“Favorite Hotel Ever”

Ranked #3 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Sydney, Australia
“Favorite Hotel Ever”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is more of an experience than just another place to sleep. We were lucky enough to land after 13 hours in the air to the greatest Halloween party I have ever seen!! we found the energy to party till the wee hours even though exhausted. The wrong booking had been placed but the staff were all to helpful and went beyond what we requested in the first place, Even after I acted like a tool at reception (sorry i was exhausted). The Suites are just mindblowing good, the wine list is truly world class. Every time i called down the staff actually cared and that is just so rare. I want you to believe how good this place is and to trust me, so I'll give you 2 negatives. We had a stripper pole in our room that didn't spin as there supposed to and i got a rash (nuf said) and the concierge just seemed useless. (i had to take my bags up and bring them down to the cab, 6 bags not easy) with a bit of thought both these problems could have been avoided. Only thing i was wishing for was an Alice in wonderland suite. Oh and don't eat at Mortons next door the place has gone to the dogs. 5 Stars from me for this hotel

Room Tip: Go for the Suites there AMAZING, please check the stripper pole before use in the Notorious suite. A...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
jamie p from Sydney!

Thank you for the feedback! I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations at Hotel ZaZa Dallas! The Magnificent Seven Suites are definitely something spectacular; I am glad you found your suite exceptional! As for the Halloween Bash...I am happy you had a blast despite the jet lag! We at ZaZa know how to have a GREAT time!

In regards to the pole in your room, I apologize for the issue you encountered. If not already completed, I will have the appropriate department repair the pole immediately! As for your experience with the concierge, I am greatly concerned that you did not receive assistance with your luggage. Such service is not the ZaZa standard. Please touch base with me regarding your experience, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your next arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the moment you arrive at Hotel ZaZa you know very well that you are going to be properly looked after.

I have stayed at Hotel ZaZa on several occasions over the last year and each and every time I return I am fascinated by the level of service afforded to the patrons. Indeed, it just seems to get better; clearly the more hotels I stay at the more I appreciate Hotel ZaZa.

I travel two weeks a month and stay in pricey hotels. I have to say, I have never been treated as well as I was here. Valet, check-in, room-service, and restaurant staff... everyone was outstanding, and so accommodating.

They are simply the best in class and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Theme Rooms are fantastic but also third floor close to the business center are outstanding
1 Thank Judy P
Judy P!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am very pleased that you found Hotel ZaZa to be a "best in class" hotel, and that each visit is more z-mazing than the last! The Z staff is definitely a wonderful team to have onboard. Please touch base when your travels return you to the Dallas area, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Efficient well run Hotel great service and very switched on.
Trendy modern and cool with good rooms clean and tidy.The establishment is full of style and design.
This is a customer focused Hotel the area is ok near by surrounded by some excellent Restaurants.

The breakfast menu i enjoyed ...

1 Thank Tom29bobby
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Tom29bobby!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am glad you enjoyed Hotel ZaZa's eclectic and cool atmosphere! The Z team is terrific; I am pleased to read that you received excellent service from them during your visit!

The breakfast at Dragonfly is simply delish!

All in all, thank you again for your kind words. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Moraga, California
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect, based on website and various online reviews. I was expecting a hyper version of a "W" -- and I try to avoid those. But the Fairmont was booked, and my meeting was in Uptown, so I went for it.
I am glad I did. From taxi drop off to taxi pick up, everything was high-touch and great. Friendly service. Big room. Excellent bed and bedding. Little welcome snacks in room. Nicely done minibar. Nice bathroom with good lighting, nice towels, and appealing shampoo, etc. Restaurant was a tiny bit over-priced, mostly on the wine. Food was excellent, and noise level was fun but not chaos. Other than the auto-close slam of doors, endemic in this land, quiet rooms. Sure, the silent screening of "The Matrix" on a wall in the lobby and the very dim lights in the halls at night give it that "look, this is us being edgy" vibe, but it is like the honors student who thinks she/he is being rebellious by getting two earring piercings. This is my new place to stay in Dallas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
EastBayTraveler!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased that your Hotel ZaZa experience was EXCELLENT, and that the hotel is your new place to stay in Dallas! We know how important the little touches are to our guests; I am glad you enjoyed the minibar and welcome snacks.

In regards to the Dragonfly, I am happy you enjoyed the food! The restaurant team is always whipping up the most savory of dishes.

All in all, thank you again for the review. Please touch base when you are ready for another edgy, eclectic z-scape to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Extremely swanky place. Excellent service from the bell boys to the maids. Yummy drinks and appetizers. It was hard not to notice the slightly racy art work hanging on the walls. Cover your eyes if you're offended by suggestive photos of men in speedos and women looking like they're a little too cold, if you know what I mean. The bedding was VERY comfortable with tons of pillows. Great location within easy walking distance to lots of fantastic and trendy restaurants and bars. This place drips with a modern feel...This ain't your momma's hotel...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
CYork!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am glad to read that your stay at Hotel ZaZa was filled with superb service and excellent food & drinks from Dragonfly! Fantastic! I am also pleased that you found the bedding in your room thoroughly comfortable.

The hotel is situated in an ideal location for scoping out the best of what Uptown Dallas has to offer. Almost mystical, sometimes whimsical, always memorable, ZaZa is definitely not "your momma's hotel"!!

All in all, thank you again for the praise and feedback. Please touch base when you're ready for another Z-scape, as I will have my staff create another eclectic signature ZaZa experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 20, 2012

A beautifully appointed and distinctive hotel with service that is at such a high-standard that other hoteliers should take notice. Whether the gracious gentleman who were on hand to help with luggage or make sure that no one opened the door, or the front desk team that was equally as gracious and friendly with suggestions and assistance; I am beyond impressed. Complimentary car service for nearby places even though the hotel is walking distance to a plethora of options.

Our company converged on this hotel en masse and the ZaZa folks were prepared for it. My room was ready early even though I didn't expect to be able to check-in until later. We had made plans to wait by taking advantage of the facility and ZaSpa - so chic and indulgent. The fitness facility was clean and bright with many machines available.

Make the time to visit the ZaSpa! While it is a small facility, it does not lack in character, quality or want. Large service rooms, beautiful decoration and supreme providers gave it every inch of a top spa.

Art and artwork throughout the property provided uniqueness at a level that felt as if you were in a large on-trend home but the service reminded you that you were being pampered and a guest. The cleanliness was extraordinary with a refilled minibar, made up bed, clean linens, and token gifts in oversized beautifully appointed rooms with lightening fast free wi-fi.

The Dragonfly bar was at the top of their game. Drinks delivered quickly with genuine smiles and the Cadillac margarita was phenom. The food in the hotel was fresh and the set-ups for coffee, drinks and snacks consistently refilled. I would highly recommend for a function.

I had the opportunity to see a few of the Magnificent Seven Suites - OMIGOSH! Splurge, have a lifetime experience and make a memory in one of these absolutely gorgeous suites. You deserve it - and if you don't, the staff at the hotel will make you feel like you do anyhow!

P.S. Their website does not do justice to this facility or their abilities.

2 Thank Jacqui B
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
JacquiBlake!

Thank you for the fantastically detailed feedback! I am very pleased that you had a divine time at ZaZa Dallas...from the ZaSpa to the Dragonfly! We at ZaZa are all about top-notch service!

In regards to the Magnificent 7 Suites, I am happy you found them eclectic and "lifetime experience" worthy! They are definitely something special.

All in all, thank you again for your kind words. Please touch base when your travels return you to the Za, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Walk in the front entry and find yourself in another world, with over-the-top décor and atmosphere. You immediately know that this will be a different experience, especially if you stay in one of the “concept suites” or the “Magnificent Seven”. You can see pictures of the rooms on their website. Most recently we stayed in the “Dangerous Beauty” suite and found a very romantic and sexy room which provided for a pampered stay with 1 ½ bathrooms, large walk-in closet, and full kitchen. The refrigerator and glasses were handy for in-room appetizers and wine, which we brought with us for a snack prior to dinner. (Note you can also walk across the street and buy wine at a handy corner store – or order it from Room Service - for a nice fee!) Dragonfly restaurant, on property, is always one of our stops when staying at ZaZa, along with another evening at one of the other excellent restaurants in walking distance from the hotel. On a prior occasion we stayed in one of the concept suites, which overlooked the hotel entrance and was spectacular, but no kitchen. The people-watching is always quite an event, and also a fun show seen from a room balcony. Some of Dallas’ “beautiful people” hang around this hotel! When the pool is open it is a day-time crazy-party in the water, and then another crazy-party in the after dinner hours pool-side. We will go again and again when we want an escape and some romantic fun.

Room Tip: Concept suites generally are closer to the courtyard and party area, with some facing other sides of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
TC4chow!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased that your stay in the Magnificent Seven "Dangerous Beauty" Suite was pleasant and luxurious! The various Mag 7 & Concept Suites at ZaZa are perfect retreats from the ordinary!

In regards to the Dragonfly, I am happy the restaurant is always one of your stops when you stay at ZaZa! The food & the dining scene there are something spectacular!

All in all, thank you for the kind words. The Z team looks forward to creating another signature ZaZa experience for you!