“Good Staff; 1st Impression of Rooms Not So Good”

Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Ranked #50 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for a business trip in Dallas. The staff was really helpful, got along with the front desk receptionist, both from California, had something to talk about. Went to my room opened the door, room was clean and modern, but stunk of cigarette smoke. Called the front desk, sent somebody up, they apologized and relocated me. Only issue was I had paid extra for a bigger room with a view and they were all booked. I understand that there is nothing they could do, but still a little disappointing. If I had my original room and didn't smell like cigarettes it would have been a 5 star stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Bill B

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This Meridien is nice. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. There was a living area with sofa. There is a very large TV and I could easily connect my iPhone iPad and watch my movies. There was a large desk / bar which was great for working and eating at. The room had two double beds in an alcove area which was perfect. I use the stay green promotion so I had a clean bed to sleep in on the 3rd and 4th nights of my stay.

The room service was very prompt. They quoted 30 minutes but both times came within about 10 - 15 minutes. The folks are all very friendly and interested in how they can be of help.

This hotel does a small thing that is HUGE to me: They have a FREE, self-serve coffee set up in the lobby every morning so on my way into the office I can grab a cuppa which I really appreciate!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was able to secure this room via Priceline for one night for $65 including taxes. It was a good deal. The hotel has a European ambience (it is the Meridien after all) which permeates the lobby, the workout facility and the rooms. We were assigned the Priceline room in that we were on a low floor and our window looked out at the interior of the hotel ( I didn't check, but I do believe there are some exterior windows). There wasn't much activity in the lobby, so our room was quiet. As noted, the room is huge, and our room had a nice couch, chair, tall table with stools, and a loft style bed. The bathroom was large with a nice sized counter top. The tub didn't drain very well, but...We ordered room service, and the delivery was quick. The food was quality, although it wasn't as hot as it should have been. I used the workout room, and it was average. Some of the televisions on the equipment didn't work very well. The pool area was indoor and looked very inviting. Again, it was reminiscent of pool areas in French hotels. I thought the bed was quite comfortable. My husband disagreed. The only downside was late that night, my husband went down to the car to retrive some items, and he said that he saw what looked to be a couple of prostitutes with their pimp coming into the hotel and going up the elevators...All this said, the hotel is in a wonderful location. It's just across the street from the Galleria and many other great shopping establishments!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night and had a very comfy stay. The staff was nice and the beds were comfy. The rooms are super modernized and so is the lobby. It's super close to the galleria (like 2 min away). We had a great stay and would stay here again if we are ever in Dallas!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Opting to go against the not so great reviews, I purchased a Groupon for this hotel. I used it for my daughter's Sweet 16 birthday weekend with friends! It was PERFECT! When we arrived, the girls were immediatly attracted to the hot pink, black and white modern decor. Upon check in I was upgraded to Platinum for the weekend for being a Starwood member, and given free breakfast for each day. The breakfast buffet was nice, but I would have been a little disappointed to pay $48.00 for 3 (but it was free for me!) The room was HUGE! Even after adding a roll away bed, we still had plenty of space for 4 teenage girls to scatter their belongings everywhere! When we requested the roll away and mini fridge, they were delivered within minutes. The bellhop accidentally spilled a water bottle while wheeling in the roll away, which was totally not a big deal. 5 minutes later he shows up with 3 bottles of water apologizing! Very unexpected! The only disappointment was the temp of the indoor pool (CHILLY) and not having a hot tub! The location being across from the Galleria was perfect! Very well lite with staff everywhere so I felt very safe with the girls! It was a perfect weekend and perfect venue for a Sweet 16! We will definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BelindaLee97
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The customer service was pretty good during my stay but this hotel is no way a 4 star hotel. I'm at a complete lost why some of the travel sites have it classified as a luxury hotel. Please don't be fooled. I know 4 star when I see it and the Le Meridien Dallas ain't it. There were a few stains on one of the bed in my suite, the door to the hotel was badly scratched, and the furniture looked worn. Again, the staff was very friendly but I expected so much more.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dnanders
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was a "just for kicks" stay and got it on Groupon and it was excellent. The room is big, bigger than I would have thought for the price. Nice updated decor. The Bed was really comfortable. Service was great. We had a voucher for free breakfast buffet, which was excellent! I would stay here again for sure.