“Run by kids”

McKinney, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Run by kids”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were attending a birthday party and everything was fine until some older children began rough play in the basketball hoops area. A wild ball hit a party guest in the face who was seated at one of the picnic party tables. There was not an employee in that area and when we looked around, there were 3 teen employees relaxing at the snack bar. When asked why no one was supervising that area, they said that was not their area. When asked where the manager was, they directed us to the lobby. When we went to the lobby, we were told she was in the back. She never came out to see what had happened. We caught her when we were leaving and she told us she would check the cameras to see what happened and who was supposed to be supervising. You are the manager and you don't know who is assigned for that area? They have rules posted everywhere but they don't uphold their responsibility for safety. There are other trampoline parks in the area that are run much better and safely. Take you business to them...not Cosmic Jump.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Lucy H

ndp79
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fun for the kids”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We brought some of our baseball team & families here to burn energy & get em out of the hotel room. We bought the two hour pass & the kids all had a blast. I wasn't too comfy at the picnic tables, but the place was a great babysitter for a couple hours. They really enjoyed the basketball trampoline area. They had air hockey, ping pong & other arcade games along with a snack bar. The sisters practiced their gymnastics skills.

There was a big day camp group there for our first hour & it was really crowded. That made it hard to keep an eye on our 8 kids. Once the big group left it was really nice to be able to let ours run loose. One hour wouldn't have been enough.

Dallas, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great place!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We had my son's birthday party here and everyone had a great time! It's fun for all ages, even the really big kids.

2 Thank MEVV
dallas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“WARNING-PLACE FOR KIDS RUN BY KIDS”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had an opportunity to visit your location in Allen for the first time. Our family was excited to enjoy your facility. Unfortunately what should have been a great family night turned into a disappointment.

The kids responsible for watching and managing the rules that you have so carefully outlined were not doing their job. I sat and watched such a lack of caring and understanding for their job and the safety of the kids you allow to play in your facility. As I looked around there were only 2 parents in the whole facility at 9pm on Saturday, Us and another mother.

Our sons decided to play dodge ball and what should have been a fun game turned into a disaster. I watched as kids pummeled the ball at my sons head consistently, while the kid who was responsible just sat and did nothing. I finally had, had enough and got up and told the kids to stop. I proceeded to outline the rules that were clearly printed to the kid who was suppose to be responsible. He decided to inform me that, that was how the game was played. I told him to do his job and told the kids to settle down. Not three minutes later they threw the ball at my child's head again with sister telling them to stop and he ended up with a bloody face. We explained to the boy again, that that is why rules are in place. Your "manager" for the night was in the back and although she tried to make it right, that situation should have never escalated to that point had you had a manager who was paying attention to what was going on, you had hired responsible people who took the rules seriously and the facility had people running it who had control. I would even venture to guess that employed there on Saturday night no one working was over the age of 20. You have a facility for kids runned by kids. The trash talking and language is so out of control by the kids there and again with no supervision the rules that are so carefully outlined are blatantly disregarded by the people coming to your facility and your staff who should be enforcing them.

What an amazingly disappointing experience and although I am sure I will not receive a response from the owner of this facility I will make sure that I tell everyone, and post on every social media outlet the poorly run and supervised facility that you have.

Visited September 2013
24 Thank rhawaii
Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Weeknights great for younger children”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've been to Cosmic Jump for several birthday parties on the weekend, but our favorite time to go is between 6-8pm on Monday thru Thursday. Usually there are only a few people there, so it's much easier to keep an eye on the younger kids. My 5yr old daughter loves it there, and they have WiFi so I can actually get some work done! Only complaint my kid had was when there was no one to play with. This usually only happened on school nights. Has not been an issue in the summer. Best resolution was to just bring a friend along to play with.

If you want to eat, order a pizza (or slices) when you get there. Sometimes they have some made, but in my opinion, it's not good if not fresh out of the oven. Real pizza buffs would say it's not good at all, but then this is a trampoline place not a pizza parlor!

Visited June 2013