“Another excellent stay at Zaza”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #2 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed two nights while visiting for business. The stay only cemented Zaza as my favorite Dallas hotel. The check-in was quick and friendly. The room was good-sized, clean, and had good lighting and workspace. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Bathroom was clean, large, and luxurious, with nice towels, excellent lighting, nice flooring and counter. Housekeeping service was thorough and did the little things, like tidying up my toothpaste tube and the like and making the bed with the extra blanket that I had used for the first night. The gym was pretty good sized and the treadmill worked smoothly and had a nice TV. Doormen were quick with friendly greetings, directions, and cab set up. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I do think the very dim hallway lighting at night is more creepy than cool.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

EastBayTraveler!

Favorite Dallas hotel! LOVE IT! Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your two-night stay at Hotel ZaZa! The Z team aims to provide guests with a memorable, eclectic experience. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Shagadelic Suite for 3 nights & had a blast! Room was fantastic, spa services were amazing (best massage & body wrap - spa staff were super friendly & professional), complimentary town car shuttle services were great to duck in & out of town in (@ any time you needed) & the quality of food at both the on-site restaurant & via room service was of a high standard.
Booked here for some R&R between South American tours & this funky hotel did not disappoint - would defo stay here again... Highly recommended for those who like to stay in luxury "off the wall/arthouse-esque" boutique hotels. A+++++

• Stayed: January 2013

HopeTaylor80!

Thank you for the fanastic review! I am pleased your experience in the Shagadelic Concept Suite at Hotel ZaZa was simply wonderful. I am also glad you enjoyed ZaSpa, Dragonfly & the complimentary Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service! Touch base when your travels return you to the Big D, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at the ZaZa on business. The place is a bit pricey, but "what a place". From the moment of check in, we were treated with respect from every employee. Located in the Uptown area of Dallas, you are walking distance to several great restaurants and bars. If you need to travel any further, the ZaZa valets will shuttle you in either their sweet Black and White, or the Steer Horned Yukon XL. The rooms are large and comfortable with a great ambiance, this is a very unique hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerry C

Gerry C!

Thank you for the terrific feedback! I am glad your three nights at ZaZa recently were filled with great ambiance & friendly service! Come back soon for another z-mazing visit! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a wonderful time during my stay at ZaZa. The staff was remarkably helpful. They made me feel like a mix between a dignitary and a Rock Star. The kids driving the trucks were polite, professional and down-to-earth. Even the guys cleaining the place were super nice and polite. I'm not sure if it's a Texas thing or what... but if ZaZa has bottled that hospitality, then good on them. Concierges were also equally down to earth and executed their responsibilities with the appropriate mix of humility and dignity. In particular, I had forgotten a Sport Coat and had reservations to dinner where it would be required... I asked on a whim to the kid parking cars who referred me to Alfonza Scott who was the evening's concierge. He literally went into the back and gave me a spare coat he must have left in his locker... I mean c'mon! Who does that... pretty much the shirt of his back... that's why he get's called out for exceptional service here on the internet.

I also would (just to be clever) unhook a buckle on the furniture on my floor every morning on my way to work... and wouldn't you know it... every afternoon it was rehooked.... Pretty funny. I wonder how annoying that must have been for the staff... such a small thing... but it is a testimony to the attention to detail that comes along with superior customer service.

I felt like I made some friends... certainly the bar was ridiculous on Friday Night... I mean it was jammed packed with beautiful women... I'm not kidding... I'm from New York City, so I get the whole hipster cute look thing... but it was like being in SOHO, during Fashion week, whilst kicking it with Leonardo Di Caprio and Robert Deniro... too funny.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Raymond!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you found the hospitality at Hotel ZaZa down to earth and exquisite! The Z team rocks. Please touch base when your travels return you to the Big D, as I will have my team roll out the reddest or red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

From check in until check out, the Hotel ZaZa will not disappoint. The ZaZa is positioned in the heart of Uptown and within walking distance to numerous shops, restaurants and bars/grills. The rooms are comfortable and roomy, even for a hotel room. The service and amenities are impeccable.

Stay ZaZa for a great weekend retreat and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Sanders1700!

Thank you for the five star feedback! I am happy you found the atmosphere & amenities of Hotel ZaZa delightful. We aim to provide our guests with an eclectic experience. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Zaza is a great place to hang out any day of the week. Excellent service, beautiful interior and good food. What truly makes this place one of my favorites is Jason. He is the best bartender I have ever met. Stop by and check it out and you will definately know what I am talking about.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Lulu201300!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am glad you enjoy the ZaZa atmosphere. Jason will definitely be commended for his superb service to you! Come on back soon for another za-tastic experience! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I have birthdays that are literally one day apart, so we had a "birthday weekend" at the beginning of January. We decided to get a room at Hotel Zaza to celebrate, because he'd heard all kinds of fun things about it and we wanted to give it a try.

Overall, the staff were incredible. The service was outstanding. The atmosphere of the place is fun and unique and definitely on the 'funky elegant' side of life. And when I told the front desk it was my boyfriend's birthday the day we checked in, they immediately sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I can't rave enough about the staff. Everyone from the valets to the front desk staff to the bar tenders at 'Dragonfly' were clearly going out of their way to make their guests feel pampered and special.

However, I was disappointed by the reality that the room itself (one of their themed suites, in fact) felt a bit worse for wear. There were literally holes in the drapes, the drapes were hard to open because they kept jamming and getting stuck on the track, the bed was held up on cheap plastic stilts that left it feeling a bit unsteady, and we literally ended up getting under the bed and removing them for sleep. And while the room itself had a terrace, it didn't really have a view of any kind. I felt like the price was a bit much for the state of the room and the lack of a view, and on top of that I had to pay upwards of $25.00 a night extra for parking the car. So my only complaint is I don't feel like the cost per night (once you add up all the costs of the room, taxes, and parking) accurately reflected the 'product' that was the room we were in. I've stayed in other hotels that are far cheaper per night with better views and rooms that are in far better condition.

'Dragonfly' was a nice place to go at the end of the night, but I wouldn't necessarily classify it as a club if you're wanting a place to really go get your party on. It's more of a lounge atmosphere. Fabulous for talking with friends in a classy setting, and I loved how they covered the pool and heated the entire area since it's winter and freezing outside at night...but I wouldn't necessarily classify it as one of the more 'hopping' clubs. Still, Zaza is within walking distance (or a short van ride) of several great Uptown bars and clubs if you're wanting a change of pace. And my boyfriend and I still thoroughly enjoyed ending our evening at 'Dragonfly' before heading back up to our room for bed.

Overall it was a very nice experience. Was it 'amazing'? Not necessarily, but it was 'fun'. The most disappointing part of it all for me, honestly, was the room itself.

Room Tip: The rooms with terraces have a bit more outside 'noise'; not necessarily a deal breaker, but...