“Sensational Hotel ZaZa Dallas”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #3 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Los Angeles, California
“Sensational Hotel ZaZa Dallas”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel is exquisite, and one of my new favorites! However, the staff was equally exceptional! Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. Super impressed! And the decor is exceptionally gorgeous. Other hotels could take a lesson from Hotel ZaZa! I have to mention one of the hotel employees (Tyler) drove my briefcase, which I forgot in the lobby from the hotel to DFW, which allowed me to make my flight home to LA. Where do you get service like that anymore? Looking forward to staying there again soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
paul p!

Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased that you found the hotel exquisite & the Z staff exceptional! I will definitely commend Tyler for his superb service in delivering your suitcase to you.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya at ZaZa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nothing special. Room was average size with usual amenities one would expect from any decent hotel. Aircon was either on - freezing, or off - hot and humid and would not respond to any adjustment of thermostat. Amazing for a hotel of this calibre, complimentary water was not provided but was a minibar item at $6. Dinner in the Dragonfly restaurant was very good but not exceptional. Ordered a second bottle of our chosen wine for our party to be told they didn't have any more! Unacceptable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
SMH100,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the air conditioning in your room & your bottle of wine request. Such incidents are embarrassing to say the least. Please touch base with me regarding your experience - MNuss@HotelZaZa.com.
Indian Land, South Carolina
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Dear Hotel ZaZa,

Thank you again for a lovely stay this week. My husband Jim and I always enjoy so much our time together when we come down and stay at your wonderful hotel. :)

Just wanted to pass on a few comments based on outstanding service this week.

1) Terri gave me one of the best facials I have had in a long time. Thanks for a great hour of relaxing Terri!

2) Last evenings couples massage that Jim and I had was amazing. Cathy no doubt gave me the best massage I have ever had and I have had a lot of them! I will come back just to get her hands back on me for sure! Thank you Cathy!

3) Juan over in Dragonfly has always been my favorite waiter. He is truly such a kind and sweet man and you are lucky to have him. He truly cares about the customer and makes my breakfast of steel cut oats and side of bacon taste even better each time I order it and I order it every time! Thanks Juan.

4) Thanks to the management for trading out our room coupons for ZaZa Bucks. It really gave Jim and I a chance to "cash in" on spa services that we need not for the company to pay for. Thanks management as I spent about $600 in bucks!

5)Also the nice gentleman that is the Dragonfly manager (from India I think and I don't know his name) was so nice to give Jim and I a $30 Food & Beverage coupon the other night just out of the blue when we were chatting. That was truly sweet of him and Jim really appreciated it.

All in all everyone there is so good at what they do. From the guys greeting us at the door to the housekeeping ladies to the bar tenders by the pool EVERYONE needs an atta girl and boy!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are wonderful but to have a patio overlooking the pool is the best unless you are i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Candi A. from Indian Land!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am so glad you and your husband always enjoy visiting Hotel ZaZa. I am also happy to read that your recent stay at the hotel was thoroughly pleasurable from your rejuvenating experience at ZaSpa to your delightful meal at Dragonfly. LOVE IT!

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

As a group of older women who travel together frequently, we are picky about some things. As mentioned the young attractive front desk and valet and restaurant staff are friendly and sometimes overly solicitous. We ran out of tp in our king suite and there was no back up. There were only towels and drinking glasses for 2 and we were four. No hand towels. One of us left a nitegown in the bathroom and even though she noticed it within a couple of hours of leaving it was not returned. The surroundings almost made up for poor housekeeping. We would most likely return.

• Stayed September 2012
karlawar4648,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you encountered with towels and room amenities. In regards to the nightgown, please contact me. I will have housekeeping conduct a thorough search for the misplaced apparel. I can be reached at MNuss@hotelzaza.com.

The Z team would love the opportunity to turn your okay stay into something almost mystical! Please touch base when your travels whisk you back to Dallas, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were there for four nights for our anniversary. My husband and I have stayed at ZaZa Dallas many times (we live 20 minutes from the hotel) and this was by far the best stay we have ever had. It might have been one of the very best vacations we have ever had! The ZaZa staff are doing a phenomenal job of handling every detail and leaving no stone unturned when it comes to customer service. Our four nights in the Red Shoe Magnificent 7 room were everything we could possibly ask for in a hotel stay. From the pool bartenders to the front desk to the valet guys to the concierge to housekeeping...they have it figured out. We've been to a lot of places around the world and I would put their staff and Hotel ZaZa against any property. Special props to Brian (valet), Shawn & Courtney (front desk), Rev Scott & Tyler (concierge), and all of the bartenders (especially all 3 ladies at the pool and the guy who looks like John Mayer). The fact that my husband and I feel like we know all of them after just a few short days really says something about the level of service they provided. I can only believe that this is top-down culture within the overall team at the property and that is a reflection of their management. We will definitely return for another stay soon!

Room Tip: We love the Red Shoe Room in the Magnificent 7. You can't go wrong with any of the Magnificent...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Suzanidoo! ZaZa loves you!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you had a delightful four nights in the Red Shoe Magnificent 7 Suite at ZaZa for your anniversary!

I am also pleased that you found the Z team outstanding. I will definitely commend Rev Scott, Tyler, Brian, Shawn & Courtney for their stellar service to you during your stay!

Please touch base when you are ready to escape for another Za-mazing retreat, as I will have my staff create a signature ZaZa experience for you!
Austin
Reviewed September 22, 2012

After hundreds of really boring hotels, this isn't. The rooms are fun and whimsical. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location just outside downtown Dallas in Uptown is almost perfect. What is surprising is that the rates are Competetive with other top tier smaller hotels. I find the value to be excellent. Rooms tend to be large and many have real balconies--not tiny areas you can barely step on but nice areas with couches. Dragonfly food anD libations are always excellent. People-watching can be fun some nights.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for a concept suite and you will not be sorry.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
texasrambler_62!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Hotel ZaZa Dallas. The location of the hotel offers much to see and do in Uptown Dallas! I am also happy you indulged in a ZaZa concept suite; they are definitely a sweet experience!

In regards to Dragonfly, I am glad you always enjoy the restaurant's delicious dishes & other delightful goodies.

All in all, thank you for the praise and comments! The Z team looks forward to creating another signature ZaZa experience for you soon!
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Shared a few nights (several different occasions) there with a friend that is a make up artist and make up line. I'm a local Dallas resident.
Pros: Rooms are upper class. Very nice. Very good friendly service. Food upscale and tasty.

Cons: Weird younger crowd hanging by the pool area that considered a club (?). Alot of platform shoes and big time young want to be "something's" Music (DJ) is loud and techno. Ugh. Parking is yuck though using valet is very wise.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Caroline R!

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that you received great service and enjoyed your tasty dish at Dragonfly!

In regards to the ZaZa Poolside, the area can become quite crowded & lively at night, especially on weekends. I apologize if you found the scene a disturbance during your stay.

All in all, thank you for your feedback. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have the reddest of red carpets rolled out upon your arrival!