“The Best Part of Dallas”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #2 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you are going the concrete jungle - head to the these inviting lush oasis in a residential area of Dallas. Watch some film noir projected on the side of the building as you lounge in the pool. And please, by all means indulge in a spa treatment. Overall a spectacular hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
BConder, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Annie B!

Thanks for the kind words from Seattle. Dallas has nothing on Seattle for beauty but you are right in picking our little Uptown neighborhood as one of the more lush areas in the city. I like the fact you were able to relax in ZaSpa. The team does such a great job of taking care of our guests!

Thanks again for the kind words!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have now stayed at ZAZA on seven occasions and will be back for more. Truly a boutique, I would not recommend for families or crabby old people. The staff is fabulous, the rooms are beautiful, but don't go if you dislike seeing young beautiful people, listening to music, and having a good time. My wife and I evacuated there in 2005 and the staff was wonderful to us. Go, stay and have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Any room is grand
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thanks to NOLA!

Lucky 7 and counting! Thanks for the lagniappe compiments - greatly appreciated. I am glad you have been back so many times and looking forward to more! Us too!

Please let us know if we can do anything to make your next 7 even more memorable!

Best,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Let me start by saying, this is my first ever boutique hotel experience. My lack of knowledge in boutique hotels could have alot to do with my review. Front desk and staff were exceptional. The cheese and cracker tray delivered to you room was a great touch. Parking, well... There is none unless you valet for 24 dollars a day or park you car on the street (if you can find one). No store, or shop, only options is getting things out of your mini bar, 4 dollars for a can soda. This hotel has a night club attached to the pool, so if your going to the hotel for relaxation, not such a great idea. At night, it is a local club with girls in there short skirts and 7 inch heels prancing aroung the bar and pool area. No hot tub. If your thinking of staying with family, not the hotel, if your going to party.... Perfect. Housekeeping was great the first 2 days, then last 2, you couldn't even tell they were there. The rooms all in all aren't much better than a Marriott or holiday inn, now they do have a sofa, and I stayed in a regular rooms. We did ask to check out the magnificent 7 hotels, are were shown about 4 of those, and they were super nice. All in all, it was an okay experience for a 20 something non party girl and her mom, but next time I'm in Dallas, I won't stay at zaza.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Kmfrioux,

Thanks for reaching out all the way from Port Neches! I apologize that we did not provide more consistent housekeeping the last two days as we did the first two days. I have shared your feedback as a whole with our houskeepers and we are focused to do a better job. I realize our hotel may not be for everyone and I appreciate you pointing out the areas that may not suit your travel needs. We offer competive services with the other luxury hotels in the area but with a little bit more of a flair! So, I understand if you don't choose ZaZa going forward and again appreciate the candid feedback...we will definitely address the housekeeping shortfalls!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Hotel Za Za was outstanding... Unbelievable service, great decor, awesome location... No kids and no stiffs. I f you are looking for a hotel that provides a unique experience this is it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My BFF and I stayed at ZaZa this past weekend. Although we had plans to fry our skin at the pool all weekend, the weather had other plans so we spent most of the day at Northpark. Ha. This was our first experience at ZaZa and we weren't disappointed. The staff was ultra friendly and our room was beautiful. Despite booking our room at a discounted rate on Gilt, we received a room with a great view. The bed was so comfortable - I did not want to get out of it. Surprisingly, the room service menu was not overpriced and the spa treatments were not overpriced either and the mini bar was affordable.

Just a few notes - this hotel does have a party atmosphere. It is well insulated so we didn't hear a lot of noise - in fact, what woke us up (twice) was security issuing warnings to the room across from us. We never heard a peep out of that particular room so I am not sure what the deal was. I did appreciate, though, that security was quick to take care of "problem" rooms. My only real issue with the hotel was the bathroom. I am a total bathroom snob - considering the decor of the room and the reputation of the hotel, I really thought the bathroom needed a significant upgrade. Our room had a teeny, tiny tub - I am five feet, two inches and 100 pounds - the tub was too small for me. Most people would not use a tub like that - why not take the tubs out and instead, install a glassed in shower? This also gets rid of the nasty shower curtain.

We do plan to return again so we can take full advantage of the hotel's amenities. I would not pay full price for a room at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
BConder, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

We love the Okies! Thanks for making the trip from Norman and sorry the weather did not cooperate. Happy you were able to occupy your time at Northpark!!! Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to your return trip down I-35!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at the hotel zaza about a week or so ago, our stay there was beyond real it was like we left the world and was on another planet, our room was great and the bed was so soft and cozy that i had a hard time getting out of it, the room service was o.k, its better going down to there restruant and eat. The pool on saturday nite was awsome there were pretty ladys all over the place, The staff was by far the best part of the stay, everyone was happy, pleasent and very very helpfull everyone from the front desk lady that sent us up everything we requested, down to the maintance guy that repaired my a/c, Thanks kameil and Marv great job guys! To the owners and Managers of ZAZA we Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank shanw b

We love the moniker, "best hotel in Texas"! Woo hoo! Thanks for the shout out to both Kamille and Marvin! We will recognize them both for going above and beyond! We look forward to your return - an on a Saturday night by the pool, as well!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is wonderful, a fantastic experience. It is beautiful boutique hotel with great service and wonderful ambience. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CharlieTuna1951
BConder, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thanks for the kind words! We love "wonderful" and "fantastic"! Most importantly we love the fact you will be recommending to all of your friends! The highest praise, indeed!

Thanks again!