“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #3 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Hawkins, TX
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I am not typically a review writer but Hotel ZaZa went above and beyond for me. This place is gorgeous and is in a prime spot! We received excellent service from everyone we encountered during our stay. We were even upgraded to a balcony room! We had a noise issue due to a corporate Christmas party and instead of going straight to the Internet and writing a bad review we contacted them directly. They took the matter very seriously and made sure I was happy. Things happen that we are not always happy with but it is how the matter is handled that really speaks highly to me. I felt my matter was top priority and that is awesome. I will definitely be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Wright-Built!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased that the Z team swiftly rectified the noise issue during your visit. Guest satisfaction is a top priority at Hotel ZaZa!

As for the location, Uptown Dallas is definitely a lovely area! I am glad you found the property gorgeous!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I came to the Hotel Zaza with a friend of mine in hopes of a nice evening / night away from my children at home. Being six months pregnant with twins, exhausted and needing rest, we chose this hotel for me to catch up on sleep. That was a BIG mistake!! When greeted at the hotel I was told twice about the bar being open and they were serving cocktails at this time. (I'm largely pregnant). Come dinner time my friend and I had planned to eat in the 'award winning restaurant '. To our surprise it was full of women in cocktail dresses and tall heels and men in suits getting wasted, overly crowed and no room to walk in the doors. So we went else where for dinner. Fast fwd to bed time... I finally crawl into bed at 10:30, slowly fall asleep. I am awakened at 11:30 to load engines outside, people talking loudly, valet workers screaming across the way and music. Little did I realize my room was over the drive thru to the parking garage, my room faced the courtyard and the hotel turns into a night club!!! From 1130-400 I laid in bed listening to the same manner of screaming from valet, cars beneath my room, WAY to loud music and the group of men that gathered in the hall And into the room with adjoining door to my room that laughing and talked loudly all night. It was the most miserable sleep I have received in a long while! I was better off at home getting little sleep, at least I get some. I walked away with less then 4 hours sleep! The manager dis apologize and gave me 100 zaza bucks, however the two beauty products I purchased don't make up for the 300 spent on a room to sleep and relax in. Money and night wasted and ruined.

And to comment on the horrible pictures throughout the hotel, just be ready to be disgusted.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank kaylagid
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
kaylagid,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue you encountered during your getaway night at Hotel ZaZa. Such an occurrence is not the standard at the hotel, and I will definitely speak with the appropriate departments regarding why the ball was dropped; the issues will be rectified immediately. Please contact me regarding your experience, as I would like to gather more details concerning your visit to the hotel - MNuss@hotelzaza.com.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here on a recent business trip. After staying the previous leg at a sterile, bland Marriott, the ZaZa was awesome. Every detail is stylish, from the driveway to the landscaping to the dress code of the staff to the decor. Service was good on all fronts. The room was very comfortable and very large. Great bed. Temperature control was easy to use. The bar is a local hangout of the well dressed set. I went in for a cocktail in jeans and was quite under dressed. Lots of pretty people in the bar, and it was pricey. It had kind of a club vibe.

I had breakfast in the bar, and it was terrific, and more reasonably priced then the cocktails the night before.

It's not a big deal, but I did not like the fact that the room was like a convenience store. There was a CD sitting on the nightstand for sale, a mini bar with a basket of goodies for sale, and even hair care products on display and for sale in the bathroom. Enough. I get it. You want as much of my money as you can get. There was also an iron but no ironing board, unless I missed it.

But I will stay here the next time I am in Dallas. But I am going to lose weight and buy some cooler clothes first.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
bagoda1!

Thanks for the review! I am pleased your visit to Hotel ZaZa was terrific! The Dragonfly is a wonderful spot to enjoy a fantastic drink or delish breakfast. Touch base when your travels return you to the Big D, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the Hotel ZaZa for one night while on business. I travel a bit and found this hotel to exceed my expectations. From the hotel lobby elegance to the fabulous photography on the wall, I found this hotel to be a wonderful boutique hotel which allowed me to believe customer service is not dead!

The room was a suite with an awesome bathroom! When I came back from dinner, my bed was turned down. There were chocolates waiting for me with a lite candle next to my bed. The elegance is there, but these folks have also have a sense of humor. Their Do Not Disturb says, "Go away, I am putting on my make-up!" There was a pillow on the bed which said, Hey Beautiful, Hotel ZaZa loves you! For some reason, I needed all the pampering I received that evening! Love this Hotel! You won't be disappointed. They also have a wonderful coffee and tea bar on every floor complimentary until 10:00 AM.

The hotel has a bar which is their pool turned into a lounge with a waterfall. It was very unique as was just about everything in this hotel. This hotel was designed by someone with creative thinking and attention to detail.

It was within walking distance to Several restaurants including The Capital Grille. My only complaint, I was not there long enough.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
MustangRoxie!

WOW! Thank you for the superb feedback! I am pleased to read that your one night at Hotel ZaZa Dallas exceeded your expectations! We always go the extra mile to ensure that our guests have an all around memorable & eclectic experience. The Butler's Pantry is one of the many gems of the hotel; I am glad you enjoy the service!

All in all, thank you again for the kind words. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We traveled from California to Dallas to meet our son who is on active duty with the Marine Corps (he is stationed on the east coast) for the Thanksgiving weekend. Hotel ZaZa was recommended to us by friends and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience. Staff was very attentive and if you are looking for a different and unique hotel experience try Hotel ZaZa it's unlike any other hotel. Lot's of little extras that pamper the guests and make you want to come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Jim!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that your visit with your son at Hotel ZaZa Dallas was thoroughly enjoyable and special! Please send thanks to him from the ZaZa staff for his service to our country! Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I would love to create another signature Z experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with a quirky style. The art all over the hotel is interesting to say the least but I enjoyed it. We stayed in a nice double room with a large sitting area called a Deluxe Parlor. The beds were really comfortable and the service was excellent. The bar was really a happening place to be with lots of twenty somethings-so fun for us to people watch. (We're 40-50)
There was a bit of a noise problem. Loud music and loud people in the halls at night and someone above me decided to invite a herd of buffalo over at 7am on Saturday morning.
It is in a really nice area and a good location. I would recommend staying here just for the experience.

Room Tip: Maybe on the top floor so you don't have anyone over you to wake you up at 7am!! The spa and wo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Okie11!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am happy to read that you enjoyed the edgy and eclectic artwork featured throughout Hotel ZaZa! The hotel is definitely not your average cookie cutter hospitality establishment. I am also pleased that you received excellent service topped with plenty of comfort during your visit.

In regards to the noise issue, I do apologize! Such an incident is not commonplace at the hotel. Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Zeise is sort of like a W Hotel, without the sleek modernness. The rooms are similar to an older Four Seasons without the service and luxury. This staff is very good but not as formal or polished as the four seasons and not as Professional as the W. The music playing seems like it should be ambient groove but instead it's raucous rock. And loud.

Dragonfly, the restaurant, is very loud but amazingly good.

The sheets are great, but there is bad wallpaper in the bathroom and the toilet is builder stock.

The balcony rooms are spacious and beautiful and the railing on the balcony is stunning. But the soundproof doors do not quite cut out the loud party music from below that plays until 2 AM.

This place is filled with hip twentysomethings and 50-year-old suit Businessmen. I am 40 and simply do not fit in. Access to the hotel is very easy.

Overall, I do feel like the hotel has an identity crisis and it's probably the strangest place I stayed...

• Stayed November 2012
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
swankyhotels,

Thank you for the feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Dragonfly restaurant as well as the balcony rooms; they are just two of the many gems at Hotel ZaZa!

In regards to the style, ZaZa is definitely eclectic; the hotel is not a cookie cutter hospitality establishment! We seek to provide an enjoyable experience for all guests; I apologize if you felt out of place. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to have another opportunity to WOW you with a signature ZaZa experience!