“Super convienient to the Galleria”

Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Ranked #51 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I traveled with my husband to Dallas for his buisness and was pretty much stranded here for two days. We scored a great deal on the hotel on Priceline. The room was spacious and clean, but the walls seemed very thin as I could hear someone who was obviously ill coughing in another room off and on during our stay. Checking in an hour early was a breeze and we were given a room with a king sized bed. We chose the self parking option since valet was more expensive and is not that much closer to the hotel entrance. The bed was comfortable and the room had plenty of space to spread out in.

It was a very nice stay, but I found the staff I encountered and other guests were a bit snooty. It was as if everyone there was dressed to impress and there to network, no matter what the time of day. I told my husband and he agreed that the hotel had a very yuppie atmosphere and was the kind of place that Patrick Bateman from American Psycho would chose to frequent if he were a real person. I'm not knocking the place, but when I walked through the lobby in jeans and a tee to cross the street to the Galleria to shop I felt as if I stuck out like a sore thumb amongst all of the suits. I've never experienced that in any other hotel before.

If I "won" this hotel on Priceline again I would not be upset about it. The location is perfect if you are looking for something walking distance to the Galleria.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed three nights with our two pug dogs and will make this our place to stay when traveling to North Dallas. We chose a superior suite and were placed on the top floor with a nice view of Addison.

Service was discreet and efficient, the room was spotless and we greatly enjoyed breakfast downstairs. The only caveat is the parking fee and the fact they have no drawers to store clothing or else I would have rated it 5 stars as it is a tremendous value for all that space. Well done Starwood!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights with my wife and two young children (6 and 8). We landed earlier than expected at DFW and called to get an early check in and when we called from from the airport we were told "Checking in at 1 pm will not be a problem"...however when we showed up at 1 pm we were told that check in could not happen until 3 pm. Not a huge deal but after having been up with two little kids since 3:00 am we were ready for a nap. We spent the two hour wait checking out the nearby (non-Galleria) stores and the Starbucks (friendly staff by the way).

Came back at 3 pm and checked in promptly. Room as a suite, bigger than expected, two twin size beds (would have liked queens but dealt with the twins). Room had couch, counter area with stools, decent size bathroom, tv on articulating wall mount that pivots to the beds or towards the couch area. Wi-Fi is free and works ok however was spotty in our room (414) at times. One grip I have about many SPG hotels is they just put a comforter / duvet cover on the bed's and no sheets...the Sheraton I stay at a few times are year on Shanghai does this and it drives me nuts (SPG - SHEETS ARE A GOOD THING!!).

Fitness area is decent and on the lower level of the hotel right next to the indoor pool area. Pool area is fine, a bit small but during our trip my sons and I had it pretty much to ourselves. One issue was my 6 year old son got a small cut on his toe in the pool as there was a small piece object of some sort (like smaller than a pencil eraser small) we found in the bottom of the pool. My son wanted to "tell them about his cut" so my wife took him to the Manager, Jesse, to let him know about his cut as we were heading out to dinner one evening. When we came back to our room a few hours later after dinner there were four HUGE chocolate chips cookies with whipped cream, strawberries and a large glass of chilled milk...our 6 year old was excited to say the least. Was a kind and appreciated gesture and one our son mentioned at least a dozen more times during our trip to Dallas.

I cannot speak to the food at the hotel as we never ate on site, however I did grab a drink at the lobby bar and the staff was attentive and friendly. OH, you do have to pay for parking which was $18 a night for self parking or $25 a night for valet...the parking lot is literally right next to the hotel entrance...do the self parking.

Overall I would certainly stay at this location again if we are back in Dallas. Without Jesse I would have given the hotel a 4 rating but Jesse's attention to my family pushed this to a 5. The hotel was clean, rooms were good and Jesse was great.

Room Tip: Room 414 is on the 4th floor, opposite side of the elevators and near the end of a hallway and over...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at the Galleria a year ago and were very impressed by the hotel, its rooms and the service, particularly the reception team. On this trip we arrived over 12 hours late due to a flight cancellation and the welcome was not warm and friendly, with a lack of 'good morning" quite surprising. The gentleman that checked me in was aloof and impersonal and the check in process was simply robotic. The rooms are great, large and spacious, no complaints there!
Breakfast was okay, the only problem was that for the time we were there the toaster only had 1 slice working and despite me telling the wait staff on more than one occasion, nothing was done.

The barman is incredibly rude. We asked if he had heard of a restaurant we were planning to dine at that evening - he shrugged his shoulders and said "good luck" and walked off. When we ordered drinks, rather than bring them over to us as we were sitting down, he sat them on the bar and we had to go and get them.
Overall a disappointing experience after such a good stay previously.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for one night. It's perfectly passable as a business hotel, but I will definitely try the Westin or a non-Starwood property in the area before going back. This place is just blah....rooms, location, breakfast, vibe. More importantly, I had a room near the elevator (an 01 room) and those things are LOUD all night long. Also, my toilet never stopped draining, and I had to stick my hand in three times to push down the plunger.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank singtraveljunkie
Jennifer R, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us due to the noise level from the elevators. As a hotel we too recognize that they can create a noise which is disruptive for some guests and as a result we are in the process of working with our service provider to remedy this disturbance. Please know as well that we do accommodate requests for room locations to be farther away

Again thank you for letting us know how we are doing and we hope that you will provide us another opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Best regards,

Jennifer Richards

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for our girls trip to the American girl store. We reserved the jr. Suite which I prepaid for. I was torn between this one and the Westin across the street. In the end I went with the le meridian because of the decor and figured my girls would like it. This hotel is right across the street from the galleria mall which is a plus but this is the only good thing I can say. Upon check in I find out I have to put another deposit down of $75 which I found strange but no big deal. We got a room on the 9th floor... It was disgusting!!! There was some red stuff which looked like blood on curtains, stains on head board all pretty nasty. We called down and received a new room. It was no better the bathroom room doors wouldn't close this room had stains as well. I really didn't want to disappoint my girls any further so I sucked it up! We ate breakfast at the lobby/bar/ restaurant . The only table they had to sit us was right next to the front entrance which was cold. On top of that the server was rude and food not good. Please spend your money on a quality hotel and this one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa T
Jennifer R, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest

It is only through guests such as you who take the time to provide feedback that we can improve. We thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and cleanliness concerns from your visit with us. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and all of the amenities that we have to offer so when we do not meet one of our guest’s expectations we take the feedback very seriously. I have already shared the concerns you have noted regarding the drapes and headboards on the 9th floor with our Director of Housekeeping so that they can be individually inspected and concerns corrected.

If there is anything further that you wish to share with me, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know

Best regards,

Jennifer Richards

Reviewed March 19, 2013

had a lovely experience at this hotel...was not difficult to find..rooms nice and spacious...did not really frequent bar area but i must say for such a lovely hotel it was a very small bar and dining area...but the drinks were good..cant speak on food didnt eat any at hotel.staff was very helpful...airconditioner wasnt working young man came right up couldnt fix so we were promptly moved to another room...had a great experience

Room Tip: nothing to add really
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends