“Service and Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
NYC
“Service and Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Josh Goad - best concierge/bellman ever. Helped unpack and pack a Suburban for 5 days straight. Couldnt have been more friendly.

Loved the hot tamales --- EVERYWHERE.

Had a great balcony but was overlooking the pool which was a quite noisy at night -- if i were to stay again I would request not to look right over the pool on weekends.

Staff was super helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TMS242
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
TMS242 in NYC!

Thank you for the review! I am very pleased to read that Josh provided excellent service to you during your visit at ZaZa! I will definitely commend him for a job well done.Those Hot Tamales are delish; I am happy you like the treat!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, and every staff member went out of their way to be accommodating and helpful. The room was really large for a standard room and I liked that they windows actually opened. We stayed on the back side, room 429 which was nice and quiet. I imagine the rooms facing the front would be quite loud with the bar crowd on weekend nights. The butler service with coffee and tea in the morning on each floor and the afternoon cookies and ice tea in the lobby were nice touches. My only compliant regarding the hotel is if you're looking to relax by the pool on a Sunday afternoon, it's much like the nightly bar scene with loud music and the "bottle service" crowd.

The spa was disappointing - very small locker room with one wet sauna, no dry sauna or jacuzzi and only one shower. Small relaxation room, only large enough for 4 people and if the two lounges are taken you're sitting in straightback chairs at a little table - not my idea of relaxing.

My massage was great, facial only average. What was disappointing was the automatic addition of a 20% gratuity. I thought the word "gratuity" means this is optional, at the client's discretion if they feel the service was over and above. I tried discussing with the spa desk staff and she said this was a standard "service charge" much like in the restaurant. (Not sure what she was talking about there as the restaurant did not charge a service charge the three times I ate there.) If 20% is added automatically this should be included in rates, or at least disclosed on the website rate sheet, which it is not.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room request the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bll97
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
bll97,

Thank you for the review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel ZaZa! The Butler's Pantry is a big hit with guests; I am glad you enjoyed the delightful service!

In regards to your spa experience, I sincerely apologize for your less than stellar visit. ZaSpa is typically a very inviting oasis! Please touch base with me, as I would like to gather more details concerning your experience.
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is the perfect place to be somebody and nobody. They always treat you as if you're a friend coming over for dinner at the front desk and they mean it. Someone is doing something right at ZaZa and I pray they keep it up. The location is central to everything in Dallas and you can jump on the Toll Road and be as far north as you need in 15 minutes. The rooms are spacious and some have bath tubs, a must for my wife. The valet parking staff is superior to any I've ever experienced and don't make you feel like you need to give them $5 every time you get in your car, it's paid for and they know it and they're excellent. Best of all, they have a CAR and Driver to take you to places in the area so a couple of glasses of red is not too much.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bath tub or, if you're feeling adventurous, get one of the theme rooms, very c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David G
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
David G!

Thank you for the review! I am very pleased that you feel the love at every ZaZa visit! We understand how important the little touches are to our guests. The Magic Carpet Ride is one of the many gems of the Z; I am glad you found the complimentary shuttle service enjoyable!

Please touch base when your travels return you to the Big D, as I would love to create a signature experience for you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Business trips can be tiring and very busy so in order to mitigate that, I arranged to get a room at the Hotel Zaza Dallas to enjoy some me time, especially since the conference I was attending was a hectic go,go,go type. I am so happy that I did for even though I was there only one night, everyone was so friendly and accommodating. My biggest surprise was that the suite that I was upgraded to was aptly named - The "Escape. It was large but not impersonal, two huge bathrooms with walk-in showers and one wonderful tub that I took advantage of and soaked my cares away while listening to some great music on my ipad. The bed was so comfy with great fluffy pillows which made me sleep like a baby. In the morning, the convenience of the butler pantry (why have other hotels not adapted this?) was quick and hit the spot for getting coffee in a hurry while getting ready to start another busy day. The convenience of having the luxurious robe was a plus. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all business travelers as well as to any busy lady traveler. They do live to up their logo: they love ya at Zaza and make you feel special. Thank you for my "escape" from the ordinary.

Room Tip: If you can, do upgrade to a suite - you will feel like royalty.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lsaw196
Isaw196!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased to read that your z-scape at ZaZa was thoroughly enjoyable! The Z team definitely knows how to provide guests with a signature experience. Please touch base when your travels return you to the Big D, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is nice! Very modern vibe! Staff is great! The rooms are a bit odd due to their rectangular layout but the beds are very comfortable. I haven't stayed in a hotel styled like this before. It's not bad at all but I won't go back due to feeling I'm not the right fit for ZaZa. I'm thinking its best for the below 40 crowd but who knows? While I was there I noticed the people staying there seemed to be younger and much more hip than me. I'm 48 and consider myself hip but age appropriate hip. Haha. The bar is VERY busy. Probably a great place for singles meet and greet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank hanksmom
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited Hotel ZaZa and stayed just one night. All the staff was incredible - the concierge, Josh, was extremely helpful to us and while we don't typically stay in "nice" hotels his service might have spoiled us. He knew our names and any time we had a slight issue, he acted like it was his sole purpose in life to make it right. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Whitlow H!

I wish we had nothing but Whitlow H's for customers! Your comments are so heartwarming regarding Josh's commitment to excellence! As I preach to the team on a daily basis, strive for perfection! However, if we fall short in a customer's eyes, do whatever we can to make them feel perfect after the next attempt!

I am so excited to read reviews like yours! Goose bumps! Thanks again for your kind words!

Matthew Nuss
Executive Vice President
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the most amazing hotel ever... I had an event there and booked a room for my son to stay with me while I worked. Not only was the venue perfect for the event, but the room and the service was spectacular.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
cmarier!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am pleased that you had an amazing time at an event held at Hotel ZaZa! Come back soon for a delightfully delicious experience at the Dragonfly or indulge in the serene world of ZaSpa. We love ya at ZaZa!