“If you like breakfast, heat/cooling, and hate bad smells”

Best Western Northwest Inn
Ranked #96 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
San Antonio, United States
“If you like breakfast, heat/cooling, and hate bad smells”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you can relate to the title then don't stay here. I will never go back to this hotel again. When we entered the hotel it smelled like a dirty wet mop. The alarm clock in the room was broken, and after informing the manager he did nothing about it. The breakfast was not vegetarian friendly, and the waffles were terrible (raw on the inside). The pillows looked like they we made for very small children, and on the second night the heater went our in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternDallas, Manager at Best Western Northwest Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Greetings – Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach us directly at (214) 353-8774 if I can be of any assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was yummy. I will stay here again when I am in the area. The staff was very nice, and always smiled in hallways and elevators. I would recommend it to my friends and family. Not far from Gas Monkey Bar & Grill from Fast and Loud.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel is close to lots of dining - I35 is just a few blocks down the road and it will take you anywhere - close to downtown Dallas - sporting events are not far - staff is very friendly - You can have girls night out and on your return, feel safe at this hotel . I've stayed here many times and have always be treated great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I booked this room at the last minute. Not knowing the Dallas area, we selected it based on being closest to where we would be spending most of our time, free parking, and breakfast provided.

The hotel is clean and well maintained. There were no issues with the room. King sized bed, small work desk, sofa, fridge, microwave, and decent size bath.

We saw four or five staff members during our stay. Not one spoke to us unless we spoke to them first (this may be cultural). When spoken to, each was polite and professional when replying. We just thought it would've been nice to be greeted with a 'Welcome to...' when we walked in to register as opposed to "do you have a reservation?'

The breakfast was more than sufficient: pastries, juice, cereals, oatmeal, waffles, breakfast enchiladas, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, apples. However, the food wasn't kept well stocked. A staff member would walk through and refresh eggs - but leave without re-stocking the apples or yogurts. Perhaps they were out - but that could indicate lack of preparation (or it could have been a delivery issue from the supplier - which of course, the hotel can't be held responsible for).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stay here often. It's always clean, everything works, and the staff are truly caring and accommodating. Breakfast and internet are included. Since I'm here on business, that helps me get an early start. In summer, the low-chlorine pool is a real treat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I been staying in this hotel for over 5 years by now,they never disappoint me with their service and hospitality.Great location,good price and tons of amenities.

This is a great location right of the Interstate 35E, and there are tons of restaurants and gas stations literally walking distance, hotel has,Free Breakfast(decent good breakfast), Free Parking,Free Wi-Fi(good strong connection),Swimming Pool,Laundry on Premise, Average Fitness center(treadmill,weights,chest machine),Free Cable and almost 60 Tv Channels,Flat screen HD tv,and very hospitable manager on duty 24/7.

It is a reasonable hotel for this much amenities, I am staying there already since 5 years whenever I am in Dallas for my work. Obviously that gives me little advantage over the pricing.

The manager/owner is living in the hotel so this is their own work,that makes it extra hospitable from their end. They always offer me a cup of Indian Chai Tea very delicious and different.

The rooms are clean and beds are in great conditions.The rooms are relatively large comparing the other hotels that I stayed. There are shampoo,conditioner and soap in the rest rooms along with hair dryer. There is also Iron and Iron board in each room.

If you are looking decent clean and safe hotel with competitive price this is your hotel, I strongly recommend that you try it.Have a nice stay :-)

Silk Road Traveller

Room Tip: This is right of the Hwy but relatively very quite area so I never had any noise issue. I stayed bot...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Spring, Texas, Usa
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It is convenient to my office. The room furnishings were sub-standard. Breakfast was below average. At $69/night, it was about what I expected. I will say that the check-in person was accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business