“Nice pizza restaurant in West Village”
Review of The Union Bear - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Union Bear
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My wife and I went to Union Bear recently for Saturday lunch. The location is in the West Village close to multiple shops and restaurants. The restaurant has large outdoor eating area and large lower level seating area. The pizza is very thin crust - almost cracker like. There is wide selection of toppings and sizes. The beer selection is very large with focus on micro breweries. Our servers were very helpful along with the bartenders. We really enjoyed our visit to Union Bear and would go back again in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've been here a few times and really like the location and decoration. However the wait stuff sucks! I think they're trying to be the typical "hipster" by being rude. I cannot stand a rude waiter and unfortunately all three of them have been very rude. Last night was the final straw with our waiter Mark. After sitting for 7 minutes without a drink order he finally came over. He came to our table for a total of 3 times and when he asked my wife how the food was he rolled his eyes.

The food is so so. The extremely light crust is decent for watching your carbs but for a much better pizza and dining experience I will continue to go to Campania one block north on Mckinney.