“One of the most pleasant hotels EVER.”

Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Ranked #50 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Let me start by saying I never, ever, leave reviews. I felt my stay at Le Meridien was worth the effort.

From the moment I arrived, I felt like royalty. The valet outside was polite and friendly. He greeted me upon arriving and opened the doors for me to get in. You get the "wow" factor as soon as you enter the building. Everything is very updated and well decorated. First class everything. Good bar, wonderful business area in the lobby with a plethra of new Mac computers, and a neat, contemporary lounge area as well.

The best part of the trip was the front desk staff. Check in was fast and friendly. Customer service is long forgotten in a lot of establishments these days, but not here. My first stay, Christopher checked me in and was very professional and polite. He let me know everything the hotel had to offer and made me feel like they really do care. However, it was my second trip back to the hotel that finally made me write this review. I was greeted at check in by Freida at the front desk. Easily one of the best customer service professionals I've ever encountered, if not the best. She was very busy with the phone constantly ringing and other staff approaching her for help. She made sure that she put me first and got me checked in fast. Le Meridien, you truly have a gem in Freida. She even checked on me to make sure I had everything I needed during my stay.

The room was amazing. I was in a large corner suite, big and roomy with excellent decor. Bed is memory foam and more comfy than home..living room and a bedroom, both with wall mounted HD flat screens, that were large too. Great room and more than enough space in the bathroom as well.

Anything you need, just call the desk 24/7 and they will do all they can for you, with pleasure.

I will be returning to this hotel, and recommend this hotel over any other I've stayed at around dfw(and I've stayed in a lot).

Freida really made my stay unforgettable, but this place is first class and an absolute joy to stay and relax here. If I could afford it, I'd move in.

-Matt G

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt G

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Rooms are pretty large and had very comfortable beds. Bathroom is ok, nothing spectacular, but worked well. It could have been better maintained though: the light in my vanity mirror was not working and the shower was not well fixed to the wall. Also, there were no drawers in my room, so if you want to unpack you are limited to the wardrobe.

The A/C was extremely noisy and at night I had three options: try to sleep with the noise (very difficult), try to sleep without the A/C (very difficult due to the heat and humidity) and try to sleep with A/C and noise reduction headphones (not too comfortable).

The level of service felt pretty inconsistent. The check-in was fantastic and the desk lady was very helpful. Other times when I had issues or questions they were almost rude on the phone line; not what I would expect from a US hotel.

Pool and gym are ok, but very small and they feel crowded very quickly.

In summary, convenient hotel if your destination is The Galleria or somewhere near. Otherwise, plenty of other options to consider in Dallas.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Reception staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The king suite on the 11th floor in which I stayed was very large and comfortable, eventhough the door was difficult to open each time. It includes a very good working space which, makes this a good working base for people who are on business trips, especially because wireless (and cable) internet, is fast and stable.

The bathroom is a bit disappointing, as it has a kind of outdated look, eventhough all is working fine.
The a/cin my room was very annoying. It cooled the room down very well (which is absolutely needed in Dallas), but the noise is really a problem, making it difficult to have a good sleep.

The gym, is small and also quite outdated and it could have been a bit cooler inside. There was only one tredmill working causing quite some waiting time to use it. Another regular guesst told me that the second tredmill was out of order for quite some time already. Why not simply fix it and increase guest satisfaction.

The courtesy shuttle takes guests to places within a 2-3 miles distance from the hotel, which is convenient with temperatures over the 100's which make walking a tough experience.

Location of the hotel is good for those whose main goal is shopping in the Galaria tower or who have business appointments nearby. Otherwise there is not much to do or see around the hotel and the surroundings are not really pretty.

One morning I took a continental breakfast, which price is ok (10 USD) but which I found below sthe tandard I am used to in most hotels.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in July 2013. Thought it would be a great location just outside of Dallas. The hotel is very conveniently located across from the fantastic Galleria Mall and has easy access to lots of restaurants and shops.
Upon checking in I was greeted by a very condescending desk clerk, who really couldn't be bothered to see to my hospitality. Happily, the morning desk clerks were much friendlier and offered great advice about the area.
The hotel lobby is very dimly lit as are the rooms. The indoor pool is not the best place for children as it is small and their voices echo in the small pool enclosure. There is a very nice gym that was never occupied. Great coffee available in the lobby.
The room was large and the bathroom was very clean with great towels.
The decor of the hotel is very contemporary.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Having booked a normal room I got upgraded to a suite
Nice room on the second floor
Only downside was the noise
There was probably a group of young guy staying on my floor and during night quiet few shout, running in the corridor and door banging
Not the end of the world but to be mentioned
Price are good probably attracting less civilised people
Great location near galleria
And 15mjn from downtown

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The first thought on the minds of the staff is clearly that all persona checking in are crooks. My sister and I arrived at the property and Imwent to the reception with my picture ID and valid credit card. Immediately the front desk clerk denied check in because the credit card and ID were not exactly the same. My sister came in and the credit card and ID MATCHED exactly. From here on the trip was all down hill. No luggage rack, no glasses, no toilet that worked and a tv that was no visible from the bed.
The repairs and missing items were replaced only after many calls. I asked for the GM. No one to speak with until the weekend was over.
I checked out early after I advised the MOD. I HAD STAYED ONE NIGHT AND RECEIVED A PAID BILL. Later the next day I received an e mail copy of a bill for two nights. I spoke to the GM the next day and way told that the incorrect charge would be removed. IT HAS NOT BEEN REMOVED! Clearly the temporary GM has taken no action. This hotel is a joke and the people in charge on the weekend failed to keep every promise made. They are irreaponsibe and never call back. KEEY AWAY!

Room Tip: Avoid, there are hundreds of better places within a stone's throw!
1  Thank shoepeddler
albert w, Director of Rooms at Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. I would like to apologize for the problems that you experienced with your stay in regards check-In process no luggage rack and the lack of follow up throughout your stay. I am looking into where we fell short in these areas and so that we can come up with a solution to keep from happening in the future. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

As we were planning a trip to another place, we thought that it would be convenient to stay in Dallas, which was our last stop before the final flight to our country, so my daughters and wife could do some shopping. The Galleria Shopping Mall help us decide on this hotel and we think it was the best choice. The Mall is just crossing the road in front of the hotel and you could get in through the Macy's Store. The rooms were very big (we had two), the beds very comfortable, nice bathroom and a big screen TV, we couldn't ask for more. Breakfast was super complete and we had a couple of nice dinners on the restaurant. The hotel shuttle took us to other shopping areas and to have dinner and the drivers were very friendly and helpful. Also we reserved a couple of rooms more for my brother in law and his sons and they liked it very much especially the cost. Will come back any time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family