“We'll keep the son and daughter-in-law a little longer.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #723 of 3,560 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Spring Branch, Texas
“We'll keep the son and daughter-in-law a little longer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

A few months ago, the aforementioned son and daughter-in-law had come to Dallas to see a concert. They had driven some 570 miles from Brownsville to Dallas and were using our condo for the weekend. They stopped in Aboca after they arrived because they needed a little something before the concert to fill their tummies. They told my wife about it, but she didn't mention it because, for us, Italian cuisine is not our favorite. Tonight, upon arriving from San Antonio, she mentioned this place, and we decided to go.

First, we had the Calamari Fritti. We always order this when we eat at the Silver Sage in Canyon Lake. Aboca's Calamari was plentiful, lightly fried, and the marinara sauce, from which I almost always abstain was not acidic and was very pleasant tasting.

My wife ordered the Aboca Pasta with shrimp and I had the Alfredo Pasta with shrimp. Both entrees were delicious. We were both stuffed by the time the meal was over and neither of us could finish the pasta. Of course, eating two loaves of bread with olive oil didn't help. The only thing that I didn't like about the meal, but that was taken care of by my wife's generosity, was that there were no capers in the Alfredo pasta. We were too stuffed to have dessert. I was eyeballing the Cannolli lasciviously but just couldn't handle it.

All in all, everything was nearly perfect and if our younger ones continue to spot good places to eat like this, we'll keep them around a little longer.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank VEPGHP09

dallas
“More than "Just Lunch"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

You can always find a delicious surprise for you taste buds here at the Meadow Central Aboca's. Even if you don't normally eat a certain food, like maybe eggplant, you will become addicted if you eat it here. I always have to take an extra order home for later.... It is so affordable, I may never cook again!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank DallasFoodDiva
Dallas, Texas
“Incredible Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've eaten in many strip center restaurants - Aboca's was amazing. I didn't expect the quality of food or the excellent taste. The menu was extensive enough to be able to try several of my favorites on many times we've been there. We keep taking friends there to surprise them too - even just for coffee and dessert.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mike M
Dallas, Texas
“Great value and good people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Been to Aboca many times, Chef owned and operated, BYOB always reasonable prices, good food and portions. The eggplant, osso buco and risotto and lamb rack all really good as well as the reliable Italian food.

• Visited November 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Simply Fabulous food and passionate waiter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were staying in the neighborhood and we went to the nearest recommended restaurant. We found a gem! The food was fantastic, and our waiter clearly had a passion for the food and wanted to share it with the customers. The bread and oil appetizer is incredible! We could not have asked for a better experience.

Visited November 2013