“June 14-16”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field
Ranked #15 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“June 14-16”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff was totally awesome! They truly showed care and concern for me and my bff. The room was good. Beds and pillows were not too bad but not as comfy compared to other locations. The room and building appeared to be in clean/good condition. The parking lot had adequate lighting at night and all entrances and exits were secure. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ariedelie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Indonesian first
Kingston, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a really nice clean hotel. The price was fantastic and breakfast is included. I have one negative. The attendant tending to breakfast changed the trash without gloves and then proceeded to prep and fill the breakfast bar. That grossed me out.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tetrisz54
tomhogfan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have to say Tripadvisor steered me in the right direction with this hotel. Only a couple of years old, everything still has that "new" look to it. The location is right in the middle of an industrial sector, so nothing is within walking distance. Luckily, they have a "carry out" bistro that you can order really good food from if you want to stay out of the traffic. The location is a big plus as a lot of attractions and restaurants are just a few miles away, not to mention easy access to the Freeway system. Even though we were next to the Freeway, the walls and windows were insulated enough that the traffic was barely audible.

A minus was the air conditioning. It wasn't very hot the week we stayed, yet we could never get the room cold enough. There is a thermostat that you can set the temperature, but obviously it's just to make you feel like you have control. I could hear the compressor cycle off when it wasn't nearly at the set temperature.

The only other minus was out of the staff's control and that was the outdoor swimming pool temperature too cold for my family's comfort. If we could only swap the A/C temp and pool temp! :)

Overall, it was still a very good stay for me and my family.

Room Tip: If you want the best view, I'd suggest staying on the East side so you can view the Dallas skyli...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tomhogfan
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Breakfast was decent and the rooms were large and comfortable for a very low price. The only thing I didn't like very much is that room service did not come and clean the room or make the beds but other than that no complaints.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nesha512
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

for the $100 average rate, the hotel has a good value. Very Clean rooms, updated facilities and fast wifi connection with optional faster wired ethernet. Location is also perfect, not too noisy and yet a central to wherever you'd like to do in dallas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas D
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during a business trip to Dallas. The room was excellent and the food was acceptable. However, I was disgusted by their arrangement with unlicensed private cab drivers who routinely overcharge passengers to cover the cost of kickbacks they give to hotel employees who call them whenever a guest requests a taxi.

An employee told me a cab ride to downtown Dallas would cost roughly $25. He then called a private cab who charged me exactly $25 for a 5 minute ride. This was the first clue that something was amiss.

On the way back, I called Yellow Cab and paid less than $13, which confirmed that I had been overcharged by the first driver. When confronted, the manager shamelessly told me that while the practice is unethical, it is common practice in the hotel business. I explained to him that as his guest I had placed my trust in him and his staff, and never expected that they would have a side deal with unlicensed (and probably uninsured) cab drivers at my expense. He seemed totally fine with what they were doing, while, at the same time, agreeing with me that the practice "looks and feels dirty!"

I now need to take another shower after writing this review.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Romi364
JCSam12, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
We are glad to hear that we provided you an excellent room and the food served was acceptable, but sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the services. We are a limited service hotel and do not have a concierge service. Our front desk assistants are available 24hrs 7 days a week to serve our customers as needed. We gladly assist our valued guests with varied requests that can be accommodated within the hotel policies and limitations. We do call cabs or taxis upon requests for guests or provide with the information of all the available resources for the guests. It is up to the guests, to decide whether to use a particular taxi or cab and agree with the cab company or the service provider the service charges. We as a hotel are not involved and neither has negotiated with any cab company or personnel for any such services. We certainly do not encourage or support any unethical or any unsafe practicing businesses