“Nice but not Gaga over zaza”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #3 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“Nice but not Gaga over zaza”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I Guess I don't get it. or maybe at 50 I am just getting old. the rooms were nice . the staff was nice. nothing overwhelming. just had a feeling I was paying about 50 percent too much. our theme suite wasn't as much eclectic as it was kookie. still I kind of liked it and maybe would go back if I had a good deal.

• Stayed May 2011
BConder, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thanks for the review! I apologize if we did not wow you with our ZaZa experience. It may not be that you did not get it but we may not have got you. Please give us another try. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance in making your reservation and ensuring that we get you this go 'round!

All the best,

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
orendorff
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great for a weekend away from reality, plush accommodations and rock style environment. Pool is small, but you are not really there for the water.

• Stayed June 2011
Love your review! "Escape from Reality" should be our bumper sticker! We like to be our own little Utopia at the corner of Leonard and McKinney! Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you back for a little Zen soon!

Best,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Wow, don't even know where to begin? Went to ZaZa for a quick getaway for my wife's recent birthday and we were BLOWN AWAY!! From the moment we stepped into the lobby we were completely embraced by the staff, up to the very moment we got in our car and left to drive home the following day! Not sure what you are doing with that front desk and lobby staff, but you are doing something right!! Dinner at Dragonfly - words could not do it justice! From my amazing steak, to the dessert brought to the table for my wife's birthday (without my prompting, and not to mention the beautiful amenity sent once we got back to the room from the front desk "friends" who checked us in), to the true people watching and "scene" all around, we had one of the best stays at a hotel we have ever experienced. As I travel about 85% of the year for work I encounter a lot of things, but I have to say that everything ZaZa does, they do it right! From the staff, to the beautiful rooms, the atmosphere, the food, and overall attitude...these people are doing something right! Thanks for making not only making my wife's birthday extra special, but making a true ZaZa fan out of us, our friends, and our family!!

Room Tip: Simply Perfect
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RS_1082
I am so proud of the team in providing a "simply perfect" experience for your getaway and wife's birthday! Woo hoo! We love creating raving ZaZa fans and it sounds like the team did just that! Thanks for taking time to detail your experience, from arrival to dinner to your guestroom. Warms my heart to no end reading reviews like yours!

Best,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I organized our company retreat this last week at ZaZa. WOW! Everything turned out so great. We had excellent service from the front desk staff, banquet staff, and everyone we came in contact with. The meeting room was such a nice setting for our retreat. We also utilized the spa onsite for everyone's massages.

My entire staff thanked me for making all the arrangements at the hotel. I will definitely be back for personal getaways!

Thanks to Marla in the sales office who did an amazing job taking care of my group!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MalibuBarbie2011
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
WOW! I love reading WOW! in our reviews! Thanks for the kind words! We love to make you look like a Champ for selecting ZaZa for your company retreat! Marla is definitely one of our superstars, thanks for recognizing her stellar service!

Toronto
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I only have positive things to say about Zaza. The service was excellent, the hotel was very trendy and the decor was interesting to say the least! The rooms were up to date, clean and comfortable, and the pool and bar area were very nice and even ended up being a hot spot at night. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Y-Roc78
Y-Roc 78,

Thanks for the detailed comments and noting all things ZaZa that set us apart from the cookie cutters - interesting decor, pool and bar area that double as a nighttime hotspot, etc. You have a keen eye for details, my friend! We are glad you have only positive things to say! Keep 'em coming!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I met some friends in Dallas and chose the Zaza. Ive been to the Zaza in Houston and loved it so picked Zaza dallas.

I stayed in the "West Indies" room. It was HUGE!!! Fabulous space, luxurious finishes, and the room quality that anyone who has stayed at the Zaza comes to expect. The suite came with a HUGE furnished balcony, overlooking the drive-in entry, pool, and Dallas skyline. Fabulous.

Although the pool played loud music until late at night, the soundproof door on the balcony allowed me a restful sleep with not even one little peep of outside noise.

The hotel is trendy and beautiful. I am in my 20s and I find that it is a young, hip hotel. The Zaza may not be for senior citizens or ultra conservative people.

Ive traveled all over the US and the space that you get for the price you pay at the Zaza is unbelievable. I stayed at a comparable hotel in San Francisco recently that cost me neary $1000. The Zaza was $300 and worth every penny.

Pros:

I am not from Dallas but from what I saw, the surrounding area looked really nice. Lots of restauants nearby

Also, there is a convenience store right across the street, so you can save money by not using the minibar.

And free WiFi in the room!!!

Cons:

Valet parking is for a fee, which is to be expected, but I found a spot on the street and avoided paying for parking!

The bathtub in the suite is not particularly luxurious (I dont know the name of the material-- maybe formica?). --That was the only thing that I can think that could be improved in the suite. A shiny, updated bathtub would've looked more attractive but in the grand scheme of things, that was no big deal compared to the beauty and value of the suite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. They're great!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jetset009
I love that word, "AWESOME"...I don't think I can top that so I am going to stop my response right here, at "AWESOME". Thanks for using my favorite word! We love to be "AWESOME"!

Thanks for your business and your kind words!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I loved the trendy atmosphere and rich jewel tones. The location is a little bit off the beat and path but the travel time was well worth it. I generally prefer traditional accomodation but found the Hotel Zaza to be well done. Our guest room was well appointed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
You are the first traveler to note our "rich jewel tones". Great choice of words as our interior designer poured over the details to get things just right and we are extremely happy that you found our hotel a great alternative to the traditional!

That is what we stand for at ZaZa!

Thanks for your kind words!