. Easy Walking. Multi-Stop. Food Tasting Sightseeing Experience. Enjoy amazing food while soaking up Dallas history on our food tasting and cultural walking tours. Come hungry, because on our Uptown Dallas tours our favorite restaurants serve up generous tasting plates. Our food tastings are enough for lunch! In addition to our sit-down restaurant tastings and entertaining Dallas commentary, some of our tours also feature several historic attractions unique to Uptown such as the McKinney Avenue antique trolleys. Uptown Dallas is just one mile north of downtown Dallas, minutes from most hotels and convention center. City tours operate daily. 2.5 to 4 hr Tours. 5 - 7 minute walk in-between restaurants. We specialize in public tours and private tours. Tours often sell out, advance purchase required.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I went on this food tour this weekend and we had a great time. We have lived in Dallas for 4 years and we've only been to one of the restaurants that was featured on the tour so this is a great idea for visitors and locals alike. We sample food for 6 different restaurants and everything was delicious. We even went to one of the restaurants for a full dinner the next day because we were so impressed. The tour guide was great, informative and friendly. You get a good amount of food for your money, we definitely left feeling VERY full!! I highly recommend this tour to anyone.

A word of advice, it is definitely a WALKING tour so wear comfortable shoes and light clothes (especially in the summer heat). But the tour did a great job of providing water and making stops so it certainly wasn't too strenuous.

All reviews
"peanut butter pie"
in 6 reviews
"walking tour"
in 23 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 14 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 184 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great experience - the tour guide was very knowledgeable and the food was great. We not only got to see some neat architecture and restaurants but we also got to meet some interesting people who joined us on the tour. The Moto Taco fish tacos and Primo fajitas were some of the highlights and the Stand's corn dogs and sweet potato tots were fun and tasty. D'Fratelli's veggie pizza can't go unmentioned - I will have to to there for a full meal.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was my birthday gift. It was much more than I expected. I would definitly recommend to others and I would do it again. The tour guide was great.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Outstanding Sunday morning! Well-educated, friendly, tour guide...Jody! Designed the walking tour to suit us perfectly. Quick tastings, many venues, and fun facts! Totally enjoyed! Would definitely recommend! I was born and raised in Dallas and still learned a lot and tried new restaurants and areas that I wasn't familiar with!

1  Thank threeboys1
See more reviews
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My first time doing something like this. I learned so much, visited places I've never been before and will now go back. The people in our group were very nice. And our tour guide Jennifer did an outstanding job. She was very knowledgeable, friendly and remembered small details about people in the group. I hope Food Tours of America will continue to come up with new ideas. Because I will definitely come back again.

1  Thank sunnyday_Glenn