“Best Salsa Hands Down”
Review of Wild Salsa

Wild Salsa
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Salsa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 3,897 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Paul
Description: The idea behind "Wild Salsa" began with a need to bring authentic cultura Mexicana and cuisine to downtown Dallas. In the Texas spirit, we wanted to create a restaurant that brought together pride, celebration and bold flavor for an experience that is truly deliciosa.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had low expectations going into this restaurant, as I have not had positive experiences with the food at Mexican restaurants in Dallas. However, their green salsa was hands down the best salsa I've ever had in my life, and I have eaten at my fair share of Mexican restaurants being from Houston. It tastes like a tomatillo salsa, heavy on the garlic. The chips were also fresh out of the frier and delicious.

I got a torta for lunch, which I would not recommend. It was pretty small and plain and the bread was on the greasy side. I had a side of tortillas and they weren't anything the write home about either. However, the chips and salsa more than made up for the lackluster entree. I would definitely return, but try something else next time.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was in Dallas for a conference that my company was putting together. After a long day, we needed a tasty place that could accommodate a large group. I stumbled upon Wild Salsa while doing an internet search for best margaritas in Dallas. The article named Wild Salsa as the downtown Dallas pick. They accepted our reservation for 11 at the last minute, which was a huge plus.

I was really surprised when I walked in as the atmosphere is really cool. Part of the wall was all patron tequila bottles (think brick wall, but with tequila bottles) The decor was interesting and the place had a bit of an upscale feel for tex mex.

I picked three tacos, al pastor, tongue, and beef barbacoa and while it came with rice and beans I also got a side of jicama slaw. The food was beautifully presented. Salsa came in metal bowls and other fancy touched.

Everyone loved their food and of course the margaritas, but the surprising part was how inexpensive it was. Maybe I'm used to east coast prices, but the prices were comparable to run of the mill, some what cheesy tex-mex places at home, while this place has a cool, downtown vibe.

Also, we had seen a wooden trunk type thing when we first walked in and on our way out, we jokingly asked what it was. To our amazement, they opened it and it was a cooler full of paletas (mexican popsicles). Awesome!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I live in Dallas.This was my first visit to Wild Salsa. First of all, parking is difficult so expect the $7.00 valet if you don't want to search for parking. It was a nice, loud, and a fun atmosphere. We had the Wild Queso which was good. Had a margarita which was good but pricey for the size ($12.00) Had the fajitas that were good but not smoking hot and again, priced high for what you get. So, I guess I can't say anything bad about this place except for the it is expensive for what you get. But if you are prepared for that or money is not an issue, you will enjoy it.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I live in Dallas but have never heard of this place. It is right in Downtown Dallas on Main street!
We had the Wild Queso which was delicious but pricey for a small bowl! ($10.00) Also had the Top Tier Margarita which was also pretty good and strong but small for the price ($12.00) For our entree I ordered the shrimp and beef fajitas. They were good but not excellent. Traditionally, you have hot, smoking fajitas come out and these were not, it was as if they had sat there a while. They had a good flavor, but very small sides, for the price. ($18.50) I didn't feel I got my monies worth. So.... The food was good, not great, and the prices were high for what you get! Would I go back? Probably not.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The mushroom taco and fish taco were out of this world. I actually asked if they have a cookbook. I would pay for a cookbook just for the recipe for those two items!! The flavors were just amazing. The ambiance was really cool. The waiter was very friendly. Awesome!!

Been to Wild Salsa? Share your experiences!