“A most enjoyable stay”

Ranked #17 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Copenhagen
“A most enjoyable stay”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We spent a few nights at the La Quinta Dallas Love Field, and were very pleased with the comfort and quality. The room was well appointed, modern and spacious, with lots of desk space. Free Wi-Fi, fridge, ample closet space, window that opens (albeit lots of traffic). The breakfast was great (love the Texas-shaped pancakes!). The location was convenient for getting into or around Dallas.

Great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DreamDogH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Indonesian first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Cons: I've spent 6 nights at this La Quinta. Every morning I've been awakened at 4-6 a.m. by the creaking of the floor directly above me as inconsiderate guests stomped about. Thankfully, the walls between rooms seem pretty thick and I didn't hear other TV's blasting, but the floors between levels aren't very well insulated, as I could hear every footstep of the guests above.
Twice the water has been turned off for hours in mid-afternoon. When I turn on the hot water in the bathroom sink, the pipes creak in the walls. The water in the shower takes a LONG time to get hot. After the rooms are made up daily, they smell strongly of perfume-y cleaner and I had to open the window to air out the room. The hotel is in a peculiar location that is not easy to find for someone who doesn't know the city. Twice I got lost coming back to it, and several times made the wrong turn-off. It is in the most butt-ugly part of town imaginable.
Pros: The staff was very courteous. The free morning breakfast was adequate and generous. Free wi-fi in the rooms, and the connection speed was pretty good. Free parking.
I stayed at this hotel because of the high ratings, which IMHO are undeserved. I would stay here again if nothing else in the price range was available, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor if you want to sleep past 6 a.m.!
4 Thank Thor N
JCSam12, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We are sorry that your experience with us was not what you expected from us. The management is aware that the water was shut down to fix a plumbing issue. We have informed all the guests by a written notice sent to all the rooms about the shut down well in advance. We are sorry that you missed the note. We also took care of the water flow issue to the rooms. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate you sharing your experience.
We hope to see you again and enjoy a better experience with us.

Manager
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It is clean, fairly new, and nicely maintained. The guest laundry was one of the nicest I have ever used. Breakfast was typical for this type hotel, but it was always fully stocked and hot foods were hot. We especially liked the Texas-shaped waffle maker. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Loved the large TV in the room. We had two queen beds (not a suite) and it was not crowded. The only slight negative is the highway noise that can be heard in the room, however the fan from the heat/air unit helped to mask the sound. It did not keep us awake at night, but we were at the end of the hotel away from the highway. It was also nice having salads and sandwiches available for purchase 24 hours/day. I will definitely stay here again whenever I am in Dallas.

1 Thank TravelingMom510
Thank You for sharing your wonderful experience.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm a Canadian that travels to Dallas every January. This newly opened hotel (Sept 2012) was very friendly, convenient to my destination, and a great experience. No restaurant, but you could orders simple, very inexpensive meals for your room. Breakfast included, great staff. I'd certainly come back, especially for the price.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SAN ANGELO
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 7 times. A friend recommended the hotel and said I would not be disappointed. She was right. The hotel is well cared for clean and the staff are always helpful and courteous. On a couple of occasions I arrived before the check-in time and asked if I could check in. The person at the desk checked and allowed me to check-in every time. Granted it was only a 1/2 hour early, but it was better than sitting out in car. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank P W
Denton, Texas
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great hotel: clean, cute decor, great location, free parking, windows you can open, fridge and microwave, free breakfast, late check-out. If driving from Dallas, take the 114 split and Frontage will be the second exit. Very, very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YH02
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Everything was very clean and new. The front desk was very friendly.. (and they game us free candy and chips!!) Breakfast was good, sausage, biscuit and gravy.. Of course the traditional waffle too!

My only complaint was that it sounded like people were stomping in the hallways, super loud.. Maybe that was just rude people, but could have been the structure of the building.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family