“Nice hotel, but double check your bill”

Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Ranked #59 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 27, 2013

At check in, we were told that with our Starwood status, the $15 breakfast buffet would be complimentary. Upon checking out, we saw that we were charged for breakfast both mornings as well as for room service that we did not order. It took a call plus a lengthy visit to the front desk to resolve the errant charges.

Breakfast was great; the room was quiet and comfortable; happy hour drinks were inexpensive. Lots of ESPN channels and Showtime, but no HGTV or Golf Channel.

The location is convenient to the Galleria, but as of late October 2013, construction on LBJ Freeway (I-635) means that traffic is beastly for several miles in each direction. An alternative to LBJ might be taking the North Dallas Tollway south to Northwest Highway (Loop 12) to get to attractions in Dallas.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2Alaska09
There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4nights and they have a happy hour ever day!! The bartenders are the best mixologist! I had a different martini ever day. My girls and I, we decided to stay in the lobby with all the beautiful people and successful MEN instead of going out! I am Dominican and my girls are French, we felt at home with the cultural diversity. You have to come here for happy hour and or dinner!! Wait! I can leave out breakfast, wonder omelette and mimosa's ever morning!

Room Tip: Floor 9-11 require key access for extra security
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great stay. The best designed and equipped rooms I have ever seen, great public spaces and restaurant. Good location by the Galleria Mall (2 minutes walk) and very close to major high ways. I highly recommend to every need

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I spent two nights and 3 days at the Le Meridien and overall it was a really great experience. My room was on the top floor and was clean and well decorated. Best of all, the bed was extremely comfortable. There aren't many choices for food in the hotel so I had to rely on room service for one meal a day so that I could focus on my work. Unfortunately, their room service did not match up with rest of their customer service. 2 out of the 3 times I ordered, it took more than twice the quoted time. On the last day, my food didn't show up at all. When I called, I was informed they've been having troubles with their room service program and my order had fallen out of the system. I was already running late, so it was a frustrating experience. That being said, the concierge was very concerned with my complaint and ensured my order was hand-delivered by the chef 30 minutes later free of charge. I value how people handle mistakes and Le Meridien did an excellent job.

2  Thank lanie1000
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I travel to Dallas a several times a year to get away...do a little shopping or take in a concert, etc...This trip my husband and I stayed at Le Meridian. I was pleased with the room and its amenities. The room layout was a little strange but still comfortable. Beds were very comfy, decor seemed new (Black, white, grey and pink)... Staff was very courteous and helpful which is a must for me to return. Overall, nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I celebrated my anniversary at the Le Meridien Dallas by the galleria. The front desk receptionist were very friendly and warm. From the staff to the valet parking everyone there went out of there way to help me get check in to carrying my bags to helping me find a lighter for my candles. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will return one day soon !! (Thank you Eddie phelps) you went out of your way to help me when I was in a bind .

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I travel to Dallas frequently for business and prefer to stay in hotels owned and managed by the SPG group. I did not know that the Le Meridien Hotel was part of this group. I have been to Dallas no less than six times this year and stayed at another hotel brand. Then someone told me about Le Meridien. It is a very classy mid priced hotel that has your typical very comfortable rooms you get at any SPG brand. But this brand is similar to their Aloft hotels only classier. I call it an Aloft on steroids. The rooms are big and very nicely appointed. It is located across a very safe street from the Galleria Mall in Addison Texas. In the lobby you can use one of their four Mac computers. There is a very nice restaurant / bar area also in the lounge. This spot was just so cool and comfortable. And the best part - it is less than four blocks from the office I visit when in town. Had I only known sooner. I blew accumulating a boat load of SPG points this year. But that won't be the case from now on when I return to Dallas.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this hotel.