“Favorite store!”

Denton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Favorite store!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

An adventure that makes grocery shopping fun! I love their produce section and the breads are addictive. My favorite

1 Thank Loyce W

Houston, Texas, United States
“The best supermarket in the University Park”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love the fresh fruit and cooked food here! You can try lots of food before you buy, such as fruit, wine, bread, coffee, cooked food, etc. I am full when I leave here, haha. The chief special grill shrimp is my favorite! Love Dallas more!

Dallas, Texas, USA
“Central Market”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love Central Market. They have organic & locally gown choices and they are cheaper than Whole Foods!

Visited September 2013
New Jersey
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Texas' best thing”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Central Market is a wonder. It is a large, comfy, beautiful, welcoming high-end grocery purveyor with several stores in Texas. If you are coming here from the northeast, think Wegman's and Whole Foods on steroids!

The produce selection is huge, and displays are thoughtful and lovely. Bananas are organized for eating in 3-4 days, 1-2 days, and ready now. The diversity of produce offerings is fabulous. Likewise, there are gorgeous and varied offerings at the fish and meat counters: the largest and most interesting I've ever seen, with extremely helpful folk manning the counters. My pet peeve is that there is never enough "fresh, wild-caught" fish, but there is plenty here, including Gulf shrimp.

We were able to find some French cheese that we never could get at our local markets; the cheese section is amazing! Bakery -- terrific! Oils and vinegars -- great! Organic selection -- very complete!

If you find yourself in Texas, this is by far the only "don't miss" attraction!

Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas, USA
“Organic Food at Non-organic prices”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For those interested in fresh and healthy produce look no further. Central market procures it's stock from local farmers which helps offer fresher food at lowered costs compared to other competitors. Be sure to check out the fish and meat section - the choices are phenomenal. They also have pre-assembled, pre-cooked and cooked meals sections, so depending on how your culinary skills or mood is, you have a source of healthy meal. The dessert and cheese section deserve a mention too. In addition it is vegan, gluten-free and a bunch of specialty food-friendly. Note, you will not find your typical selection of packaged products that you get in regular stores such as Target, Kroger etc.

Btw while you're out there, be protective of your phones. My wife's got picked from her purse while shopping. Although we were able to track it and get it back using Find my iPhone program, the cameras in the store have plenty blind spots and are not powerful enough to identify faces. The detective we worked with told us 3-5 phones get stolen every week from there since people are so distracted while shopping. So while you're immersing in the extraordinary shopping experience, don't neglect your valuables.

PS: Check out their house wines. Merlot and Chardonnay both priced under $3.