“Overdone w/ Poor Service”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #2 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Judging by the disparity in reviews of this hotel, I guess it really depends what you are looking for in a hotel. If you want poor, dismissive serivce, and a "see and be seen" atmosphere, this place is for you. The service was horrible - from leaving our luggage in the lobby (and then we had to go get it ourselves and bring it to our room), to the front desk staff acting like we were bothering them, to be overcharged on the bill (and not resolving it). If you want to take your shirt off and be seen by the pool, by all means, this is your spot. If you want customer service, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DCTraveler5589
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

I certainly take blame for the lack of service you received by our front desk and bellmen. We have shared the observations with the team and we are all embarrassed with our performance. Our pool is quite popular on the weekends and does attract a crowd of locals who stay with us on Friday and Saturday nights in order to lounge at the pool. I apologize if you felt this was offputting for you. I would love to have a chance to win you back as a ZaZa guest!

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Overly pretentious hotel apparently managed by young untrained kids-sorely lacking professionalism. Entire visit was a total calamity of fumblings from mis-representing the type of room thru reservations to the front desk breeching our confidentiality and personal information to not allowing us to check in on time causing lengthy unecessary delays in our planned events to losing our belongings upon check in to Guest Services promising everything and not delivering to the valet placing dripping flower water vases on the leather seats of our Mercedes. Entire stay was a relentless battle for basic services. TERRIBLE WASTE OF $$$ !

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...not worth the frustration
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frustrated2011
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

I am extremely embarrassed reading your feedback. This is not our typical high standard of operation and for that I apologize. We would love a chance to win you back as a ZaZa customer!

Managing Director.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I have stayed at the Zaza many times over the years in Dallas and it is still my favorite hotel! Great service, really fun bar, fabulous restaurant, pool is small but cool, spa is small but sufficient for a basic "tune up" and the staff is always great even when they are the it place to be and slammed. Just do it!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TAGit
ZaZaHouston, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

We love the fact we are your "favorite hotel in Dallas"! Thanks for taking the time to communicate your feelings regarding our amenities, outlets and overall experience!

We look forward to your return!

XXOO

Your Favorite Hotel In Dallas!

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I just thew my sister's lingerie shower & bachelorette party at Hotel ZaZa & have to say, I've never been treated like a VIP as much at any other hotel as I did at ZaZa! I was very impressed with the concierge services, and really all of the people at ZaZa. From the valet service to room service, front desk staff, to housekeeping, everyone seemed to have one standard for their guests: Excellence. My sister & I stayed in the East Indies Concept Suite which has a balcony with a great view of Dallas & the ZaZa pool & nightlife at Dragonfly, but as soon as you close the patio door, it's absolute silence in your room because of your sound barrier door. So if you aren't looking for the party like we were, no worries, you'll sleep like a baby in that big, soft, comfy, cozy bed. I've stayed at many very nice hotels in locations like Vail, CO, Cabo, Mexico, Puerto Vallerta, Mexico, NY, NY, and ZaZa is officially my favorite. I love that it isn't your typical hotel. I love that there is a REAL concierge service. We trusted the concierge with the bar we went to after dinner for the big bachelorette party & he sent us to a really fun bar & even helped us get in without waiting in a long line in 4" heels! We came back to Dragonfly afterward to continue our fun & met some really nice people there. So if you don't know Dallas... no need to worry, the concierge will tell you where to go & what places are good. When we ordered food from room service I thought it would be your typical hotel food, but it was amazing! We ordered champagne & the service & set up in our room was beautiful. The room service didn't take an hour like at most hotels. It was speedy and our food was hot & very tasty. I was so impressed with everything, and best of all my sister and her friends were very impressed and said they had the best time! My sister said it was the "best bachelorette party ever" & she & I didn't want to leave when our stay was over. Though it sounds like we are major party people, we really aren't wild, so this isn't some wild & crazy hotel, this was just the perfect mix of professional, exceptional service, with nightlife at your fingertips if you are looking for it, but you have a nice, quiet room too, so if you aren't looking to party, no worries, ZaZa is still the place for you. When we got up on Sunday morning we even saw some kids at the pool with their parents. Though I would probably reserve ZaZa for my husband & I and leave our kids at home so that we could have a nice get away weekend, I think kids would love the pool there. I can't imagine having this gathering at any other hotel. I'm so happy that we chose ZaZa, and I can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jbwamw
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2011

WOW! We are glad you chose Hotel ZaZa too! Thanks for the glowing review and noticing all of things we do at ZaZa to make our guests' experiences unique! We like to think we offer, as you so aptly put, a "perfect mix of professional, exceptional service". We are so happy you had fun while with us and look forward to your return!

Thanks again!

Managing Director

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Apart from the fact that it sits in Dallas, one of the dullest cities I have ever seen, this hotel is simply wonderful. And many thanks to the staff there who work to the highest standards of service!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Thanks for allowing us to spice up your trip to "dull" Dallas! Ha! We are proud to be a unique and fun hotel choice for all who come to town! We look forward to seeing you back and thanks for the kind words!

Reviewed March 16, 2011

We checked into this hotel friday hoping for a nice relaxing weekend. We noticed the hotel was a little busy but did not let it get to us. The first night about 2am we were awaken by a girl banging on the door next to us and we called security. they arrived and did not make the girl stop at first however after i opened the door and asked them to make her stop they did but allowed her to call in the hall way to her friends. she was not a guest of the hotel but wanted to crash with friends and was trying to call them. Saturday night there was a weeding and a party downstairs we left for dinner and when we came back we learned there had been a big fight. we kept to ourselves and tried to get back to our room but were told we have to wait. security thought we were with the party. after several attempts to show them we were not they finally let us in. once upstairs we had to leave again to get away from the partys in the room accross from us. we went down stairs to talk to the front desk and they already knew about it but have not done anything for it. That night we did not get any sleep until 4am when the music cut off and they left.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jm6605
ZaZaHouston, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

I am sorry about the lack of response from our team. I have checked with all parties involved and we don't show record of any complaints during that time. I will share your comments with the team so we can learn from your feedback posted on Trip Advisor. Typically, we respond quickly when it comes to any sort of guest issue so I apologize if we fell short in your instance.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Reviewed March 10, 2011

I loved, loved this hotel! Very ecletic and so unsual. A breath of fresh air. Nice to stay someplace that offered something different than your typical "business" stay hotel. Loved hearing some of my conservative collegues' reaction to the art in the ladies bathroom, LOL! Ran into Eddie van Helen in the elevator. The VIP suite, loved it, even though I wasn't staying there! One of 2 best hotels I have stayed at during a business trip! My only complaint, was the cook...my filet mignon was rare and not medium well. tried to send it back, but was told the wait would be an additional 30 minutes. Only ate a salad and dessert that night. Billing was off too, but after a phone call was resolved. Also, the pool was closed and converted to a dance floor. Made for a very nice company pic.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank thisdivaluvs2travel

Thanks for the great review! I have shared your comments with the team. Sorry about the wrong temperature on the steak. We should have done a better job of reacting. I am glad you "got" ZaZa! We are indeed an eclectic mix of fun and luxury. Our pool area is one of the most popular spots in Dallas in the summer and in the winter thanks to our tent! We are happy we were able to transform a mundane business trip into something special!

Thanks for staying ZaZa!