“A Very Texas "hip-hop" Brunch”
Review of The Common Table

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 19, 2019

I heard amazing things about this restaurant as a great brunch option. I have yet to find any brunches here in Dallas that echo the same energy or vibe as a Brookyln, DC, or Atlanta brunch. The common table is one of few restaurants that puts its hat in the "hip-hop" brunch game. Again, while this brunch doesn't echo the vibrant energy found ad hip hop brunches in other major city it is a pretty nice space with decent music and good food. Don't expect a roaring restaurant filled with young professionals signing their hearts out to their favorite 90s R&B ballad but you can expect good food and a nice time. They have an okay mimosas deal available in 3 really great flavors. The food offerings are very Texas with lots of bbq options for brunch!

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 3, 2019

Business trip. We really had a bad experience with a close restaurant, so we wanted to make up for dessert. I had the peach crust and my friend the doughnut wholes with Nutella. Amazing.

2 days after, I wanted to give it a try with the menu now with some friends and family. I had the chicken soup and the turkey wrap. They were really good. The rest of the table had several dishes and everybody was really happy. I tried the chicken with pasta.

The music was a little bit too loud.

Totally recommend it again

1  Thank Guz V
Reviewed January 18, 2019

Had lunch with colleagues, and loved the atmosphere and the food. The service was good, even though one of our entrees came out incorrect. The server was able to quickly tell us which items on the menu were GF. Unfortunately, we weren't there in the right season to sit out on the patio, but it looked like a really great spot during warmer weather.

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Sunday brunch was good overall. Had the chicken fried steak and the portions are humongous! The chicken & waffles are a big hit as well! Music was loud, but definitely a great selection of old school hip hop! Would have given one more star if the hostess was a bit more patient with our large party arriving for our reservation! She was a bit rude & kept trying to give away our seats, even though over half our party was there!

Reviewed December 11, 2018

the food here is very good, but it is always packed and noisy. it is not a place i would go for a meal with conversation, but I repeat, the food is good. so if you are just looking for a "quick bite", and the conversation factor is not critical, I think you will be pleased.

Date of visit: September 2018