“What just happened?”

Pecan Lodge
Ranked #9 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Went to Pecan Lodge the day before their move to a new location. I had been looking forward to this for some time. So with wife and baby in tow I head to this place. When I finally get the chance to order. I order 1/2 a pound of sliced brisket and 1/2 pound of ribs with a pint of beans on the side. Man was I surprised when I received my plate. 1 slice of brisket and one rib. I asked them was this right and they told me yes it was weighed. I had to order 2 sliced beef sandwiches which were cheaper with a lot more meat. The brisket is the best I have ever had, burnt ends were incredible. Just didn't like getting screwed out of my money for a single slice of brisket and 1 rib. Very unenjoyable. Worse part is that when I let them know hey I think my order is wrong. They made no effort to fix it.

3  Thank johnnyringo1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,305)

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was looking for a great BBQ joint. Based upon reviews, I selected pecan, and was not impressed.

The BBQ was in my opinion a little too spicy | pepper flavor was too much for me. But, for Those who like spicy, this flavor may sit well for them.

The ambience is very BBQ rustic and clean

I'll keep tasting my way through BBQ joints until I find the right one for me.

FYI - farmers market Pecan location is CLOSED .

Reviewed May 13, 2014

No doubt about it....Pecan Lodge is the best bbq joint in the Big D. They are opening their new restaurant May 23rd@Main&Pryor in Deep Ellum. Currently they have a spot at the Farmer's Market&if you aren't there within 20 minutes of opening....you aint gettin ribs-they'll sell out!! There are obviously several grest spots for bbq...but this is the best hands down.

When at the restaurant give a shout out to the bar manager Craig-my bro-in-law! They'll have Deep Ellum brews, local brewery 4 blocks away, and lots of good options on craft brews.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

As soon as these guys move into their new space, be prepared to get our early and get in line. Pecan Lodge BBQ is one of the best in TX and hands down the best in Dallas. These guys get it and appeal to a broad range of BBQ lovers, from the Beef Ribs, spare ribs, Pulled pork and their BRISKET!! I believe their new location will be in the Deep Ellum District and its worth the drive. Be warned get there early and get there hungry!!

1  Thank ivan P
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Ok so this is my first time to Pecan Lodge after seeing/reading many "have to go" reviews. They open at 11a and I go there about 10:50 and was roughly the 50th person in line. I expected that from the reviews. Had a nice talk with the couple behind me while we waited 1 hour to get our food. Beef ribs, pork ribs, jalepeno sausage, mac n' cheese - all sold out. No problem, I had the brisket and pulled pork with pinto beans. Loved the pulled pork. The brisket was fatty which kept it from being dry. Had to cut off most of the fat but there was plenty within the meat. The fat 'made' the brisket. Yum. Otherwise brisket not that great. I actually like the outer blackened part better than the inner meat. Two sauces, one sweet/thick and the other spicy. I really loved the spicy sauce and it was a perfect complement to both meats. The sweet one one just ok, but probably a personal preference. The beans were not good. Tough and not a good flavor. I'd go back and try to get some ribs and sausage. My rating is a little lower due to the long wait and the location in a market mall which doesn't provide much atmosphere. They are supposed to be moving this year to their own brick and mortar location. I hope they can get some more pits to have more meat available all day.

1  Thank Scott M

Been to Pecan Lodge? Share your experiences!