“Hotel ZaZa ..... AWESOME!!!!”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #2 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I organized our company retreat this last week at ZaZa. WOW! Everything turned out so great. We had excellent service from the front desk staff, banquet staff, and everyone we came in contact with. The meeting room was such a nice setting for our retreat. We also utilized the spa onsite for everyone's massages.

My entire staff thanked me for making all the arrangements at the hotel. I will definitely be back for personal getaways!

Thanks to Marla in the sales office who did an amazing job taking care of my group!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MalibuBarbie2011
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

WOW! I love reading WOW! in our reviews! Thanks for the kind words! We love to make you look like a Champ for selecting ZaZa for your company retreat! Marla is definitely one of our superstars, thanks for recognizing her stellar service!

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,204)

Reviewed July 4, 2011

I only have positive things to say about Zaza. The service was excellent, the hotel was very trendy and the decor was interesting to say the least! The rooms were up to date, clean and comfortable, and the pool and bar area were very nice and even ended up being a hot spot at night. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Y-Roc78

Y-Roc 78,

Thanks for the detailed comments and noting all things ZaZa that set us apart from the cookie cutters - interesting decor, pool and bar area that double as a nighttime hotspot, etc. You have a keen eye for details, my friend! We are glad you have only positive things to say! Keep 'em coming!

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I met some friends in Dallas and chose the Zaza. Ive been to the Zaza in Houston and loved it so picked Zaza dallas.

I stayed in the "West Indies" room. It was HUGE!!! Fabulous space, luxurious finishes, and the room quality that anyone who has stayed at the Zaza comes to expect. The suite came with a HUGE furnished balcony, overlooking the drive-in entry, pool, and Dallas skyline. Fabulous.

Although the pool played loud music until late at night, the soundproof door on the balcony allowed me a restful sleep with not even one little peep of outside noise.

The hotel is trendy and beautiful. I am in my 20s and I find that it is a young, hip hotel. The Zaza may not be for senior citizens or ultra conservative people.

Ive traveled all over the US and the space that you get for the price you pay at the Zaza is unbelievable. I stayed at a comparable hotel in San Francisco recently that cost me neary $1000. The Zaza was $300 and worth every penny.

Pros:

I am not from Dallas but from what I saw, the surrounding area looked really nice. Lots of restauants nearby

Also, there is a convenience store right across the street, so you can save money by not using the minibar.

And free WiFi in the room!!!

Cons:

Valet parking is for a fee, which is to be expected, but I found a spot on the street and avoided paying for parking!

The bathtub in the suite is not particularly luxurious (I dont know the name of the material-- maybe formica?). --That was the only thing that I can think that could be improved in the suite. A shiny, updated bathtub would've looked more attractive but in the grand scheme of things, that was no big deal compared to the beauty and value of the suite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. They're great!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jetset009

I love that word, "AWESOME"...I don't think I can top that so I am going to stop my response right here, at "AWESOME". Thanks for using my favorite word! We love to be "AWESOME"!

Thanks for your business and your kind words!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I loved the trendy atmosphere and rich jewel tones. The location is a little bit off the beat and path but the travel time was well worth it. I generally prefer traditional accomodation but found the Hotel Zaza to be well done. Our guest room was well appointed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

You are the first traveler to note our "rich jewel tones". Great choice of words as our interior designer poured over the details to get things just right and we are extremely happy that you found our hotel a great alternative to the traditional!

That is what we stand for at ZaZa!

Thanks for your kind words!

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Upon arrival Freddie and Steve in valet were helpful with our belonging as we had many,we were attending a girls nite out weekend with some other friends, Steve clued us in on the zaza mobile,telling us that if we had plans off property later that nite to check with Freddie as he would be there most of the evening,Checking in the front desk smooth as Kali an Kara were professional as well as fun,our room was well appointed, dinner in dragonfly was awesome,service was ok but we had 8 girls in our party. After dinner we were ready to see some dallas nightlife, our valet Freddie summoned another valet to'get the truck and this big black suv with longhorns on the grill pulls up ready to take us west viilage, our driver Jason tells us there is no charge when we ask him about what we owe him but we tip him 20 dollars and thank him,Later on we call the hotel and asked to be picked up, the valet said they would be there in 10 mins, right on time Jason was there,once Jason dropped us at the hotel Freddie was there to greet us back and ask how our evening went.We felt like we were the only ones staying with yall,Thank you hotel zaza for a great weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TRENTHATER

Ahh, Freddie, Jason and Steve (as well as our Longhorn adorned Magic Carpet Rides) making it happen! A difficult job, running around a hot concrete deck 8 hours a day but these guys make it look easy. I am so proud you recognized their hard work and dedication. Next time bust Freddie's chops a bit on that cheesey 70s moustache he is sporting as of late!

Thanks for the kind words! The guys out front will definitely appreciate the sentiment!

Reviewed June 10, 2011

I hate hipsters, but I've fallen victim to the charm of staying in luxury boutique hotels. When my fiance and I were planning a summer trip to Dallas, a friend recommended Zaza and from the reviews online I decided it would be great. We stayed for two nights in a deluxe king room and I'd say Zaza strives to be on par with any of today's luxury boutique hotels.

There's a lot that has already been said about this place, but here are my top 3 praises:

1. Fabulous staff & top notch service. The majority of the staff were all young and good looking, but they lacked the snootiness of other places (see my scathing review of the Edition in Waikiki). We just happened to be staying there right when the NBA finals were going on in Dallas (which made for fun nights out). However, despite what I assumed was a full-house, the staff never made us feel rushed or unwanted. Thank you!

2. The courtesy hotel shuttle. They have at least 2 shuttles on hand (if not more), so we never had to wait for a FREE shuttle to return. On top of that, the shuttle drivers had tons of fabulous suggestions for places to see, eat, and drink.

3. Dragonfly and poolside dining. The pool and dragonfly restaurant provided much needed reprieve from the 100 degree weather. I expected the restaurant to be pricey, but was surprised by their VERY reasonable prices. We had lunch there and I had the ahi tacos (tasty) for $10 and my fiance ordered a BLT (also only $10). Although tiny, the restaurant/bar is a vibrant little space decorated for my hidden hipster.

4. I know I said top 3, but I must mention that the pressure from the shower head was amazing. I don't think I've had that great of a shower in any hotel before.

I don't have any real criticisms of the hotel. However, I am a 20-something young professional so I think this place was more suited to my style than a family with young kids.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kristakiyoko
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Woo hoo! Thanks for the great review and recognizing our dedication to the finest of details, including our shower pressure! Our owner is a fanatic when it comes to shower pressure and I am glad! We look forward to your return and we won't tell anybody that you have fallen victim to the charm of our boutique hotel!

Reviewed June 10, 2011

This was a great experience. Very hip, there is something unique, quirky and interesting to see in every place you look. The room, Club ZaZa Superior King, was quite comfortable. The restaurant, Dragonfly, had an outstanding menu and very attentive service. The pool area and outdoor bar is great for people watching. Our business meetings were held in the ZaZa Social House—which was a unique space, a former storefront now an art gallery. When in Dallas, make it a point to stay ZaZa!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for the review! We love "FUN" in our reviews. We do like our fun! Thanks for the kind words regarding your room, poolside and Dragonfly. I especially appreciate the props for the Art House and Social Gallery. That space is killer to hold small meetings, receptions and dinners. Love it!

Thanks again!