I hate hipsters, but I've fallen victim to the charm of staying in luxury boutique hotels. When my fiance and I were planning a summer trip to Dallas, a friend recommended Zaza and from the reviews online I decided it would be great. We stayed for two nights in a deluxe king room and I'd say Zaza strives to be on par with any of today's luxury boutique hotels.
There's a lot that has already been said about this place, but here are my top 3 praises:
1. Fabulous staff & top notch service. The majority of the staff were all young and good looking, but they lacked the snootiness of other places (see my scathing review of the Edition in Waikiki). We just happened to be staying there right when the NBA finals were going on in Dallas (which made for fun nights out). However, despite what I assumed was a full-house, the staff never made us feel rushed or unwanted. Thank you!
2. The courtesy hotel shuttle. They have at least 2 shuttles on hand (if not more), so we never had to wait for a FREE shuttle to return. On top of that, the shuttle drivers had tons of fabulous suggestions for places to see, eat, and drink.
3. Dragonfly and poolside dining. The pool and dragonfly restaurant provided much needed reprieve from the 100 degree weather. I expected the restaurant to be pricey, but was surprised by their VERY reasonable prices. We had lunch there and I had the ahi tacos (tasty) for $10 and my fiance ordered a BLT (also only $10). Although tiny, the restaurant/bar is a vibrant little space decorated for my hidden hipster.
4. I know I said top 3, but I must mention that the pressure from the shower head was amazing. I don't think I've had that great of a shower in any hotel before.
I don't have any real criticisms of the hotel. However, I am a 20-something young professional so I think this place was more suited to my style than a family with young kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Uptown Dallas, Texas, Hotel ZaZa is a luxury boutique hotel that features concept suites, day spa, meeting facility, vacation packages, and fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel ZaZa Dallas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zaza Hotel Dallas
- Hotel Zaza