“Great fried chicken”

Babe's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #373 of 3,738 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'd been to one of the other restaurants previously.....so knew what to expect. Great fried chicken, a mountain of sides and friendly service, this restaurant was no exception.
We both chose the chicken tenders, which are served beautifully crisp and hot but not at all greasy. There are other steak, chicken and fish options available. Sides were very tasty and unlimited portions. I particularly enjoyed the mash and the creamed corn, however you do also get biscuits, gravy, greens and beans. It's definitely a place to arrive hungry!
Service was very friendly and the atmosphere is extremely relaxed. 2 meals with 2 soft drinks came to $27, which is reasonable considering the portion sizes. Would happily go back.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

After hearing so much about this place, we had to try it out on a recent visit to Dallas. We were blown away by the food, both the quantity and quality. While it is not fancy, it was great. The family style servings were both fresh and bountiful. We tried the fried chicken (naturally) and the chicken fried steak. We could only finish about half of the meat. 4 freshly fried, juicy and crispy pieces of chicken - delicious. The chicken fried steak filled half of the plate. To add to the experience, you can do the "hokey-pokey" with the staff. The staff was friendly and worked harder than any other place I have eaten. Even the manager hustles. He stopped by our table to make sure we had a good experience. Do nit miss this place.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I think i died and went to heaven. Light angelic biscuits. Crispy but not oily fried chicken. Creamed corn to die for and mashed potatoes to smother your mouth. Back in the Inited Arab Emirates now and dreaming of how to get back to Babes!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I love southern cooking, and this place did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and the food was better. I love the character of the place, it looks like the inside of a chicken coop. I have been craving their chicken since I left the state. Great for families and love that you get to take the left over meat home. I will be back again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was absolutely the best southern foodIi have every had.
Everything is served family style, but all the sides are all you can eat! Amazing food and great staff. Be aware it is B.Y.O.B. Yes Bring Your Own Booze, but even with that I will go back in a heart beat. And all this for under $20 a person.
Go, you won't be sorry.