“Excellent Stay for Spring Break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field
Ranked #9 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Stay for Spring Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

A family of 5 stayed at this location during the week of spring break. Coming from Austin, I am unfamiliar with Dallas in general and was really taking a chance not knowing the location. It turns out, the location wasn't bad at all. Yes, it is in a business park and most rooms face the Enterprise rental trucks or an office building, but you really don't come to Dallas for the views. We had room 419 and 421. You can see downtown from 421.

With a 15 yr. old daughter, and an 18 yr. old son, it's hard to find hotel accommodations that will allow my wife and myself one bed, my daughter a bed, and my son a bed. At the last minute, my son decided to bring a friend. This made things even more difficult. We decided to go for the Embassy suites with a 2 bdrm. 2 bath with 2 full beds, 1 king and a sleeper for $257 a night. This seemed like our only option. This still meant 5 people in a single space. When I found this La Quinta, I almost thought it was too good to be true. It was $109 a night for a double bed room. Problem solved. I was able to get two separate rooms for $218 a night for both rooms. Cheaper than the Embassy. When we arrived, I thought that maybe they wouldn't be able to put us close together, but the front desk was more than helpful. In fact, everyone there was top notch. Our first night there was my daughters birthday. She opened a gift and what do you know...we forgot the batteries. I called the lobby late night and asked if they had batteries for sell. The maintenance man brought some up within minutes at no charge!! That really made our stay.
In summary, the rooms are clean, as well as the hotel itself. It has a small but decent gym, laundry room, hot standard hotel breakfast (good enough) and a Starbucks not even 3 mins. away. If you are planning on going to the Medieval Times, it's only about 7 mins. away and that's during rush hour. If you aren't planning on going to the Medieval Times, you should. It's quite the event. This was also not very far from the Aquarium, museums, and the Klyde Warren Park. Excellent lunch from the food trucks! In all, it was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Indonesian first
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was here for 3 nights in March 2013 for a conference at the Dallas Convention Center. It's about a 12 minute taxi ride to downtown and cost about $16 oneway. The hotel is EXTREMELY clean and the front desk workers are super friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Lynn C
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you've read my other reviews, I've mentioned that I stay at La Quinta's all over the country. I travel with my husband for business. I definitely compare one hotel to the other. There is not a single complaint I have. The hotel is beautiful. It looks like a 5 star hotel. Go La Quinta! Everything from the immaculate outside of the building to the clean, modern inside is a great experience. They even have a nice pool and jacuzzi outside (I never used it but it looks clean and very nice). The lobby is very welcoming and modern, as are the hallways, breakfast area, and guest rooms. The bathrooms are large and very clean and new. The flat screens are nice and the bed is very comfortable. The linens are sparkling and look brand new. Everything about the hotel is just so modern which I love.

The breakfast was very good and the front desk staff was excellent. Great price for such a nice hotel. Definitely will stay here again. f

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NiqabiWife
Branson, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just ok. I wouldn't want to stay more than one night. The front desk people were nice and the hotel does look new, but it also has not so great things too. I find the beds way too hard for my taste. It is very close to the interstate so lots of traffic noise and there are no restaurants anywhere close. As we got in late we were hoping for a close place to eat so we wouldn't have to navigate Dallas again but no such luck. They do have a "bistro" on site but for a salad, it looks like they picked up at the grocery store, with little cubes of chicken on top they wanted $7, which I find ridiculous.

Overall if I were just staying the night I would pick this hotel again, because its clean and that's the biggie for me, but I wouldn't want to stay longer than that.

Just a tip if you do stay here get a room on the top floor as we had to deal with a lot of stomping from the room above at 1 in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013