“Much more than meets the eye”
Review of Princi Italia

Princi Italia
Ranked #601 of 3,609 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Much more than meets the eye”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Located in a strip mall--this place was very good. Very tasty Italian dishes at reasonable prices. Our waiter was very good as well. Had the best muscles I ever tasted. Interesting menu--highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012

Dallas, Texas
“terrible terrible terrible”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have eaten there 4 times in the last 30 days because its in the neighborhood,but,no more!

The pizza is either underdone ,burned or doesnt have the toppings you ordered.The service is awful and the manager is clueless.The gnocchi was good but the sauce was ordinary.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank TravelLikeaStar
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to take your kids”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We've been to Princi Italia a couple of times now and it will likely make our "rotation".

I like the big open room with the small stand-up bar. Both times we have been here the place has been jumping with activity. Of course, with a big open room and a lot of activity, you have a lot of noise. That's why this is a good place to take your kids. They can get pizza or pasta, the adults can get something more sophisticated, and the noise level will drown out most mayhem the kids could create. Of course, this only works if you get there early, because after 6:30 there will be a wait and Princi does not take reservations. Still, the bar scene make the wait worthwhile if you've left the kiddos at home. They have a nice patio, but in August in Dallas, it's hard to endure. Interestingly, there were some patio table occupied when we were there.

Both times I have been to Princi I have seen several things on the menu that I wanted, but both times I was persuaded into having an off-menu special. This last time it was a ragu of wild boar with restaurant made gnocci. It was way to muich to finish, but I finished it anyway because it was so good. My wife had chicken piccata. She said it was fine, but did not rave. My wife's sister had the scallops which looked awesome (one of the menu items that always tempt me). She said they were great.

Princi has a lot of interesting wines by the glass including a lot of Italian selections. They waiter tried to push bottles, but had us figured correctly in that it was less expensive to go with a bottle than multiple glasses.

Our service was great. Our waiter was there when we needed him, but he was not overbearing. The meal was paced properly, and we were not presssured to give up our table as we finished our wine, even though the crowd at the bar was 2 deep.

Minor gripes: At this price point an Italian place ought to have bread service. The appetizer flatbread is good, and they sell a ton of them. What a profit center! While I like the energy of the place, at some point during dinner it became almost impossible to hear my sister in law across the table. This is partly a result of too many birthdays and too much Rock N Roll, but it was very noisy.

Overall, this is good choice with kids or for a night out when you forgot to or didn't make reservations and don't mind a glass or two of wine at the bar. It 's a lively scene with better than average food.

• Visited August 2012
Plano, Texas
“Terrible food, terrible management”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

If the kitchen staff can not get a steak temperature right, it shouldn't be on the menu! I have never had to send my steak back 2 times in my entire life! First one was rock-hard burned over-well-done and then the 2nd one was super-rare cold cheap piece of meat. Our water never got refilled and rude waiters kept bumping to our chairs.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank nfard11
Tyler, Texas
“Bistro atmosphere -great food”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Salads were great. Wood fired pizza excellent! Entree of salmon & asparagus very good. Did not like original wine selection & it was graciously changed