“Beautiful, Elegant Boutique Hotel”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #2 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed in the Hotel ZaZa for one night while on business. I travel a bit and found this hotel to exceed my expectations. From the hotel lobby elegance to the fabulous photography on the wall, I found this hotel to be a wonderful boutique hotel which allowed me to believe customer service is not dead!

The room was a suite with an awesome bathroom! When I came back from dinner, my bed was turned down. There were chocolates waiting for me with a lite candle next to my bed. The elegance is there, but these folks have also have a sense of humor. Their Do Not Disturb says, "Go away, I am putting on my make-up!" There was a pillow on the bed which said, Hey Beautiful, Hotel ZaZa loves you! For some reason, I needed all the pampering I received that evening! Love this Hotel! You won't be disappointed. They also have a wonderful coffee and tea bar on every floor complimentary until 10:00 AM.

The hotel has a bar which is their pool turned into a lounge with a waterfall. It was very unique as was just about everything in this hotel. This hotel was designed by someone with creative thinking and attention to detail.

It was within walking distance to Several restaurants including The Capital Grille. My only complaint, I was not there long enough.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

MustangRoxie!

WOW! Thank you for the superb feedback! I am pleased to read that your one night at Hotel ZaZa Dallas exceeded your expectations! We always go the extra mile to ensure that our guests have an all around memorable & eclectic experience. The Butler's Pantry is one of the many gems of the hotel; I am glad you enjoy the service!

All in all, thank you again for the kind words. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We traveled from California to Dallas to meet our son who is on active duty with the Marine Corps (he is stationed on the east coast) for the Thanksgiving weekend. Hotel ZaZa was recommended to us by friends and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience. Staff was very attentive and if you are looking for a different and unique hotel experience try Hotel ZaZa it's unlike any other hotel. Lot's of little extras that pamper the guests and make you want to come back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Jim!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that your visit with your son at Hotel ZaZa Dallas was thoroughly enjoyable and special! Please send thanks to him from the ZaZa staff for his service to our country! Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I would love to create another signature Z experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with a quirky style. The art all over the hotel is interesting to say the least but I enjoyed it. We stayed in a nice double room with a large sitting area called a Deluxe Parlor. The beds were really comfortable and the service was excellent. The bar was really a happening place to be with lots of twenty somethings-so fun for us to people watch. (We're 40-50)
There was a bit of a noise problem. Loud music and loud people in the halls at night and someone above me decided to invite a herd of buffalo over at 7am on Saturday morning.
It is in a really nice area and a good location. I would recommend staying here just for the experience.

Room Tip: Maybe on the top floor so you don't have anyone over you to wake you up at 7am!! The spa and wo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Okie11!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am happy to read that you enjoyed the edgy and eclectic artwork featured throughout Hotel ZaZa! The hotel is definitely not your average cookie cutter hospitality establishment. I am also pleased that you received excellent service topped with plenty of comfort during your visit.

In regards to the noise issue, I do apologize! Such an incident is not commonplace at the hotel. Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Zeise is sort of like a W Hotel, without the sleek modernness. The rooms are similar to an older Four Seasons without the service and luxury. This staff is very good but not as formal or polished as the four seasons and not as Professional as the W. The music playing seems like it should be ambient groove but instead it's raucous rock. And loud.

Dragonfly, the restaurant, is very loud but amazingly good.

The sheets are great, but there is bad wallpaper in the bathroom and the toilet is builder stock.

The balcony rooms are spacious and beautiful and the railing on the balcony is stunning. But the soundproof doors do not quite cut out the loud party music from below that plays until 2 AM.

This place is filled with hip twentysomethings and 50-year-old suit Businessmen. I am 40 and simply do not fit in. Access to the hotel is very easy.

Overall, I do feel like the hotel has an identity crisis and it's probably the strangest place I stayed...

• Stayed: November 2012
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

swankyhotels,

Thank you for the feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Dragonfly restaurant as well as the balcony rooms; they are just two of the many gems at Hotel ZaZa!

In regards to the style, ZaZa is definitely eclectic; the hotel is not a cookie cutter hospitality establishment! We seek to provide an enjoyable experience for all guests; I apologize if you felt out of place. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to have another opportunity to WOW you with a signature ZaZa experience!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

When in Dallas, I like either the Mansion or Zaza - although I think I like the Zaza just a tad better. If you can score one of the larger rooms, they area massive and great fun.
The restaurant and bar area is great, although I hear that the pool scene can be annoying. It's a small pool. I've never run into issues with the pool, though.
The rooms have windows that can be opened with screens, so fresh air is possible. Clean, spacious, and well put together. I love the butler area on each floor where they have coffee every morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

happyrobot!

Thank you for the kind words regarding your visit to Hotel ZaZa Dallas! I am very pleased that you find the hotel a lovely hospitality establishment. The Dragonfly is always serving up the most delish of dishes and drinks; I am glad you enjoyed it! As for the Butler's Pantry, I am happy to read that you love the coffee and tea service!

All in all, thank you for the great review! Please touch base when you are planning your next getaway to the Big D, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is more of an experience than just another place to sleep. We were lucky enough to land after 13 hours in the air to the greatest Halloween party I have ever seen!! we found the energy to party till the wee hours even though exhausted. The wrong booking had been placed but the staff were all to helpful and went beyond what we requested in the first place, Even after I acted like a tool at reception (sorry i was exhausted). The Suites are just mindblowing good, the wine list is truly world class. Every time i called down the staff actually cared and that is just so rare. I want you to believe how good this place is and to trust me, so I'll give you 2 negatives. We had a stripper pole in our room that didn't spin as there supposed to and i got a rash (nuf said) and the concierge just seemed useless. (i had to take my bags up and bring them down to the cab, 6 bags not easy) with a bit of thought both these problems could have been avoided. Only thing i was wishing for was an Alice in wonderland suite. Oh and don't eat at Mortons next door the place has gone to the dogs. 5 Stars from me for this hotel

Room Tip: Go for the Suites there AMAZING, please check the stripper pole before use in the Notorious suite. A...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

jamie p from Sydney!

Thank you for the feedback! I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations at Hotel ZaZa Dallas! The Magnificent Seven Suites are definitely something spectacular; I am glad you found your suite exceptional! As for the Halloween Bash...I am happy you had a blast despite the jet lag! We at ZaZa know how to have a GREAT time!

In regards to the pole in your room, I apologize for the issue you encountered. If not already completed, I will have the appropriate department repair the pole immediately! As for your experience with the concierge, I am greatly concerned that you did not receive assistance with your luggage. Such service is not the ZaZa standard. Please touch base with me regarding your experience, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your next arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the moment you arrive at Hotel ZaZa you know very well that you are going to be properly looked after.

I have stayed at Hotel ZaZa on several occasions over the last year and each and every time I return I am fascinated by the level of service afforded to the patrons. Indeed, it just seems to get better; clearly the more hotels I stay at the more I appreciate Hotel ZaZa.

I travel two weeks a month and stay in pricey hotels. I have to say, I have never been treated as well as I was here. Valet, check-in, room-service, and restaurant staff... everyone was outstanding, and so accommodating.

They are simply the best in class and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Theme Rooms are fantastic but also third floor close to the business center are outstanding
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Judy P

Judy P!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am very pleased that you found Hotel ZaZa to be a "best in class" hotel, and that each visit is more z-mazing than the last! The Z staff is definitely a wonderful team to have onboard. Please touch base when your travels return you to the Dallas area, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!