“Worth a Trip”

Princi Italia
Ranked #565 of 3,594 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waco, TX
“Worth a Trip”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant several months ago with a group of ladies when attending a business meeting in Dallas. We all agreed the food was excellent--we all had something different and not one of us was disappointed. I was so impressed that my husband and I returned last week prior to flying out of DFW. Once again, we were incredibly impressed. Our pasta dishes were fantastic--I had chicken meatballs and my husband had the four cheeses ravioli. I would highly recommend the pistachio gelato for dessert--superb! It is such a pleasure to find an excellent locally owned Italian restaurant that we will again make the 100 mile trip to eat here.

• Visited April 2013

Tyler, Texas
“Our new Favorite”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have been searching for anew Italian restaurant for several years and this is IT. I have been here for lunch 3 times (always enjoyable). Saturday night we tooka group of eight and were very pleased. MY husband and I arrived at 6:45 and told them we had a party of eight coming and they made up a table and seated us even though the others had not arrived. all through the evening the service was friendly and professional. The wine was very good as were the appetizers-calamari & shrimp and flatbread. Their bruschetta is also delicious. All of the entres were very good-- salmon, trout, and fettucine di mare (wonderful!). For dessert we had chocolate lava cake (yummy!) and gelato.It was an excellent meal. The only negative thing I can say is that it is very noisy at night.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lynhart
“Never Disappointed, but you must appreciate food!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

First off, let me start by saying, I pride myself in being a food and wine connoisseur! I know the difference in good food and bad! I have eaten at places all over the globe and do not tolerate poorly prepared food. This place does not disappoint! I have been here multiple times and have ordered several wines and dishes every time. Their wine list isn't extensive, but the wines they carry are higher quality. They give you a nicely portioned glass and most of the waiters can pair wines perfectly! The food is fabulous! Different than your typical chain Italian restaurant, but that is why I love this place! The food is fresh, never greasy, and uses only the best ingredients. This a place you must get multiple courses from! The pizzas are delicious. The chicken piccata is my all time favorite! Their wedding soup is very tasty, and the desserts are divine. Now, I have not tried their steak yet, so I cannot comment on how it's prepared. I will say if you are an Olive Garden fan and like your pizza from Papa Johns, this place is not for you.

Another thing I cannot, under any circumstances, stand in a restaurant is bad service. I have been here multiple times for lunch and dinner, and generally, I am very impressed with the service I receive. I will say that my favorite waiter there is Michael. He usually only works at night, but I highly recommend him! You can't miss him. He looks just like Clark Kent/Superman! He has studied wine and knows how to pair everything on their menu perfectly! Every waiter here is polite, efficient, and gives good advice about their menu. They are not the kind of waiters that waste your time talking nonsense and interrupting your dinner.

I will close with this. If you love a well prepared meal and higher end wine, this is your place to go! If you care more about what your waiters look like and how much money the restaurant has put into cheesy decor, this is not for you. Hopefully, everyone of you will have the same great experience I have had time and time again!

Addison, Texas
“Great Food; Good Service, No Reservations (boo)”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

PRO: Nice, modern takes on classical Italian and some newer menu items with something for everyone..pastas, risottos, meat, fish and vegetarian. Service is professional and friendly. Prices reasonable given the quality, location and popularity. Daily specials are usually a v. good deal. Attractive --bistro looking place with open pizza oven area. Dress code everything from trendy 30 somethings to staid 50+ also sometimes kids. CONS: Noise level can be a bit hair-raising at weekends. I wish this place took reservations--if it did I'd be inclined to go more often but Dallasites will stand in clumps at the door in weather fair and foul. It means I'll not venture there at weekends with a group of 4 + between 7-9 pm.

• Visited February 2013
New Jersey
“Much better than I expected”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We happened to be in the neighborhood, and in our never ending quest to find decent Itailian food in Dallas thought we's give it a try. So glad we did! Surpased our expectations! Service a little spotty at first, but really picked up and became quite good. But the food was the star! My fetttucini del mare was excellent, as was the wine suggested by waitstaff. We had mussels that were also fantastic, as was the arrabiata sauce and chicken piccata. The raviloi was a pretty stingy portion, but still delicious. Saturday night, and it got pretty crowded, we were glad we came early. Will definately be back!

• Visited February 2013