“Early Dinner and Drinks”
Review of Sundown at Granada

Sundown at Granada
Reserve with OpenTable
Sundown at Granada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #424 of 3,599 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Sundown at Granada, a Lower Greenville neighborhood beer garden and restaurant is the brainchild of Mike Schoder, Owner & Operator of the historic Granada Theater. Sundown will be strategically located next door to the live music venue at 3520 Greenville Avenue. The venue also includes a double decker patio. A selection of 60+ beers and specialty cocktails will compliment the chef-driven casual menu which will be overseen by Granada Theater Head Chef, Patrick Stark. With a background in music, resort and hotel business, Mike has built the Granada Theater philosophy on catering to its customers. You can expect the same kind of great customer service as you would at the Granada Theater. Sundown at Granada will be a great place to meet up with friends, enjoy a delicious meal or unwind at happy hour.
Dallas, Texas
“Early Dinner and Drinks”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stopped by with my boyfriend for a drink and a quick bite. We sat outside on the patio. The menu is quite different and the beer selection is awesome. Service was quick and couldn't complain. I go by for drinks whenever I am in the area for live music with no cover.

Visited April 2013

United States
“Great, wild menu!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was very fresh and unique. Hard to 'label' the type of food. I had an Indian dish that was excellent and my dinner mates had completely different fare that they also liked. After dinner, we staked out a couple of couches on the roof bar and enjoyed the people watching and the large outside projection screen.

Visited July 2013
dallas
“Hits and misses.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Sunday brunch was our first time at Sundown so there are certainly other times where experiences could differ greatly. We were seated within a few minutes of our arrival and the service always came with a smile and was prompt. My son and I had the Sundown Burger while my wife had the Free Bird after starting with a salad. The Granada Greens salad was very nice and fresh with sliced cucumber and a nice piece of goat cheese. I recommend it even at $9, which seems a bit high. I had a bite of the Free Bird. It was tasty and I would also recommend it. The Sundown Burger was a disappointment. The root beer onions and cheese are too sweet and overwhelm the burger. The meat was mild and needed seasoning so it kind of disappeared among the sweet additions. Maybe if you had them hold the onions and ad jalapenos it would be better. The sweet potato fries are well done. Overall even though Sundown tries to have something for everyone from carnivore to vegan, the choices seemed a little limited. The draft beers I had were good and fresh but a bit pricey at $6.50 per glass. A better burger and one more choice for carnivores would have earned the place 4 stars.

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great neighborhood beer joint”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Local beers on tap: check. Happy hour specials on Texas beer and wine: check. Food much better than necessary at a beer garden: double check. Live music: check. Great spot, patio or inside...or even upstairs. Though, no food service upstairs (bummer). Would eat there several times a week if I was so inclined. Great vegetarian options, too.

Visited May 2013
Dallas, TX
“A Tale of a Terrible Evening”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for a couple of weeks now. I went to Sundown at the Granda with three girlfriends before the Bob Schneider show next door. To say it was awful would be an understatement. Let me go through the mutliple missteps this restaurant had that evening. I arrived first in our group and approached the hostess stand to put my name on the list. She at first refused to even put my name on it because my party was not complete. I asked the wait time and she said 45 mins and I assured her my friends would be here in 10 minutes or so. She relunctantly and with an attitude, put my name down, but quoted me an hour since my party was not there. Whatever at this point. She honestly was very rude. I proceed to the bar to get a drink while I wait. I wait and wait. Finally make eye contact with a bartender and ask for a drink menu. I decide on my drink and order. And wait and wait. I see mutliple other people get drinks. About 10 minutes later, I am finally able to make eye contact again and she tells me ohh yeah, i thought someone else was making it. Please... So I finally get my drink after maybe twenty minutes. It is real fun to sit at a bar all by myself without even a drink, let me tell you. My friends arrive. We decide to order the cheese plate. Don't waste your time. It was like $16 and you only got two small things of cheese, some grapes, and some weird cracker things. Not worth it. We get paged for our table. Let me say now we never had a real problem with our waitress she was fine. And our food at dinner was fine. Really good in fact, which was a shame that this restaurant service sucks. Ohh about their wine - they need to keep better stock. I asked for two different types of reds that they were out of. Not the biggest deal, but kinda annoying. After we ate, we gave our cards to our waitress and waited and waited. We see her and someone else looking all over the floor by another table and think it is weird, but think nothing of it. We just want our checks to go to the show next door. The waitress comes back and says so I lost your card to one of my friends. Great... She just says sorry, we are looking for it. My friend obviously is upset as this is her card and is just missing all the sudden. My other friend is resourceful and gets up and goes looking around. She is smart enough to go check near the machines they use to swipe the cards. Of course my friend finds the card. Day is saved. At this point, so many things have happened, I ask to please see the manager. He comes over and I list out the grievances I have. He really has nothing to say for himself, does not offer any sort of compensation for my friend who had her card almost lost, and just looks at us like umm sorry. Several other tables around us pipe in and say they have had terrible service as well. In the end, the manager did not charge my friend who lost the card for her meal. He really took no responsbility for any of the issues we had that evening.

In conclusion to this long review, I will not be going back to Sunset at the Granda.

• Visited March 2013