“Flavor / Atmosphere Explosion”
Review of Velvet Taco

Velvet Taco
Ranked #7 of 3,626 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Fort Worth, Texas
“Flavor / Atmosphere Explosion”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We walked in and knew we were in for a treat. The smells were intoxicating. Although they were super busy the staff was friendly. The talked were cleaned continuously. Here's our order:
Dad- crispy calamari, cornmeal fried oysters, rotisserie corn and margarita. He said the tacos were amazing. The flavors popped in his mouth. The corn is the star. Never had corn taste so good.
Daughter- flank steak/rotisserie chicken/corn/Cuban pork. Steak was tender. Chicken was so flavorful and moist. The duck bacon was so good. The crema was light was tasty. She raved over this one. The pickles were fresh and crispy. The mustard elevated the flavor of the whole taco
Son- crisp tikka chicken/ rotisserie chicken BLT/ beer- first off the sauce is hot as hell BUT the taco is soooo good. The rice robbed down the heat. The crema mild and creamy. The BLT helped balance the heat. the beer is brewed in McKinney. Fresh, flavorful and smooth. Want bitter no after taste. Very good.
Me- ate the bottom of the crisp tikka. The sauce was so hot that my lips burned. The rice I could've ate by myself. The rotisserie chicken BLT was my favorite. The goat cheese and crema have the taco a tangy zip the avocado made the chicken moist.
All altogether this place is with the drive from Fort Worth by way of AAC. The whole experience was stellar. I will recommend to all of my fellow foodies.

1 Thank Deemark

Dallas, Texas, USA
“Good taco place for Dallas”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Up front I have to disclose that I lived in San Antonio for 16 years before moving to Dallas. So far I haven't found a place to replace the taco experience in San Antonio. Maybe it's there - I keep trying.

Also, I have to admit I'm more of a beef fajita or chicken kind of guy and not so much the specialty taco, which Velvet Taco orders.

Having said this, I find the tacos to be good as a specialty taco. The one drawback I see is that seating is somewhat limited. There is outside seating for those 10 - 15 days a year in Dallas when the weather fits it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jim R
Navasota, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This place has amazing Taco's. Really hit the spot after a long day of work. Definielty recommend people to try if in the DFW metroplex!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JoeE W
Dallas, Texas
“Love the food”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I wish I had heard about this place. Very unique menu and great food. Love the tacos and spicy sauce.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank DallasCowboys007
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,234 helpful votes
“Delicious tacos”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

In my search to find the best tacos in Dallas, we visited velvet tacos. This is no ordinary tex mex place more a gourmet taco restaurant, there are some fabulous fillings and choices, some of them are extremely unusual.
The inside of the restaurant is small but cozy. There is every chance that you may not get a seat at lunchtime but there is additional seating outdoors. Between the 4 of us we managed to order 7 different kinds of tacos. The Cuban was delicious, as was the chicken tikka and the breakfast taco. There is plenty of choice for meat, fish and vegetarian lovers.
It's not the cheapest of taco restaurants but it's fun and delicious and will leave you wanting to come back to taste the rest of the menu!

Visited November 2013