Howard Wang's Uptown China Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Howard Wang's Uptown China Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #477 of 3,738 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cole/Carlisle
Transit: Local Bus Route 51 & M line Trolley.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was visiting Dallas and read the reviews and tripadvisor, and decided to give it a try. The food and service was outstanding! I am just sorry that they don't have one where I live. And that I wasn't in Dallas longer so I can eat there again! I ordered the Spicy Sichuan Steamed Wonton and they wer spicy and delicious! I also had the Chicken in Garlic Sauce and it was the best I have ever had!

1  Thank signmeu

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Delicious well-prepared food. My gauge for a Chinese restaurant is one of three dishes: chow fun, Peking duck, or moo shoo. I got all three and all were superb. The chow fun noodles were extra wide and had that great chewy yummy texture. The Peking duck had moist meat and extra crispy skin. The moo shoo had a great variety of vegetables, not just shredded slaw that other places pass off as moo shoo. The flavors were robust without overwhelming the palate. I will definitely return.

2  Thank monica_k840
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The HW on Midway and NW Highway is right down the street from where we live and it is our "go to" place when we want something Chinese. Good quality ingredients well prepared. Decent wine list, nice atmosphere. The waitstaff is friendly and attentive. There are just so many bad Chinese restaurants out there - HW is an exception. Not the most authentic, but where are you going to get really authentic Chinese in Dallas anyway.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, good food and drinks, good service. We really enjoyed it. My only negative side would be that they took too long to bring food.
I would recomend it!!

2  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We planned ahead and purchased and used a Travelzoo coupon for dinner on a trip to Dallas. The coupon was honored with no problems (some experiences with coupons are less than exceptional - Howard Wangs was). Each dish we ordered tasted wonderful. We started with soft shell crab tempura and pot stickers. The sauces were great. Our mains were the Chilean sea bass and the Bul-go-gi. Both dishes had unique flavors and were presented beautifully. This was not the standard Chinese where everything looks and tastes the same with almost identical sauces for each dish. Each dish had its own flavor and was excellent. Desserts were limited to ice cream, but that was OK since the meal was so good. We would go back to Howard Wang's Uptown if we were in Dallas again. The building has complimentary parking for guests of the restaurant.