“Nice Hotel”

Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Ranked #53 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is in pretty good shape. Rooms are spacious and clean. Comfortable bar/restaurant area in lobby but it was grossly understaffed this past Friday and Saturday night. Server did the best she could but was overwhelmed. Parking was a little expensive ($18 per day to self park). But it was still a good hotel in a good location

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank dwl10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Watsonville, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I traveled as a chaperone for a 15 year-old girls volleyball team. The staff at Le Meridian were exceptional from the moment we checked in. They go beyond service and are truly hospitable and did everything to make our stay as seamless as possible. They held dinner for the team one night when we didn't get done playing until after 10:30, and had a hot breakfast ready for us at 5:30 am. They remembered the type of tea I drank, and even offered to change the tire on the team bus when it had a flat. I travel frequently, and this truly is a class act.

Room Tip: My room faced the Galleria and was only a little noisy in the morning. I would ask to be facing out...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 8, 2013

July 2013 was our second time to stay at this hotel. So convenient to great shopping and eating. American Girl store and Grand Lux Restaurant are a couple of our favorites. Large, comfy rooms. Large flat screen TV that swivels to face either side of the room. Great Customer Service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Cool funky rooms - I love the ultra modern artsy feel. Staff was super nice! I was only there one night, but it was very comfortable. Wish I had time to shop and sightsee while I was there - the Galleria is literally across the street and I read about some sort of art gallery/museum/display that my room key would give me access to, that I would have liked to have seen. The surrounding area is very nice. I thought the self-parking was a little expensive. I checked in near midnight when the bar was closed, etc. and would have liked more vending machine options. The pool was lovely, but no there was no hot tub/whirlpool. I would have rated 5 stars if there had been a hot tub. Great place overall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at the Le Meridian in June 2013. It was our second visit. It is conveniently located across the street from the Galleria. There are plenty of places to shop and eat in the Galleria.
We had an upgraded room which included a separate living room and bedroom. It was very spacious and very comfortable. The hotel was clean and well maintained by the staff. The staff seems to be very helpful and friendly to all the guests. I didn't have that much of an opportunity to deal with them directly but every time I did, they seemed genuinely happy to help me.
The hotel has a bar and small restaurant. The only time we ate there was for breakfast and the breakfast was very inexpensive and was quite good. I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Chiptransisto
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed there for a combination business/pleasure trip. We had booked this through Hotwire and was our first stay at this hotel. We were a bit tentative about the way sometimes Hotwire reservations are handled by the hotels, but in this case we arrived late in the evening (11pm) and were promptly checked in and even given an upgrade to a corner suite (without requesting an upgrade!). We were given room 612 by the nice lady at checkin (unfortunately I do not remember her name, but she and her fellow front desk girl were very nice and joked around with us, even at this late hour. The property is modern, in very nice shape with a spacious lobby and a great computer area where there are about 6 iMacs ready for use, with fast internet and free printing. You don't see this kind of complimentary services in upscale chain hotels any more. Our room was a two room suite, with a very large living area and a bedroom that was a bit on the smaller size. It was very quiet....we never heard a noise during our three nights at the hotel, not from the exterior or from the halls or the lobby. The bed was nice and sheets soft. There are modern TV's in both the bedroom and living room. The bathroom was spacious, with a nice marble sink. The tub was more on the older side, but the shower had good pressure and hot water. The only two complaints about the room are: 1) the AC control was difficult....the thermostat did not seem to work very well. The AC worked fine, bringing the temperature down enough where needed, but it did do a lot of noise, and I could never get it to keep the fan on at all times just to "stabilize" the noise and not have the on/off noise wake you up. and 2) there are no drawers where to store away your clothes, there is only a closet to hand stuff, but nothing more.....we ended up opting to live out of our suitcases.
Parking is fine, the self-park charge of $18 is quite steep, but the lot is very well lit and safe. Going in and out of the parking lot is done using a magnetic card the hotel supplies you with, but other people going out of the parking lot had trouble using the machine and sometimes lines of three or four cars were formed. The location of the hotel is unbeatable, even with the construction going on in I-635, we did not have trouble driving to and from the hotel. If shopping at Galleria is your thing, then the hotel is tough to beat....maybe only the Westin AT the Galleria would be better, but why pay twice as much when you can simply cross the street from the Le Meridien into the shopping center?

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Only reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is because one morning they did not bring my breakfast to my room. The hotel bar also closes at 11 which is a tad early.
Rooms were clean, stylish and functional. Bed was really comfortable and bathroom was spacious. Service at check in and out was friendly, efficient and the doormen were great.
Would recommend this for both both business or a weekend with friends. Great location directly across from Galleria.

Green Features: You receive 500 points to your Starwood Account every time you don't have towels laundered.