“Great Stay!”

Ranked #56 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We went to a Cowboy game and decided to stay at this hotel after the game. My wife and I were both suprised with how much we enjoyed our one night stay. The room we stayed in was very big and clean. This hotel has a very modern look. Normally I don't like that look but this hotel looked great and it was clean. The staff was very friendly. We had breakfast in the lobby and it was outstanding.

If your staying in the Galleria area of Dallas, stay here and you won't be disspointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I ignored the bad reviews for this hotel on tripadvisor and booked it based on our previous, positive brand experience with the Le Merdien hotel group in various other cities. I am glad I did - this hotel is stylish, the rooms are very clean and the service is impeccable. Let's get one thing straight - this hotel doesn't claim to be a five star hotel, but it does deliver above and beyond its own class. We booked a premier suite, which is very spacious and has two seating areas plus a high table with bar stools, which you can use as a work desk (free wifi throughout hotel!) or dinner table. Beds are very comfy and breakfast is yummy. The couple of issues we had on the first night of our stay were dealt with politely and speedily: the TV broke down in the lounge area and it was replaced immediately - and upon our own request we got moved to a different room with no hesitation.
The front of house (Cindy + team) has been wonderful and we are very grateful to them for making our stay this enjoyable.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a hotel with great prices, stylish rooms, courteous service and with nearby shopping (1min from the Galleria shopping heaven), then book this hotel.

Room Tip: Premier suites are massive. Floors above 9th have too much A/C noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Shambles at check in ... Poor attention to basic detail and customer service. Key card not cut correctly, no-one offered to help with luggage, had to ask where the lifts were, when got to the lift (which only operated if key card inserted to get you to your floor) the lift wouldn't work (as key cards had not been cut correctly) and the doors wouldn't open so I was trapped. Pressed emergency button briefly to get attention, no-one came. Pressed again - same thing. Pressed again for c 10 seconds. Only got out when someone on higher floor summoned the lift. Excellent porter sorted things out then - took me to my room and got the keys cut. Front desk manager rang to apologise and offer bottle of wine as apology - hasn't appeared! Also tv didn't work but they were v quick to respond to that. I'm paying over $200 for this room in a 5 star hotel and so far the service has been really poor. They have 12 hours to redeem themselves!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JMHenleys
Jennifer R, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay at our hotel. As mentioned when we corresponded earlier in the week we very much value the feedback as it is the only way that we can improve the experience for our guests.

Sadly from time to time there are instances where technology does not perfom as it should and while we try to foresee these challenges clearly we were not able to avoid them during your visit.

Again, it was a pleasure to correspond with you earlier this week and I am always available if you wish to discuss anything further.

We will look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dallas area.

Best regards,

Jennifer
dallas, texas
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is nice, parking is 18/night self parking. The check in process was nice and efficient no issues, the room was very nice. The style of furniture is modern and everything appeared clean and in working condition, which is to be expected for a hotel at this price. It was presented as a four star hotel, and overall it met the expectation. There is a restaurant down stairs and the noise from the lobby fills the atrium and you can hear it when you are in your room, depending on your rooms location. The bed was very soft, which was not to my liking, and the pillows were too soft, but it was late and I didn't fee like asking for firmer pillows. The water pressure was a little low in the morning in the shower, so I didn't really get to enjoy my morning shower, but at least it was still warm. No dressers nor refrigerator or microwave, the room was very large and nicely laid out. Overall the stay was pleasant and I received the room at a great discount through priceline, so I got my monies worth, but I would not have been willing to pay the normal rate for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jfcdallas
Houston, TX
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Walking into the hotel made quite an impression on me. Lovely lobby and bar area. The check-in was quick and the staff helpful. My room was huge and modern. I don't shop, but the hotel is across the street from the Galleria! However, there are no dressers. I only stayed for 2 nights, so it wasn't a problem. A longer trip would have made this rather inconvenient. The big issue for me was the noise. The noise from the bar/lounge/restaurant area was loud (in the morning and at night). I heard breakfast dishes break (I was on the 5th floor). The evening was the worst though. If you are a light sleeper, this might not be the best place.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Beautiful rooms and wonderful customer service, and i mean everyone. Walk to the Galleria with all the finest shopping in Dallas. Great bar in lobby and Mac computers for use in lobby, Indoor pool on lower level next to fitness room is great.

Room Tip: Join the free SPG club. Starwood Prefered Guest
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
tulsa
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a top floor suite, expecting a wonderful experience. What we found was a hotel in need of remodeling and service that needs to be retooled. They have a parking system that requires a room card to activate to enter and leave. It did not work and I had to push the help button to get them to open from inside. Of course they don't just open it for you, they put you on hold while they verify that you are a guest - How did I get in in the first place??? The reason for having the parking system is to keep the Christmas shoppers out when the Galleria parking is overflowing and shoppers try topark at the hotel - GUESS WHAT, IT IS OCTOBER!!! The front desk offered to remove the $18/day parking charge, but it has not shown up on my credit card.
We spendt two nights and our room was never cleaned. When we called for fresh towels, soap and coffee at 10:30 at night upon return to our room, they brought everything but the coffee. Since they did not make an attempt to collect the towels, we had them ready when they returned with the coffee. The front desk said that they would alert the manager, but I never heard anything from them.
Around midnight, I heard someone knock on the door, but I ignored it. Shortly afterward, the phone rang and I turned it off not wanting ot be further awakened. Then the phone rang again! I was told that room service was outside my door with my order. I told them that I was asleep and did not order anything and to quit calling me. By then it was too late and I was wide awake and could not fall asleep until 3 am.
This hotel is a loser, stay away. Go there on Halloween, this place is a nightmare. I am an American Airlines Million Miler and I have never had a hotel with so much gone wrong.

Room Tip: Choose the Westin Hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank silverfox318
Jennifer R, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest

I appreciate the feedback that you have provided about your recent visit to our hotel. I must start off by apologizing to you that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our normal high standards. We take great pride in our rooms and I can assure you I will share your feedback with the team members in our housekeeping department.

The team and I also appreciate your feedback on how me may better our processes for guest requests. We do our best to provide all of our guests with the extra items that help make their stay more enjoyable and it is obvious that this time we did not succeed.

If there is anything more that you did not include in your feedback on line that you would like to share with me personally, please feel free to contact me at 214-257-6114

Thank you again for your feedback.

Best regards