“Top Choice for Independent Movies”

Dallas Angelika Film Center
Ranked #7 of 37 Fun & Games in Dallas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Top Choice for Independent Movies”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

There are actually two locations - one in Dallas, and one in Plano. Both consistently have a slate of excellent independent and foreign films. Seats are comfortable, concessions are good, and there's ample free parking nearby for both. Plus, each has a number of good restaurant choices nearby.

Visited September 2013

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Trip to the Angelika”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went to the movies here for the first time. I loved it. Theater nice and roomy, seats comfortable and stadium style. Also loved the coffee and wine bar and that matinee prices are in effect until 5:30 PM.

Visited November 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love this place”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is definitely my favorite theater in Dallas. I love that they do free showings of things like Walking Dead and Dr. Who. This month they've been having Hitchcocktober, where every Thursday they show another Hitchcock movie on the patio.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MCov
Zhengzhou, China
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Absolutely, Positively Enticing”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Trying to make myself a more cultured Texan, I started going to the Angelika during my high school years. I would still say this is one of my favorite film centers I've ever experienced. Film selections are above par, and atmosphere is so lovely. I can honestly say this is one of the places I miss most in Texas.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank thekuskafa
Dallas, Texas, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good alternative to the large market theaters”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Interesting films selections are always on hand and the theaters are comfortable. It is a small area so weekend nights tend to be a bit crowded but that can be said for anywhere in Dallas.
Reasonably priced beer and wine (for theater standards) and the cafe on the lower floor has good baked items and coffee.

This place is worth your time in my opinion.

Visited July 2013