“Well worn HGI”

Ranked #21 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
chicago, IL
“Well worn HGI”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

a relatively large HGI situated nearby downtown dallas. typical HGI structure, look, and feel. interiors are well worn and could use some freshening up (dim lighting, old grout in bathrooms, dark carpets). tricky freeway exit and frontage road turnaround to access the hotel. otherwise clean and safe parking.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

I want to personally thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to Dallas, TX. I appreciate your feedback and comments regarding your most recent stay and we utilize your feedback to help improve our products and services for you. Its a new year and we are excitied because we are in the process of completing the followign projects: all new GSS Beds, 32" Flat Screen LG Tvs in all guest rooms with new armoire units, new Precor Ftiness Center by Hilton, and new furniture throughout the hotels public space and guest rooms. I look forward to seeing you in the future and have a great day!

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Market Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
yorkshire
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights, the first room we were offered was a smoking room and we don't smoke so the staff changed it for us.
The nights sleep was interupted by a Biker's convention that were staying at the hotel and riding round and round the car park all night.
The hotel was within easy reach of Dallas city centre and the shuttle bus was useful for this.
To describe this hotel it was just OK

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

I want to thank you for taking your time to fill out a response on your most recent stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel for your stay and look forward to your next visit. I want to apologize for the noise disturbances that you encountered throughout your stay and wanted to let you know that we have spoken to the Dallas PD to help these situations out for future events held in this area. If there is ever anything i can do to be of service, please contact me directly at anytime. Thank you and have a wonderful holiday.

Spring, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2010

End up at this hotel via Priceline and was happy with the place. Convenient location to downtown Dallas, spacious rooms, friendly staff and free Wi-Fi that worked well. Rooms include both a microwave oven and refrigreator. Restaurant on site, but I didn't try it (they charge $10.95 for breakfast). Only negatives (minor) are poor driveway access and noise. Rooms in front of hotel face freeway while those on the back side (where I stayed) can hear the rooftop A/C units. Overall, I was happy with the place and will probably stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Manger at desk was very rude at check in, don't think he was happy to be there. When arriving to my room it was very smokey but was a NON-SMOKING room, was offered another room which turned out to smell a lot better, but the man at the desk was rude yet again and made me feel i was an inconvenience to him. Would not recommend or return to this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

I want to apologize for the inconvenience and service that you recieved during your most recent stay. Extraordinary service is our goal to provide to you and every guest of ours. At your earliest convenience, would you please contact me directly so we could discuss and resolve this situation for you. I look forward to hearing from you and having the chance to make this right.

Mississippi
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a weekend trip to Dallas for a concert. We arrived late night/early morning on Saturday and the front desk staffer was excellent at speed of check in (I'm sure I looked tired) and explaining amenities of the hotel (locations, operation times, etc), and offering other suggestions for my stay. I was quickly on my way to my room which I must say was superb. The room was nice size and clean. It had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. I did not use the wifi high speed internet but it was included in the room for no additional charge. The bed was comfortable as well. The second night of my stay I was looking for a late night snack/dinner and the front desk staff was helpful in giving me suggestions on open restaurants and delivery/takeout options. In addition to all the above perks of this hotel, it is easy to find and you have easy access to the freeway. I had no problems with any part of my stay and the staff and room exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We aim to ensure that your stay is extraordinary. We look forward to your future stays and please let us know if we can be of any service for you and your family. Have a great week!

Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Spent two nights here with spouse in conjunction with a friend's wedding.

Large jugs with water/lemons in the lobby on a table. Cups were sometimes available. Other guests seemed to leave their used cups lying on the table for lack of someplace immediately nearby to dispose of them (just carry them outside or to the front desk). Warm cookies provided in lobby at night, but not nearly enough for all guests. One platter and when they were gone that was it. Not a good idea when the hotel was filled with kids.

Check-in staff seemed a little uncomfortable with any process or request that isn't scripted. Had to ask for the package I had sent to the hotel as there was no indication in my folio it had arrived.

First non-smoking room we were given reeked of cig smoke. Changed to another room at the other end of hall and no smell.

Room was nice. Had fridge and microwave, desk/chair, couch and chair, end table, coffee table, but not a lot of lighting. No flat screen TV.

Closet shelf was low-for hanging dress it wasn't good as it nearly hung on the floor. Lots of pillows. Neutrogena amenities. Bed was comfortable.

Pool and spa area were popular with guests. Spa has sign reading "Do not use if temperature over 104F" and we didn't know if that meant outside air temperature or water temperature. At any rate, there was no way to know what the air or water temps were as there were no thermometers in the pool/spa area!

Fitness center very nice with plenty of towels.

Breakfast was included with my room. Selection was good. Service was spotty as FIFA World Cup games were on each morning and the waitstaff seemed far more interested in watching the game than serving customers. Several requests had to be repeated.

Business center was very good.

Location good for our purposes, but if you want to be within walking distance of anything this isn't a place for you. But, who walks in Dallas?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your response and comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback to help us improve our services and products for you and all future guests that stay with us. I apologize for the service issues you encountered and will personally address each one specifically to ensure they do not occur again. As for the temperature sign for the spa, by law it is required to have it posted in Dallas. Again, thank you for your comments and stay with us, I look forward to your next visit. Have a great day.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2010

My wife and I had an outstanding stay at this hotel. The entire staff was willing to accommodate our every need while we were there. The breakfast was very yummy and very well priced for an all you can eat buffet. The bed was super comfy (can I buy one?). We will certainly be returning to this hotel in the future and recommend all of our friends to it!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your wonderful comments and let you know that we appreciate your business. Our team enjoyed being able to accomodate and provide exceptional service for you and your family. Regarding the Hilton Garden Inn Beds (GSS Beds) you can definetely purchase them. Please contact me direclty at your earliest convenience and I will assist you on where to go to purchase your new GSS bed. Again, thank you for being a loyal customer and the team and myself look forward to your next visit. Have a great day!